IronMagLabs

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Creatine & Whey (post workout)

Rep Points

Creatine & Whey (post workout)

Hi, I've just recieved delivery of my Creatine and Whey.

I've used both these products before but I'm doing things slightly differently this time, and I appreciate some advice.

Rather than purchasing a Creatamax 8000GL (I was using previously) that mixes up as a drink in its own right I have just gone for CreataMax 300 which I assume I can just spoon into my Whey shake (Promax) after my workout. Does this sound ok, it's just that I've heard some people saying that it's better to have your Creatine directly after the workout, and wait 30 mins before having your Whey shake.

Thanks! Any help would be really appreciated.

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Either will work. I have the carbs and creatine (with glutamine) immediately after my workout. Then 30 min. later I have they whey. But this is so the L-glutamine will be absorbed. There is no problem having the carbs, protein, and creatine at once immediately after your workout. In fact, it is probably optimal.

Rep Points

Great, thanks for your help. What form do you have your post workout Carbs in?

I am Canadian

Rep Points

Post workout is the best time to take your creatine. I like to add mine to my recovery drink. I add 10g creatine, 50g of whey protein isolate and 50g of a high glycemic carb (dextrose) in a 20 oz shaker cup with some water. Shake vigorously and drink it down.

On none training days I will have one of my recovery drinks immediately after waking up.

Creatine will do absolutely nothing is you do not remain hydrated. Drink lots of water!!

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Dextrose is pure glucose and has a high glycemic index, making it a perfect choice. Maltodextrin is also good, but not as fast-acting. Madden Player's recipe is great. If you are bulking, I would double up on the carbs. I have 140+ grams of carbs post-workout. I would also cycle the creatine. Actually, I do!