• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Depressed not got a clue what to do :(

Gray

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Hi all im 17,

I have got bad genetics i look very young for my age, Im tall 5ft 9 but THIN boned so i look skinny,

Only problem is i have real big hips and abit of a belly i have big red stretch marks on my hips 2 lol

I got really skinny arms and i get abit of pain in my wrists i been to docter he said maybe not a good idea to lift weights,

I have signed up to the gym i want to get fit can someone help me,

Should i buy a weight gainer and use it 3 times a day and go swimming everymorning ??????????????

Or should i try weights even though docter said maybe not a good idea,

He asked me to post on forums because he hasent got a clue about sports and fitness.

What did the DR. say the pain in the wrists was caused by ?

He asked me to post on forums because he hasent got a clue about sports and fitness.

that is the problem right there. Most docotrs don't have a clue about training. What is the problem with your wrist?

Don't get any weight gainer until you get your diet in order. What is that like?

Gray said:
...Only problem is i have real big hips and abit of a belly i have big red stretch marks on my hips 2 lol

Should i buy a weight gainer and use it 3 times a day and go swimming everymorning ??????????????

Or should i try weights even though docter said maybe not a good idea,...
How big are your hips??...how did you get stretch marks on hips??...are you male or female??...avoid the weight gainer unless you want a bigger belly and more stretch marks on your hips...stick to whey protein powder.

I bet you are lifting too heavy and that is causing the pain in your wrists, if not there must be some resistance exercise you can do without causing pain in your wrist...experiment.

Until you figure something out swimming every morning is an awesome idea.

on't sweat the strech marks. When I was 17 i developed strech marks on my belly, under my arms and on my waist. I had a terrible complex and even swam with a shirt on. In time i cared less about it since there was nothing i could do about theem anyway. Now since 17 years has passed....they do not matter at all. I play all day with my three kids at the beach and do not think about it at all. Since I started body building, people think they are from hard time in the gym. I do encourage you to do what you can do get in shape and find out why the Dr. said something is wrong with your wrists. A lot of times the dr's do not know what they are talking about. Just a little advice from a preacher :)

Hi its me again the docter said he doesnt know,

He said their ok but i suppose as i got thin bones i just get joint pains sometimes they get stiff etc Their ok alot of the time, But i do get alot of mild pains,

Techinly theirs nothing wrong with them,

Docter just said to me u can try weights but i wouldent advise it if you get pain from your wrists, I allso have really thin arms they look bony lol i probably couldent lift anything anyway.

i got stretch marks and a belly cause i sit and use my computer alot lol Im not the most active person which is why i have signed up to esporta gym i will go in the mornings but i dont know what to do,

I was thinking I know weights rule but i thought if i do sit ups, the stomach machines and swimming every morning it would help me shape up lose fat and build abit of muscle, I have just got 8 big tubs of protien aswell. might take 3 a day.

Maybe weights would be better ??????????? but i have thin arms and im weak so maybe not thats why i need help !!!!!!!!!!

The main thing i got in my mind is this I have a big fat belly and hips but skinny arms, so i want to lose my belly and build up my upper body strength

Oh im allso MALE im 17/m/england lol !

Gray said:
...Maybe weights would be better ??????????? but i have thin arms and im weak so maybe not thats why i need help !!!!!!!!!!

The main thing i got in my mind is this I have a big fat belly and hips but skinny arms, so i want to lose my belly and build up my upper body strength
The thin arms don't mean a thing...you have to start somewhere right??...Bodybuilding almost always attracts people with thin arms/fat ass/narrow shoulders...ect. We all have different reasons why we started bodybuilding, but we all want the same thing.

Bodybuilding is the most productive form of exercise in terms of changing your physical appearance. No matter how bad your genetics are you can improve your physique with bodybuilding training and diet principles.

I think Arnold Schwarzenegger's "The new encyclopedia of modern bodybuilding" is required reading for any begining bodybuilder. Everthing is covered in this book, it is the "bible" of bodybuilding. Building muscle is more complicated for someone like yourself and is such an individual thing that no one has a magic routine or diet that will be the most beneficial for you.

Some peoples genetics do them favors and others have to do absolutely everything right, my best advice is to get Arnold's book and read it from cover to cover, then read again. This will almost instantly make you an expert on everything bodybuilding. Then it is up to you to put all your new found knowledge to work.

Good luck

hi where can i get the book from online shop ????

I will get it sounds good, this is the deal Im buying a bench and free weights for my room allso a treadmill for cardio !!!!!!!!!!

How many times should i use the treadmill to help lose fat and build muscle ??? or is a treadmill a bad idea all together. thanks for your advice i will get the book

Get the book from any online book store. Buy the book before you invest in a bench/treadmill.

The treadmill isn't really a good idea anyway. Cardio has it place in bodybuilding but for now get the basics of bodybuilding down. Think about the cardio after you start making some progress with the bodybuilding.

IML Gear Cream!
Gray, don't get depressed - you are taking positive action. You should feel good about that. Arnold's book is a good place to start, it is the first one I read and it gives good basics. I also found it incredibly motivational, not just for getting fit but for life in general. On the wrists, let us know when they hurt - is at a particular lift? The only lift I can't do for some reason (I am sure it is poor form, some day I'll get it right) is close grip bench press. It just kills my wrists, no other lift does. So what do I do? I don't do them - I do other lifts that hit the same area and do not cause pain.

Start light and see how it goes with the wrists. Before you know it you'll be a monster and go to heavy for a few months and have new injuries to worry about (hopefully not, I say that jokingly, if you do this right you should not have to suffer injuries).

BTW, the doctor did say it was ok to try weights - correct? I personally never go against a doctor's opinion (even if I suspect it is stupid) until I get a second opinion.

Gray

Hi its me again the docter said he doesnt know,

He said their ok but i suppose as i got thin bones i just get joint pains sometimes they get stiff etc Their ok alot of the time, But i do get alot of mild pains,

Techinly theirs nothing wrong with them,

Docter just said to me u can try weights but i wouldent advise it if you get pain from your wrists, I allso have really thin arms they look bony lol i probably couldent lift anything anyway.

i got stretch marks and a belly cause i sit and use my computer alot lol Im not the most active person which is why i have signed up to esporta gym i will go in the mornings but i dont know what to do,

I was thinking I know weights rule but i thought if i do sit ups, the stomach machines and swimming every morning it would help me shape up lose fat and build abit of muscle, I have just got 8 big tubs of protien aswell. might take 3 a day.

Maybe weights would be better ??????????? but i have thin arms and im weak so maybe not thats why i need help !!!!!!!!!!

You might want to ask your doctor to check your calcium levels.

You may need a calcium supplement. & Glucosamine for joints.

If you start training you need to train sensibly & eat right.

If you have some sort of medical condition causing these problems, your doctor should run more tests blood tests preferably & whatever other tests done to find problems.

If you know more about what's wrong, then you could fix it & start training properly.

Hi the docter says the wrist pains join problem is nothing because i just egt a few painfull clicks when i move it sometimes,

He says its because i use my computer so much and it puts abit of strain on the wrist. Anyway I might buy glucosamine from holland and barrat and the protien powder i use has 222% rda for calcium so that should help.

Ive had Blood tests he said theirs nothing wrong so he says its probably just bad joints or something but glucosamine should help, docter cant really give anything better so i wont bother going back to him hes useless.

i am gonna order a weight bench and go to the gym and do sits up and use their stomach machine to help lose my belly Maybe running ????????? is running a god idea i do have quite abit of body fat in places i dont like lol

About the wrists: start easy on arm exercises, and make certain to stretch out your shoulders. Yes, I said shoulders. For a lot of computer types, wrist problems actually start with nerve impingement in the shoulders. Don't go too heavy on the weights too fast. It is very possible, as a beginner, for muscle development to outstrip the ability of your joints/bones to take it, and that's when injury happens. Glucosamine may help, as may MSM (very often they come combined). If you start lifting weights and have problems, you may want to wrap your wrists. You will also need to be very careful about form, and NOT going heavier than you really should.

Get Arnold's book by all means, but DO NOT FOLLOW HIS ROUTINE RECOMMENDATIONS. Arnold is a machine, who trained at an insane volume even for an advanced, professional, and probably drug-using, bodybuilder. Do Arnold routines, and you will hurt yourself. The book is certainly inspirational, though.

If I were you, I'd go for something like Body for Life by Bill Phillips (EVERYONE ELSE, STOP LAUGHING). It is a beginner book, designed for those precisely in your situation: lacking in both strength and cardiovascular fitness, unsure what to eat, unsure how to set up a workout plan and what exercises to do. Skip over his cheesy motivational chapters if they give you hives. The nutrition plan is easy to follow if you don't want to get all freaky just yet about measuring portions and counting macros, the exercises are good, solid, basic ones, which can mostly even be done at home, and the cardio (a variant of interval training) will give you a start on your aerobic fitness.

Akateros said:
...Get Arnold's book by all means, but DO NOT FOLLOW HIS ROUTINE RECOMMENDATIONS. Arnold is a machine, who trained at an insane volume even for an advanced, professional, and probably drug-using, bodybuilder. Do Arnold routines, and you will hurt yourself...
There are routines and diets for anyone. Regardless of of bodytype. He doesn't promote the 2 hour long marathon sessions that built his physique. It is much better than the muscle mags with there glossy full page ads trying to separate you from your money. Read it and read it over again!!

I never read body for life. I did buy a magizine once with the body for life challange/ Bill Phillps and all that crap. I was not inspired by all the fat/skinny people and there physical transformations...it all seemed like a marketing scam for supplements.

You've come to the right place my friend. There are a lot of knowledgeable people on these forums that have helped me break past plateaus, adjust my diet for cutting and bulking, and explore new methods of training. Do as much research as you can, and never stop.

My best piece of advice for you: pay very close attention to your diet. Read the stickies in the diet & nutrition section and ask questions. Diet is extremely important no matter what your goals are. Good luck.

i love body builders, they're so helpful :)
you can use mederma/vitamin E oil or lotion/Q10 moisturizer or use the creams that women use on their stomachs when they're pregnant they all take the red out of stretch marks (or just wait because you're young and your body will fix that naturally) and then if you get a little tan it'll hide the scars. this is what you learn in prenatal classes

I tape my wrists, Just 3 to 4 turns of good old athletic tape. And I had some pretty bad wrists. I had Prolo Therapy on them and it was just a PAIN, but Tape is where its out.....Build your grip strength slowly but do it!
Hell I tape my wrists now for all kinds of labor, Its cheap easy and it really works for me

Back