Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Mercury levels

Thread: Mercury levels

working for the man
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Mercury levels

I eat about a can of albacore a day, but was thinking of cutting back to every other day or so because of mercury. Before I do I was wondering if anyone (especially the hardcore albacore eaters) has had their mercury levels tested. Anyone?

I'm going to get my cholesterol and junk tested in the next couple of weeks and I'm going to see if they'll test for mercury. I'll you know what the results are.

happy sumo
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yea, I would be interested in the results. I asy keep eating like you have, a can a day.

Unless you are a woman who plans to become pregnant, you should have NO problem eating 5 cans a day. If you want, do a search, because this is fairly old and been debated to death.
    P-side Inc.

"the post-workout high is more profound than any drug-induced rush imaginable." -Dante B.

Filthy Animal

Rep Points

I've been eating 1-2 cans a day for over a year. I glow in the dark now like a nightlite, but I dont think mercury causes that.
    But when you disarm them, you at once offend them by showing that you distrust them, either for cowardice or for want of loyalty, and either of these opinions breeds hatred against you.

-N. Machiavelli

Rep Points

I only eat albacore. I can't stand cat food tuna I eat a can a day and although I've never been tested, I don't have any issues in result of high mercury levels.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

if tuna is my vice in life then so be it

working for the man
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Just to let you know. My boss had his mercury tested and it came back at 44. According to the doc the normal range is under 14. He eats no canned tuna - usually fresh fish most of which is salmon. I'm going to have mine tested tomorrow.

working for the man
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Another FYI. My mercury came back at 19. I've been eating around 5 cans of albacore a week for the past 5 months, plus fish a couple of nights a week. I ate fish prior to the past 5 months just not as much. The doc told me not to eat fish for 6 months. I'm not sure why 6 months since (I think) I should be within acceptable ranges in just over a month. Oh well, I hadn't been eating enough chicken anyway.....

Rep Points

Well, this is certainly interesting......So tuna can raise the levels...and just at 5 cans a week....Im the same as you...Ive been eating 5 cans of tuna a week for awhile now....