• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Fat Bastard!!!!!

fantasma62

HIHT
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
My Quest To Live....A journal for life..

I want to introduce myself to the forum as a fat guy, and I plan on doing that by starting my own journal. I consider that this is the only way that I can get myself back into pre-marriage/pre-baby shape, by telling someone about it...
I'll write more in later as I leave work and the kids let me....Now back to work...

Last edited:
My real introduction...

Hi all,

Earlier today I introduced myself as a fat bastard. I have since edited that. Of course, I did that to maybe entice a smile from someone and to explain that I am never serious and always having loads of fun. It is true I am a fat bastard, I am not in denial...
I know that most people don't say their name, but I am Tony,I am 35 years old and weigh 257 pounds. According to one of the calculators I have 17% body fat. According to the other, I have 78% body fat. I am 5'8 1/2" going on 6'. I feel comfortable enough with you guys to talk to you. I have been reading during my breaks today and it feels here like a small family, so I hope to become part of this big family
Anyway, I must continue. The 257 pounds are a far cry from my weight in 1994, three years before I got married. I was weighing 203 pounds with about 7% body fat. I was working out and playing basketball frequently and was in very good shape.
Then whether it was the stress of getting married, looking for a place, etc., but I ballooned to 255 pounds, and the truth is, I don't even know or care about what my body fat was then. I maintained my fatness for almost 4 years until my wife got pregnant. Then everything went to hell in a handbasket. I was 4 semesters away from my Bachelors degree and was selling the townhouse to buy a house so that my wife wouldn't have to be running up and down the stairs 7-9 months pregnant. Needless to say, I sold the townhouse and moved to a one story home. I was eating like she was and after my daughter was born in September 2001 I was weighing 305 pounds and probably 400% body fat. That was the highest, yet lowest point of my life. My daughter was born, but I was morbidly obese (I think). My pant size went up to 40 when I had never been more than a 36 in my life.
In January of 2002, I decided that I wanted to live to see my daughter grow up so the first thing I did was stop drinking soda, and I haven't touched one ever since. The second thing I did was to start exercising (racketball, basketball, inline skating) and was able to bring my weight down to about 284 pounds, but of course I wasn't satisfied. I entered Weight Watchers and then it all kicked in. I went all the way down to 240 pounds in about 6 months. I maintained it, but then, we got pregnant again. Mind you, my wife is thin and beautiful, all the weight she gained on both pregnancies is gone. Currently she does spinning. Although I traid, I gained about 18 pounds. My son was born on January of 2004. Now I am at a crossroads....

2 b continued for the sake of not making this too long and tedious (it's bad for the eyes, I guess...)

Last edited:
My real introduction...(continued)

continuing.....

My pros: I can eat almost anything, I don't have a major craving for sweets and once motivated I am a workout machine.
The cons: I did say I can eat almost anything right? Well, I hate, dispise, abhorr (I hope a spelled them right) vegetables. The same with most chicken, other than grilled chicken breast. The only vegetables that I eat are lettuce, watercress, peppers, that's it. I gag, literally, when I eat other vegetables. In fact, last year I gagged in the middle of a restaurant in front of 8 people. Not funny for a 35 year old. I do however eat all fruits and fish....
What is my goal, my plan? My answer is simple. My plan is to live. I don't want to be a victim of a heart attack or diabetes. I want to see my children grow up. I want to grow old next to my wife. I WANT TO LIVE TO SEE 40.
The only thing that I can be thankful for is that my blood pressure has never veered 120/80 and I never really did look 305 pounds. Noone could believe it when I told them. I mask it well (which isn't exactly a good thing).
My fitness goal is to get to around 220 pounds and 5-7% body fat. I want to add more muscle than I had back then and make the fat go away. I know that chances are that I will have hanging skin, but that's something that I have to live with. No biggie.
I have dropped below 200 pounds at some point, but the last time I did that, once I hit 190, I looked emaciated. I went down all the way to 170 pounds and looked ridiculous. I lost all my muscle and was on my way to becoming a Yo-Yo dieter for a while.
Now that you know me, I can only say that I am going to try my best to achieve my goal. I can use all the encouragement that I can get. I work hard and have two kids, so working out has become secondary for me. That's until today. I am beginning to set up a workout schedule that will fit my "life schedule". I am going to continue with Weight Watches because it's worked for me before.
To all who read my intro, dont worry, I am not going to ask you to build me a meal plan, or to have you explain to me how to make my biceps bigger, or my shoulders more defined. I have worked out with weights, I have dieted before, I know what I need to do. However, I don't know everything and whatever I can't get out of reading, I hope you guys will assist me by answering stupid questions and, of course, to keep me motivated.
Thanks for reading....

My old routine..

Back in the day, when I trained regularly (I was a shot putter and discus thrower back in High School), I had a routine down.
I would train my whole body on Mo-We-Fri. I would practice every day, but I would do extra cardio on Tu-Thur. I would rest on weekends.
Later, as I have been reading, I have learned that maybe I wasn't doing it right. It was working, but maybe, in hindsight, if I had done it differently, there may have been different results.
Either way, my training routine is going to be a mixed one.
I plan on working my muscle groups as follows:

Monday - Chest
Tuesday - Shoulders and Back
Wednesday - rest, cardio exercises
Thursday - Legs
Friday - Arms
Saturday and Sunday - Cardio

I have not yet chosen my exercises, but this is where it's going to be funky.
I am planning on training every "weights" day on a quick, low rest, low weights, high reps. The only day where I plan to work a little heavier is Friday, when I work with my arms. My arms for some reason have reduced in size and my stomach has grown. I was pretty proud of my arms back in the day, now, not so proud...

At the moment I am drinking a multivitamin complex and glucosamine to help me repair my torn left knee cartilage and partially torn rotator cuff in right shoulder (old football and softball injuries). I have read and have been told that if I want to recover faster, I could drink Glutamine. I could definitely use some imput in this respect. I am not as young as I used to be and I know that my body won't recover fast enough.
I'll let ya'll know what exactly will be the exercises that I will use....

By the way, they say that there is no bigger therapy than righting everything down. This may sound corny but this is really helping me get in the right mind frame.....Anybody has any 80's metal?:rocker:

Last edited:
My legs

I forgot to mention that my legs are very strong. I played soccer for many years before I lifted weights. I normally didn't work out my legs much, but I out of the blues, when I was working out, did a vertical leg press and pressed 645 pounds. I figure, I have been so fat that my legs have been getting a workout by having me on top of them:eek:

What has become of me:cry: , I played football, baseball, basketball, soccer, swimming, water polo, boxing, track and field and lately softball (yeah I know, the only sport where a 300 pound first baseman can get away with it)....Now I play most of those.....in the playstation...

Let's get back on the horse....:lifter:

Softball!!!!

Welcome!!

Yup....

Oh and by the way, also a Dolphins fan.....(Why Ricky, WHY!!!!:cry: )

After loads of work and tons of reading, I have come to finally decide on my training routine. Any ideas or criticisms to this routine, please let me know. I am pretty open. I am not a newbie, but I am a "born again lifter", so I have come in with some knowledge. However, I wasn't born knowing, so please criticize.

Monday:
Chest: 4 sets of 15 reps
1 Fly
2 Inclined dumbbell press
3 Open Grip Bench press
4 Flat dumbbell press

Tuesday:
Legs: 4 sets of 15 reps
1 Leg curls
2 Leg Extensions
3 Standing calf raises
4 Vertical Leg press.
(Regarding legs, I was going to add the squats, but I am afraid of hurting my knee more than it is. I have a torn cartilage in my knee and haven't squatted since 1989. If ya'll believe that there is no danger to the knee cartilage when squatting I'll give it a go).

Wednesday:
Cardio

Thursday:
Shoulders and back: 4 sets of 15 reps
1 Pulldowns
2 Seated military press
3 Cuban rotations
4 Dead lift
(Regarding the Cuban Rotation, anything that will help my rotator cuff heal some, I will use in my session).

Friday:
Arms
1 Barbell Curls
2 Close grip bench press
3 Dumbbell curls
4 Tricep push downs
5 Preacher curl

This is where I will work heavy. For the rest of the week, I am working on losing fat and gaining muscle, thus, I will have 30-45 second rest between exercises. However on friday, I will work on size. My arms are somewhat embarrasing to me so I need to give them their old size. I will rest for 3 minutes between exercises.
I haven't yet decided what type of training style I am going to use. I want to start on Monday with this "workout"
If ya'll think that this type of a workout (mixing fat loss with mass gain is not a good idea, please let me know...)
I'll go find out what is the best routine for quick muscle development (for my arms).
Anyone that also can come up with an idea on what to drink for recovering I will appreciate some imput. I don't recuperate as fast as I used to and I don't want to start missing days because I simply can stretch out my arms. Whenever I trained I would suffer tremendously for a couple to three days. My arms would be bent at the elbows in a 120 degree angle (+/-). I don't think that my body will react the same way that it used to back then, so I am hoping that something that I drink may help me. I have nerver drank any sort of supplement before, but now I am drinking glucosamine and was recommended to drink Glutamine for recovery....Any imput?

Later all.....

By the way, I get bored pretty fast, so I think that after a month, I will add some exercises and take out some so that I can add variety to my sessions. Is this a good idea or should I keep it steady for a longer period of time. Or maybe I should change things around more often.....
Any imput will be greatly appreciated....

IML Gear Cream!
How could I forget my abs? So let's see, I work out, build muscle and hang out with my big arms, chest and spare tire?

My idea is to do at least two ab exercises daily and on my cardio days, do three....
Just a thought....
I am still working on my arms routine, there are so many contradicting opinions, but I'll find the one that suits me best

I have got it, I use to do a routine in which I would do a first set with a lighter weight and high reps, my second set would increase the weight and I would shave the reps by half, my third set, I would do the same, until I was left with one rep to do. That helped me immensely back in the day, hopefully it'll do the same...

fantasma62 said:
Monday:
Chest: 4 sets of 15 reps
1 Fly
2 Inclined dumbbell press
3 Open Grip Bench press
4 Flat dumbbell press

I would change things around.
1. Bench Press
2. Incline DB Press
3. Fly
4. Flat DB Press

This way you have the energy for benching.

Tuesday:
Legs: 4 sets of 15 reps
1 Leg curls
2 Leg Extensions
3 Standing calf raises
4 Vertical Leg press.
(Regarding legs, I was going to add the squats, but I am afraid of hurting my knee more than it is. I have a torn cartilage in my knee and haven't squatted since 1989. If ya'll believe that there is no danger to the knee cartilage when squatting I'll give it a go).

If you afraid of your knee then I wouldn't leg press. Squatting is less taxing on the knee IMO. You need another hamstring exercise like SLDL. Everybody always leavs the poor hams out.

Wednesday:
Cardio

Thursday:
Shoulders and back: 4 sets of 15 reps
1 Pulldowns
2 Seated military press
3 Cuban rotations
4 Dead lift
(Regarding the Cuban Rotation, anything that will help my rotator cuff heal some, I will use in my session).

Change things around here and add another back and shoulder exercise in.
1. Deadlift
2. PullDowns
3. I'd suggest adding a Row movement here
4. Military Press
5. A lateral raise or upright row might be good here
6. Rotations

Friday:
Arms
1 Barbell Curls
2 Close grip bench press
3 Dumbbell curls
4 Tricep push downs
5 Preacher curl

Unless these are supersets I wouldn't alternate bi's and tri's.
Good luck with your diet but if you want to put on muscle you may want to reconsider using weight watchers ;) I made suggestions in bold if you are interested.

Last edited:
Hi Jodi,

Thank you very much for your pointers. I always say that all the reading and researching in the world will not give you all the answers.
I have read your work and you definitely seem to know what you are talking about, so I will make the changes...
Regarding my nutrition, I have been reading how good the Weight Watchers diet is, but at the same time, I have not see ONE muscular WW dieter out there. All are thin and healthy, but not at the level that i want to be in. I don't want to be thin, at least not the way they paint it there. I want to go back to my old body (of course, that was 10 years ago and I don't think I can go back to that body).
I have been reading mostly about what would be my best training routine, but I have left off the nutrition. I guess I will try to see how I can work a good nutrition into my "crappy" eating habits...
Oh bother, bother..... (isn't it sad that I quote Pooh? I'll blame my daughter...)

Good luck! Since you said you get bored easily, may I suggest using GoPro's Power/RepRange/Shock program. Although, since you are just getting back into lifting you should leave out the Shock for a while. It's a awesome program that mixes things up and keeps your muscles guessing. Randy is the P/RR/S thread master... check it out. :thumb: :thumb:

I had read his approach and thought that it maybe was for someone more advanced. In reality, it scared me at first....

Ok, so I am chicken....
I did think about going thru my routine first to get my body used to it again and then go with the P/RR/S program.

Thanks a bunch Sapphire

I do wonder though, if P/RR/S will work out for someone trying to lose weight (A BUNCH OF IT...)

I think most weight programs are designed to tone/increase muscle and that will only help. I believe that diet is the biggest part of the losing weight game. Stick to that with consistency in the gym and you'll reach your goals.

I plan to, thanks for your comments

Hey Sapphire, I went back and checked P/RR/S by Gopro and let me tell you, it is really interesting for an ADD (at least I believe I have it) person.
I will carefully have a look see and read more into it...Thanks for the info...

Jodi, I guess I will give squats a go and see how my knee behaves.....Thanks....

IML Gear Cream!
Good :)

And think about that diet while your at it.

I feel its too much ri between sets for each muscle group.

really? I love doing it that way actually. I find that if I do it that way I can lift more wieght, instead of using all my energy to train my bis and then trying to train my tri's. to each his own.

I like supersetting bi's & tri's the best. :shrug:

lol, I like not doing direct arm work the best. To boring. I do very little direct arm work now.

Jodi said:
Good :)

And think about that diet while your at it.
You're too late, I was reading your links (Guide to cutting...etc)

Thanks JerseyDevil, I assure you, it is going to be very interesting....:thumb:

fantasma62 said:
Hey Sapphire, I went back and checked P/RR/S by Gopro and let me tell you, it is really interesting for an ADD (at least I believe I have it) person.
I will carefully have a look see and read more into it...Thanks for the info...

Jodi, I guess I will give squats a go and see how my knee behaves.....Thanks....
Let me tell you... it may seem like the workouts are short, BUT BELIEVE ME you are gonna be sore!!! I did shock legs today and I actually cried. :cry: :laugh: Definitely think about it... it works!!!!

DIET is CRUCIAL to the weight loss though!! I know you know that..... :)

Back