• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Injury to Sciatic Nerve

Vital Signs

Pure Energy
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Last January during a rest period I woke up one morning with an uncomfortable feeling in my lower left back/hip. By noon the pain had traveled into my left thigh and was very excruciating. Went to the doctor who gave me a shot in the left cheek which didn't even phase me. They had to wheel me out to my car and I drove to RX drive-thru, then drove home and literally crawled into the house. Took 2 pain pills and a very stout margarita just to knock me out. Worst pain I have ever experienced. Anyway, after 2 weeks I was able to walk without a limp, and 3 months later started working out again. Probably could have started sooner but I think the fear factor delayed me. I'm working out great and even with heavier weights than I was prior to the injury. Problem is, my inner quad (tear drop) isn't responding like it used to, and sometimes it feels numb like it's half asleep.

I've been doing stretches that work the lower back and hips, which seems to help but hasn't remedied the problem. Anybody have any suggestions, or am I overdue for a visit to the local chiropractor..?

So you just woke up one morning with this random pain?? You dont know of anything that might have caused it?

So you just woke up one morning with this random pain?? You dont know of anything that might have caused it?
Honestly, I have no idea what could have caused it! I woke up that morning, cleaned up and arrived at work at 8:00 a.m., and about 9:00 a.m. I had a very uncomfortable feeling in my lower back/left hip... by noon my inner left thigh was in excruciating pain. Left work to see my doctor who gave me a shot and a pain prescription,... then went home but I layed on the floor screaming in pain, even after 2 pain pills. I fixed myself a very stout margarita, which mixed with the pain pills just so it would knock me out and I could get some sleep, and escape the pain..!

I have no idea what caused this..!

If you really dont remember any trauma then this chould be as simple as a spasming piriformis muscle (which i see often)....could be because you carry your wallet in your back pocket and you have damaged the nerve that way (if you do carry one in your back pocket...stop!)....or it could be more serious...possibly a viral infection in the nerve root or a million other things....check out my first two suggestions and if you still hurt i would get some further diagnostic tests done....pain pills dont cure a dmn thing.

DrChiro said:
If you really dont remember any trauma then this chould be as simple as a spasming piriformis muscle (which i see often)....could be because you carry your wallet in your back pocket and you have damaged the nerve that way (if you do carry one in your back pocket...stop!)....or it could be more serious...possibly a viral infection in the nerve root or a million other things....check out my first two suggestions and if you still hurt i would get some further diagnostic tests done....pain pills dont cure a dmn thing.
I DIDN'T KNOW THERE WAS A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE. I HAVE A FEW HERNIATED DISKS, 1 IN THE THORACIC, AND 2 IN THE LOWER LUMBAR, MAY NEED YOUR ASSISTANCE IN THE FUTURE, I LEARNED TO WORK AROUND THE INJURIES. BUT WHO KNOWS WHAT'S DOWN THE ROAD. :D

You May Want To Get An Xray Of Your Back, Or Even Better An M R I An M R I Is A Bit Extreme And Expensive, But You Will See If Anything Is Putting Pressure On The Nerves In Your Back..

I hernitated 2 lumbar disks as well and the pain was just like you have described. Mine was congenital and had no tramatic cause either. I agree with Spike you should get it xrayed and find out what is CAUSING the pain..I too did the pain pills + alcohol and that's not exactly a safe thing to be doing on a regular basis..you gotta treat the cause if you want it to go away. What I have found is by strengthening your core you support the vertibrae better which will keep them from getting outta line and pressing on the nerve....making the pain go byebye!! :thumb:

I only did the pain pills and alcohol that one night just to knock me out, and I continued with the pills for one week. Afterwards, I was no longer in pain. I am currently working out with weights even heavier than before the incident. It's just that my inner left thigh feels like it's half asleep at times, so obviously there is still pressure on that nerve somewhere. I was told by another person who suffered something similar, that one or two visits to a chiropractor would probably cure this.

IML Gear Cream!
Vital Signs said:
I only did the pain pills and alcohol that one night just to knock me out, and I continued with the pills for one week. Afterwards, I was no longer in pain. I am currently working out with weights even heavier than before the incident. It's just that my inner left thigh feels like it's half asleep at times, so obviously there is still pressure on that nerve somewhere. I was told by another person who suffered something similar, that one or two visits to a chiropractor would probably cure this.
I've had great results from chiropractic therapy. Try it, it may help. :thumb:

Had the same feeling, Felt like some one was pulling on the nerve from my hip down to my quad and back calf.. Couldn't walk right, sit right or sleep the way I wanted to for Months. Got so bad sometimes it would spasm, and I would loose my breath.(on the bad days) I actually think it lasted almost a year with some kind of pain. It went away sooner or later. Never effected my training after wards.. growth was still there. Never seen a doctor, I guess I'm was to Hard headed. Pain went away. Movement and flexibility are all back.

I say see a doctor though.

I have 2 completely herniated discs at S1/S2 and L4/L5. starting back at 135 lbs and squating ATF with no belt cured me of all back problems and sciatica. VaxD didn't do shit for me...

hi all this is a q for my wife, she is training hard at her gym and suffers sciatica pretty bad so she avoids sqauts , thing is from her gym work out fri , her back is threatining her in other words if she carrys on for a few more days doing what she was doing at gym she will get a sciatica attack again , she wants to know coz she hasnt being doing sqauts why is her i this happining she can only think it might be the total abdomal machine she was using fri which is twists with weight for abs, could this do this ??????????

Back