• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Should I change the routine?

chadeau

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I've been working out as follows for almost 2 months now.

Monday - Wednesday - Friday
biceps
triceps
chest
shoulders

Tuesday - Thursday - Sat
30 mins of treadmill and various leg exercises depending on my energy level

I've been reading some material as of late that would suggest I may be over working the weights. I'm thinking of changing my routine to allow for more recovery time. The thing is, with my regular routine mention above I am no longer feeling sore the day after. Does that mean i need to change something to shock my body again cause I've grown to accustomed to the routine even though I have been slowly increasing the weight?

new plan
Monday - Biceps & Triceps
Wednesday - Chest & Shoulders
Friday - Quads, hammy's, and calves with 15 mins cardio

Tuesday - Thursday - Saturday would remainthe same but without leg exercises

Thanks for and feedback :thumb:

Keep reading man.

Your new workout is good, but you dont have back on there.
I like to include one large bodypart on each day, what i'm doing now is:

Day 1: chest/delts/abs
Day 2: legs
break
Day 4; lower back/lats/traps
break.

Another one i liked was:

Monday: chest/bis
tues: legs
wed: off
thurs: lats/low back
fri: delts/traps/tris
sat/sun: off

I've been timid to try the back. Never really tried to isolate those muscles because it's easy to hurt yourself if you don't do it right.

You could put together a 4 day routine in which you need only work each bodypart once weekly. It'd work like this:
Monday: Quads, abs
Tuesday: Chest, calves
Wednesday: REST
Thursday: Back, Hams
Friday: Shoulders, arms
Saturday: REST
Sunday: REST

Include 3 days of low intensity aerobics, and the next week, do 3 sessions of H.I.T inteval training. DO NOT do any cardio on quads day. Then cycle back to the low intensity, alternating each week.

Pick 3 exercises for each bodypart, and use a rep scheme like (14, 12, 8, 6, 6) for the first exercise; (3x8-10) for the second exercise, and (2x10-12) for the last exercise. Every month or so, change up the routine, dropping and adding exercises you feel work or dont work.

Hope this helps, good luck!

chadeau said:

biceps
triceps
chest
shoulders

Tuesday - Thursday - Sat

I've been reading some material as of late that would suggest I may be over working the weights. I'm thinking of changing my routine to allow for more recovery time. The thing is, with my regular routine mention above I am no longer feeling sore the day after. Does that mean i need to change something to shock my body again cause I've grown to accustomed to the routine even though I have been slowly increasing the weight?

new plan

Thanks for and feedback :thumb:

First off what are your goals and stats?

Second, you definatly need some more recovery time.....you grow outside the gym not inside....keep that in mind. Your reading are true, you are working each muscle a little to much, thats what I would say for the average person. Start with your larger muscles first leaving the smaller ones for later in the week. You need to exert more energy on larger muscles so you want all that energy you stored up from the days off. I would put chest or back first. Now there are endless combo's of routines so to say one is best would be idiotic but try a search around here and you will find tons. A common one is
Mon:Chest & tri or bi
Tues:Legs
Wen:rest
Thur: Delts & Traps
Fri:rest
Sat:Back & bi or tri
Sun:rest
But search and you will find a bunch here.

Depending on your experience you could try some of the routines such as p/rr/s, ast's max-ot, or any of the popular training methods. I am guessing if you are scared to isolate you back you don't have much experience though. Back is just as dangerous as legs, or chest or shoulders. If you start light, execute the lift properly with good form you will not get hurt. There are many website out there that show you how to do a certain lift properly. Stick to core and compound lifts for now and master them. These will help you greatly then branch off from there.

If you are trying to gain weight get rid of that cardio, and if you are trying to cut up try HIIT or mix that with slower longer cardio types.

Chadeau

biceps
triceps
chest
shoulders

Tuesday - Thursday - Sat

new plan

Thanks for and feedback

I would definetely change up your routine as this routine looks like it could cause overtraining very quickly which will hinder your growth.

You never want to train your chest & shoulders on the same day or on back to back days. You should never train your triceps on the same day as chest or the same nor should you do your back & biceps on the same day due to all the rowing & pulling.

Here is a routine that allows all muscles to recover properly for their main workout.

Monday: Chest/biceps
Tuesday: Legs/calves
Wed: Rest
Thursday: Back/Triceps
Friday: Rest
Saturday:Shoulders/Traps/neck
Sunday: Rest

I know some ppl won't agree with doing your triceps on back day as it would be a pull & push workout, but after the leg workout, I don't think you'd have the energy to do a tricep work out.

I hope this helps.

Johnnny, never says never! lol

What you say is an opinion not a fact. I have had great results with working tri's w/ chest and bi's w/ back. Its all a preference and flexability is key. If you can change your routine up every so often it is much great and by simply changing those two days slightly is a world of a different color.

What works for one doesn't mean it works for all, everyone must try many things to figure out what truely works for them.....so don't say "never train chest with tri's"....etc......b/c it may work better for him than it did for you. Working chest with shoulders is fine as well, I find it to be the best way for me. My shoulders have gotten great size by doing them with chest.

Also with your routine you are only giving shoulders one days rest. You hit the shoulders then a day later chest, in mine that I provided I allowed 2 full days rest. I would rather go my way if you wish to work delts and chest sperate.

Johnnny said:
Chadeau

I would definetely change up your routine as this routine looks like it could cause overtraining very quickly which will hinder your growth.

You never want to train your chest & shoulders on the same day or on back to back days. You should never train your triceps on the same day as chest or the same nor should you do your back & biceps on the same day due to all the rowing & pulling.

Here is a routine that allows all muscles to recover properly for their main workout.

Monday: Chest/biceps
Tuesday: Legs/calves
Wed: Rest
Thursday: Back/Triceps
Friday: Rest
Saturday:Shoulders/Traps/neck
Sunday: Rest

I know some ppl won't agree with doing your triceps on back day as it would be a pull & push workout, but after the leg workout, I don't think you'd have the energy to do a tricep work out.

I hope this helps.

your routine is similar to mine, I do:

Day 1 - Chest (AM) & Biceps (PM)
Day 2 - Quads (AM) & Hamstrings (PM)
Day 3 - Calves, Abs & HIIT (AM)
Day 4 - Shoulders (AM) & Triceps (PM)
Day 5 - Back (AM) & Back/Traps (PM)
Day 6 - Calves, Abs & HIIT (AM)
Day 7 - Off or repeat cycle

IML Gear Cream!
There's nothing wrong with the frequency of the routine. The fault with that routine would lie in the volume.

Lam

your routine is similar to mine, I do:

Day 1 - Chest (AM) & Biceps (PM)
Day 2 - Quads (AM) & Hamstrings (PM)
Day 3 - Calves, Abs & HIIT (AM)
Day 4 - Shoulders (AM) & Triceps (PM)
Day 5 - Back (AM) & Back/Traps (PM)
Day 6 - Calves, Abs & HIIT (AM)
Day 7 - Off or repeat cycle

your routine is very perfect. The only thing I would change is shoulders & triceps as when you do your shoulders & chest, your triceps get hit pretty well & they won't have as strong as a tricep workout as they normally would when done seperately.

But overall a pretty good routine.

DeadBolt

Johnnny, never says never! lol

What you say is an opinion not a fact. I have had great results with working tri's w/ chest and bi's w/ back. Its all a preference and flexability is key. If you can change your routine up every so often it is much great and by simply changing those two days slightly is a world of a different color.

Well you if you try seperating them, than maybe you'd find that you might have an even better workout for each of those muscles than you are already having.

Saturday Fever

There's nothing wrong with the frequency of the routine. The fault with that routine would lie in the volume.

What do you mean by the fault lies in volume? Are you referring to the amount of sets & reps I do? B/c I haven't listed the amount of sets & reps I do.

Johnny I think SNF was refering to Chads routine.

I wish I had the time to frequent the gym the amount you do but I can only manage 1 visit a day right now with my busy schedual. So p/rr/s is perfect for me, I don't think I will never shy away from it for to long....maybe experiment with some other things but I will alwas go back!

Just for the record that is not my current routine, I currently do: p/rr/s
Chest/Delts
rest
Legs
rest
Back/Traps
Arms
rest

That was just a quick routine I thought of for him. I am sure at his status it wouldn't hurt him to work either of our routines or any of the millions of combos out there b/c he sounds pretty new to it. Right now as long as you keep at it you will see results chad, just keep the body guessing and experiment with many different lifts. Become knowledgable of many lifts and the weights you can manage so once you start a more popular routine you will not have to guess or worry about poor form.

thanks deadbolt

I've been working out on and off for the past 2 years...but I would still consider myself new to it all.

My routine up until I just changed it this week has given me results. I think a change might be a tweak I need. But like you said, try it out and see if it's for me.

chadeau said:
thanks deadbolt

I've been working out on and off for the past 2 years...but I would still consider myself new to it all.

My routine up until I just changed it this week has given me results. I think a change might be a tweak I need. But like you said, try it out and see if it's for me.
:thumb: Good idea bud

Back