• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Some cutting macros help

ilmartelo

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Im trying to cut and its been almost impossible to get these last 5 lbs off. im down to a little under 10% body fat (from 15% in may) on a 5'6'' 145 lb body. i have been using a 1800-2000 calorie per day diet with 40% protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat. i just cant get these last 5 lbs off to get those 6 pack abs.

im looking to go something like 50% protein, 30 carb, 20 fat; 1400-1500 calories a day. i dont want loose lean muscle though. is 150-200 grams of protein a day enough to keep my muscle while lifting 4x a week with split sets (plus abs every workout), cardio, and boxing and pilates classes once a week each?

my biggest problem is that law school starts soon and it will be hard to keep a strict diet. i will still cook my 3 lbs chicken breast every sunday to have during the week, but my time schedules will be hard to keep and i plan to use protein bars and shakes to supplement my diet to keep my protein high.

im just looking for some feedback. i cannot post a sample diet cause it changes constantly with what my parents buy at the store. the only constants are lots of chicken and turkey breast, carrots and green beans every day as snacks, a protein bar (32 g) in the morning and a shake (43 g) post-workout.

thanks for the help.

get rid of the protein bar for one if you are serious about getting lower bodyfat.. although IMHO I feel that you dont need to loose more, although I do not see pictures... what is your reason for wanting to be so lean? If you are having such difficulty at this point getting that lean, does it not make you wonder how much more difficult it will be to maintain at that % ? Just a thought.

have you done any days with higher carbs and calories? sounds as though your body may need a shock.

i am totally psycho about getting a six pak cause ive never had one. i was pudgy growing up, then triple lettered in high school and was in shape for a while. in college i put on about 50 lbs and it took me a year and a half to get it off. i got down from 36% body fat to 10% so far. i started lifting about 4 months ago and have gotten great results so far. my current measurements are:

neck- 14.17 inches
bicep- 13.5
forearms- 10.5
chest- 38.13
waist- 31.25 where my pants sit, 30.5 around my belly button (which one should i use for the measurement, by the way??)
hips- 35.75
thigh- 21.0
calf- 13.38

(BTW, if you could give me some comments on my measurements too, id appreciate it. is there anything i should work on especially or is anything disproportionate? i really have no reference to go by, most people here who post their sizes are so much bigger than me i really dont know where i stand.)

unfortunately, i really cant see the gains. i know its some kind of psychological hang up (adonis complex probably), but i really dont see any difference from fat Sal to new Sal when I look in the mirror. I get alot of compliments and see on the tape that im making improvements, but i just dont recognize the changes with my own eyes. the 6 pak is my goal cause it is really hard to get and it keeps me striving harder and harder. i knew it wouldnt be easy and that it will be hard to keep, but thats what keeps me advancing.

i thought that the protein bar was good for the begining of the day? i started taking it because it gives me280 calories, 32g protein 24 carb 9 fat at 7 am. i figured that was a good ratio for my first meal. im usually on the way to law school or work and dont have time for a proper cooked meal like eggs or oat meal. any suggestions on a quick fix i could use in the morning instead of the protein bar?

about once a week i have a splurge day and usually have a higher carb ratio. i usually dont go crazy though, maybe 10% increase on average. carb cycling is so hard for me cause im always on the run and at the mercy of my parents who buy the food (dirt poor student at ur service). i request certain things, but they are usually quick things like and carb smart food cause i dont have time to cook.

thanks for your help and my appologies about writing this novel as a responce.

Sal

The bars really are not so hot; they're loaded with sugar alcohols, most of them. I don't know about you, but sugar alcohols are complete anathema to me in any fat-loss efforts.

Things you could have in the morning:
-protein shake, with your serving of old-fashioned oatflakes (raw) blended right in
-the classic oatmeal, egg white and (optional) cottage cheese pancake -- these guys keep several days, and aren't that bad cold (Take appropriate serving of oats, and your g of protein, either all egg or split between the egg and cott cheese, and blend. Add optional dash of Splenda, and even more optional extra flavouring like vanilla or cinnamon, and cook in an 8 or 9" nonstick pan. Flip it in a plate or pot lid, cook the other side, and there it is. You can roll them up and pack them in Ziploks in the fridge for later.)
-whatever you're having for your other meals -- there is no rule that says breakfast is about eggs and oats

Your measurements say "lean and slim" to me, but there's nothing wrong with that. It isn't all about bulk, especially since you just started lifting. Congratulations on your progress.

Incidentally, about the sixpack, you may not have one (yet, or genetically, one or the other). My tale is similar to yours, and I found that even when I cut right down, there was no six-pack to be found. I had smooth abs. Since then, I've been working heavier, with weighted exercises, but I've also put on fat; I think I see an ab or two but can't be sure. But some people simply don't have the structure for those deeply grooved abs, no matter what they do.

ilmartelo said:
Im trying to cut and its been almost impossible to get these last 5 lbs off. im down to a little under 10% body fat (from 15% in may) on a 5'6'' 145 lb body. i have been using a 1800-2000 calorie per day diet with 40% protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat. i just cant get these last 5 lbs off to get those 6 pack abs.

im looking to go something like 50% protein, 30 carb, 20 fat; 1400-1500 calories a day. i dont want loose lean muscle though. is 150-200 grams of protein a day enough to keep my muscle while lifting 4x a week with split sets (plus abs every workout), cardio, and boxing and pilates classes once a week each?

my biggest problem is that law school starts soon and it will be hard to keep a strict diet. i will still cook my 3 lbs chicken breast every sunday to have during the week, but my time schedules will be hard to keep and i plan to use protein bars and shakes to supplement my diet to keep my protein high.

im just looking for some feedback. i cannot post a sample diet cause it changes constantly with what my parents buy at the store. the only constants are lots of chicken and turkey breast, carrots and green beans every day as snacks, a protein bar (32 g) in the morning and a shake (43 g) post-workout.

thanks for the help.

OMG, we sound about the same. I know how it is. I'm about 5'5 1/2" - 5'6", 140 lbs. I'm between 10% and 11% bodyfat. It's very difficult to lose that last 5 pounds or so. My body seems to not go under 10% or so. I guess we're in the same boat. Another problem for me is I don't tan really. If I were as dark as some of the people I've seen on this site, I'd probably look more defined and a little larger. I've also been on about a 1,800 - 2,000 cal. diet.

do u really think tanning makes a difference? i tan really well but dont do it that often in the sun and have never fake and baked. like most other things in my life, no time.

i have started lifting heavier (80-90% of 1 rep max) and have found my n eeded recovery time has increaseed. whereas i used to be able to go 2 or 3 days in a row before a break, i now NEED that day off inbetween. the burn is amazing, but i feel like im slacking by going to the gym 3-4 times a week instead of 5-6.

trhawt, have you found any supplements that work with your frame? i find that most of the things ive taken hasnt given me the gains i was looking for, as they are designed for bigger people.

Back