Divine Nutrition

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Rotator cuff

Thread: Rotator cuff

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

Rotator cuff

Looking for some advice...

For the past couple days ive had a sharp pain in my right shoulder, just to the right and behind my pec. It typically only hurts when i rotate my shoulder forward. I still have complete range of movement, so im assuming its just some tendonitis. It's gotten slightly better over the past couple days.

Normally id just take a week off and let it rest... but im mid-cycle at the moment, and id like to avoid cutting it short if possible. As such, i was thinking of just doing some very light chest work, maybe 1 moderate set 3 times this week, instead of one heavy chest day. Is this stupid?

addicted to the crack

Rep Points

try doing partial reps with more weight and see if that helps....its not ideal but the reduced stress on the shoulder may allow you to still make gains and protect yourself.

Try partial bench presses in the rack or benching off the floor.

If these partials still cause a great deal of pain....stop...even though i know that sucks...until you figure out what is going on....no sense in risking permanent injury.

It sounds more like a bursitis...but of course it is hard to tell without actually seeing you. good luck.
    My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us.

OMGWTFBBQ

Rep Points

I just looked up bursitis, and it does seem to fit me pretty well. Many of the symptoms are just the same as with rotator cuff problems, though. Maybe i should just go get an MRI.

Do i need to go through my doctor to get an MRI, or can i just go into the emergency room?

Rep Points

My right shoulder has been bugging me, I am off to see an Orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. It really only bothers me on pressing movements.

To help heal, I changed up my form (based in part on some of the threads from last week on this site) and started doing floor dumb bell presses yesterday. I have to tell you I loved the floor presses. I am not sure I lose anything anyway by not going past horizontal. Also, I have been doing HIT training as opposed to volume training the last month and will continue probably through August. Just to change things up a bit. HIT training is brutal, only one set right? Easy. I almost puked after ward and I was sweating buckets.
    Live with integrity, die with honor.