NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Rotator Cuff

Thread: Rotator Cuff

Rep Points

Rotator Cuff

Recently i have had some popping and pain in the front of my left shoulder. I get the pain at times just from moving my arm. Im guessing it is a rotator cuff problem and im going to see a dr about it to be sure. In the mean time i looked up some rotator cuff exercises. Should i be doing theses now or wait until im healed and use them to strengthen from that point. Besides back and legs should i eliminate all other workouts for the time being? Thanks.

Rep Points

Although I've never had shoulder or shoulder rotator cuff problems, I just irritated my shoulder doing squats believe it or not.

My form is proper, but it was the stupid bar supports where you put the bar on when you're done your sets. At the front of the 2 adjustable supports there is a little edge sticking up.

You either have to lift the bar off with your shoulders or adjust the supports below shoulder width apart so that when you stand up, the bar is well away from the supports.

I had it at shoulder level & on a heavy set I had to lift the left side up with 365lbs on my back. I felt my left shoulder make a slight wierd move.

Now my shoulder is sore to do shoulder presses.

I'm not used to these types of bar supports on the squatting cages as in my old gym the bar supports were just a flat surface that you could just slide the bar back on & off. But it's feeling better today.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Calmdwn
    Recently i have had some popping and pain in the front of my left shoulder. I get the pain at times just from moving my arm. Im guessing it is a rotator cuff problem and im going to see a dr about it to be sure. In the mean time i looked up some rotator cuff exercises. Should i be doing theses now or wait until im healed and use them to strengthen from that point. Besides back and legs should i eliminate all other workouts for the time being? Thanks.
    rest it until you know what is wrong.

if the rotator cuff muscle are injured you do not want to train them, they need to heal first just like any muscle.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Pimp Gimp

Rep Points

Do NOT tear your rotator cuff. Trust me. It is a pain like none other. Twin Peak will back that. It is a horrible injury and recovery is no better.

Rest up, research doing some prehab work with surgical tubing.
    yay.

Rep Points

Robert DiMaggio

Have you ever exerpienced that problem when taking the bar on & off the bar supports?

At this gym I will have to put the supports below shoulder level to avoid this problem in the future.

But I've never had shoulder problems & it's only stiff & a bit sore when I put it in certain positions.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I injured both cuffs and did not require any surgery.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Rep Points

Robert DiMaggio

But have you ever had that problem with either shoulder taking the bar off the squatting rack?