• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Best Split

zubairkhan14

I AM AN IDIOT!
Banned Member
Reaction score
hanging out with all of the other dumbasses.
IML Gear Cream!
Hey guys,

I'm kinda new to weight lifting... I've been in a strength and conditioning class for one year and that is the first time i worked out. So i know the basics and all that good stuff but i'm very weak. I can only bench 150 right now. I started working out everyday but I don't have a good split. I just do whatever i haven't done that weak and the muscle i will be training is also effected by whether or not i'm still sore from that muscle. Can you please help me with a split for a weak that will work all or most of the muscles.

Thanks a lot

are you training for any specific sport or just to get stronger and build bigger muscles ?

stronger

Just to get stronger and lose some weight. I am 190 pounds 5 foot 9.5 inches...(ya i'm fat)... I'm pretty weak. ESPECIALLY MY LEGS. I never workout on them. I don't the right form for squatting. I have a hard time keeping the right form for 95 pounds on squat LOL. Please help me out and if anyone can help me get my squat form right it would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot guys

ok...what kind of equipment do you have access too ? do you go to a gym ?

zubairkhan14 said:
I started working out everyday but I don't have a good split.
If you are just starting out, you don't want to workout everyday.This is wrong right from the get go.

By the way, right now i'm doing like:

monday: chest
tuesday: legs
wednesday: shoulders
thursday: biceps and back
friday: triceps
saturday: cardio/abs or maybe biceps and back again
sunday: rest or cardio/abs

The problem with this is that i hit triceps very hard and i'm sore till tuesday for my triceps. Like touch the muscle kinda sore. So it's hard for me to do chest on monday and i end up doing it on tuesday and my split gets messed up and stuff. Can you guys tell me a good split please.

You dedicate a whole day to triceps??? I insist on doing chest and arms relatively close together otherwise I experience the same issues. I am switching to a style right now where triceps are done on the same day, which is not uncommon. For me 6-8 sets of triceps is about the most I will ever do, and 5-6 sets for chest (heavy pressing).

If the way your routine is ordered is a problem, then change it.

1) Back
2) Chest (or Chest then Back)
3)OFF
4) Delts/Arms/Neck
5) Legs
6/7) OFF

That was basically how I have been doing it. I have been doing chest on day one more lately, because pressing does require some of the lats. I throw in abs one or two days a week when I feel like it.

About the only thing set in stone is legs come LAST for me.

IML Gear Cream!
this is my split:

Day 1: Chest & Biceps
Day 2: Quads & Hamstrings
Day 3: Calves, Abs and HIIT cardio
Day 4: Shoulders & Triceps
Day 5: Back & Traps
Day 6: Calves, Abs and HIIT cardio
Day 7: Off or repeat cycle

Legs & Back I'll do from 15-20 sets
Chest, maybe 12 working sets
Shoulders, maybe 10-12 working sets
Triceps, 12 working sets
Biceps, 9 working sets
Traps, 9 working sets

Arny's book. I am also a uber roid freak! PHEAR MEH.

LAM said:
this is my split:

Day 1: Chest & Biceps
Day 2: Quads & Hamstrings
Day 3: Calves, Abs and HIIT cardio
Day 4: Shoulders & Triceps
Day 5: Back & Traps
Day 6: Calves, Abs and HIIT cardio
Day 7: Off or repeat cycle

Legs & Back I'll do from 15-20 sets
Chest, maybe 12 working sets
Shoulders, maybe 10-12 working sets
Triceps, 12 working sets
Biceps, 9 working sets
Traps, 9 working sets
damn that is a load of work there LAM
For me, when weight training i start suckin major a$$ if i try to go three days in a row so my current split is
day 1: legs/calves
day 2:shoulders/ 1 bicep/tri
day 3: off
day 4: chest/bicep
day 5: off
day 6: back/tri's
day 7: off

i work in cardio, abs, and calves whenever i see fit to doin them

I am pretty much with LAM's work out:
1) chest, bis
2) legs
3) off
4) delts, tris
5) back
6) off
7) repeat

I get my legs done earlier in the week...'cause I hate doing them! Plus, in winter, If I do them early on in the week, they won't be too tired for when I go snow borading..
:)

Mudge said:
You dedicate a whole day to triceps??? I insist on doing chest and arms relatively close together otherwise I experience the same issues. I am switching to a style right now where triceps are done on the same day, which is not uncommon. For me 6-8 sets of triceps is about the most I will ever do, and 5-6 sets for chest (heavy pressing).

If the way your routine is ordered is a problem, then change it.

1) Back
2) Chest (or Chest then Back)
3)OFF
4) Delts/Arms/Neck
5) Legs
6/7) OFF

That was basically how I have been doing it. I have been doing chest on day one more lately, because pressing does require some of the lats. I throw in abs one or two days a week when I feel like it.

About the only thing set in stone is legs come LAST for me.

my routine is exactly the same as this (with chest then back), its a very good routine for puttin on mass which is what i use it for, only problem i have with it is that workout 4 takes around 1+1/2 hours to do, apart from that it ownz

peace

zubairkhan14 said:
Aren't your triceps sore for chest? My triceps are sore for like 3-4 days
from the splits we've posted, we've got a couple days in between to rest them.

aztecwolf said:
damn that is a load of work there LAM
For me, when weight training i start suckin major a$$ if i try to go three days in a row so my current split is
day 1: legs/calves
day 2:shoulders/ 1 bicep/tri
day 3: off
day 4: chest/bicep
day 5: off
day 6: back/tri's
day 7: off

i work in cardio, abs, and calves whenever i see fit to doin them

I don't consider training calves and abs as weight training days as they are such small body parts and take almost no time to complete. which means minimal use of ATP stores and CNS stimulation...

My current split (and number of sets)
Chest/Tris (16/6-8)
Back/Bis (same)
Quads/Calves (12-16/8)
Off
Shoulders/Traps (12/6-8)
Hams/Fores (12-16/6-8)
Off (if I am feeling good, I start cycle again and rest on the next day)

Saturday Fever said:
I think there is no split finer than a simple Upper/Lower split, 4 days a week.

I agree. I am a fan of that or total body workouts 3 times per week.

Back