• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Pearl Barley

txjames

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've never seen anyone talk about pearl barley. It's high fiber, cheap, filling, and has the lowest GI of any grain I know about. I add some paprika, pepper, green peppers, and onions to mine, but there are all kinds of ways to eat pearl barley.

Since I never see anyone talk about pearl barley, I got to thinking that maybe something is wrong with it. The only problem I could see is that it takes a long time to cook.

What do you think?

Scrummy Pearl Barley Curry

Ingredients (use vegan versions):
  • 3/4 Cup Pearl Barley
  • 1 level Tblsp Curry Paste (I like hot!)
  • 1 Chopped Onion
  • 2 Carrots, chopped
  • 1 Clove of Garlic
  • 1 Teaspoon of Coconut powder
  • Cornflour (approx. 1 heaped teaspoon) and Water mix, to thicken
  • Vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 Cup of Vegetable Stock
  • 2 Potatoes, peeled and chopped
  • 1/2 Cup mixed Green Peas
  • 1/2 Cup Corn Kernels
Directions:

Boil Pearl Barley for approx 35 minutes. Drain. While this is boiling, fry Onion and Garlic in Vegetable oil until tender.

Stir through curry paste and heat through (approx 1 minute). Stir in Vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Add chopped potato and carrot,and simmer until veggies are tender (approx 30 - 45 mins).

Add Peas and Corn, and stir in Pearl Barley. Heat through. Mix Cornflour, coconut powder and water to a watery paste and add to the curry. Stir until thickened.

Serve this on a bed of couscous or Rice, with pappodums. Very yummy! You can delete or add ingredients to suit. Serves: 4

txjames said:
I've never seen anyone talk about pearl barley. It's high fiber, cheap, filling, and has the lowest GI of any grain I know about. I add some paprika, pepper, green peppers, and onions to mine, but there are all kinds of ways to eat pearl barley.

Since I never see anyone talk about pearl barley, I got to thinking that maybe something is wrong with it. The only problem I could see is that it takes a long time to cook.

What do you think?
I mention it sometimes. LAM recommended it in some thread one time and I have since been a regular eater of barley. I think it is excellent.

barley is awesome i eat it similar to how i would eat rice

I eat barley every day. I eat hulled barley, though.

Peace.

All beans are great as long they not canned!!!

Cool. Just wanted to be sure there was nothing wrong with barley. Thanks!

canned black eyed peas taste like arse, and dried ones take a little effort to cook, frozen ones are pretty good

IML Gear Cream!
its best cooked with a lot of water and then the water drained. its impossible to gauge the perfect amount of water.

Back