• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Creatine - Take it on rest days?

canuck_newbie

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have just started to take 5 mg of creatine - with room-temperature grape juice 30 minutes before workouts. Should I be taking it on off days too (workout every second day), or is that unecessary?

Sounds like your taking monohydrate and in that case I would suggest you do. The argument is a little harder when your talking about expensive creatine because of the price:benefit ratio.

I personally take it on off days as well as on.

You should certainly take it every day, but you should "load" for atleast 5 days before you start your maintanance cycle. ex:

Week 1: 20g a day spread throughout the day evenly
Week 2-4: 5-10g a day around workout time

Then take a few weeks off

For more about info do a search there are alot more opinions than just yes.

Most people are convinced 5g a day is fine. And yes everyday. Get something like a kilo of creatine for like 25$ and take it daily.

Yes, I'm taking simple monohydrate. I'll start taking it on off days as well.

I have done some research, but everyone seems to have a bit of a different take on things. On loading, for instance, most seem to think that loading is not necessary, or at the most doesn't add a lot to the process, while some still consider loading gospel.

loading is not necessary and neither is cycling it, but it all comes down to a person opinion/preference.

Well, my opinion is there is no need to rush. If you NEED muscles by next thursday, by all means load. But by the end of the month you will have the same amount of muscle whether you loaded or not. IMO
As for takin it on off days its up to YOU, no one can answer that, is it worth it to you ($)?

canuck_newbie said:
Yes, I'm taking simple monohydrate. I'll start taking it on off days as well.

I have done some research, but everyone seems to have a bit of a different take on things. On loading, for instance, most seem to think that loading is not necessary, or at the most doesn't add a lot to the process, while some still consider loading gospel.

Werd.

Loading will saturate your muscles about three days faster than NOT loading will. That's a waste of creatine if you ask me.

IML Gear Cream!
PirateFromHell said:
You should certainly take it every day, but you should "load" for atleast 5 days before you start your maintanance cycle. ex:

Week 1: 20g a day spread throughout the day evenly
Week 2-4: 5-10g a day around workout time

Then take a few weeks off

I have a question.... after few weeks off. Take 5-10g a day OR start over 5 days with 20g a day?

My personal opinion is there is never a reason to take 20g a day. loading or not.

IMO I really agree with Loading being a waste of creatine. And I would stick to 5g a day.

i think 20 is too much- look at meta-cel for the first 3 days they want you taking 4 servings a day with 10g each- thats too much - then 2 a day after thats still 20 - this formula is wrong. my friend takes one serving of meta cel a day and put on 12 pounds on 4 weeks- not using anything else but protein.

Back