NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Trying to get back into shape

Rep Points

Question Trying to get back into shape

Hello, I am new to IronMagazine, and I would like to know where I can find information on workout routines and meals. I am the biggest I have ever been at and I want to do something about it. I will be hitting the gym in about 1hr to get started. At this time I want to loose my gut and tighten everything else up. When that is complete I want to get ripped, but not to big. Any help would be greatly appreciative.
    Thanks,
    Felonyfetcher

If you break the law, I will come.

I am Canadian

Rep Points

Arnold Schwarzenegger's "The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding" IMO is required reading for any begining bodybuilder. It will give you all the information you need on routines and diet. You can get this book at any online bookstore.

Rep Points

I cant give you any advice better then the people here. The one thing I can add is to be patient and get into it for the long haul. Most people who fail do so because they dont see quick results. Slow and steady wins the race, think of it as a lifestyle change. That 1 to 2 hours a day, 5 to 7 times a week, is as natural and important as eating or sleeping.

I wouldnt be concerned about "getting to big". You can never have enough muscle. To look like a serious BB takes years and years of incredible discipline and effort, and for a lot of them the needle. My personal opinion is BBs look terrific. I think the woman are awesome, as long as they aren't sprouting hair and have more testosterone then a man. Good luck on your quest and congratulation. Weights changed my life,indeed they saved it...........take care..............Rich
    "Death to Tyrants"!

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Rich46yo
    Slow and steady wins the race, think of it as a lifestyle change. That 1 to 2 hours a day, 5 to 7 times a week, is as natural and important as eating or sleeping.............Rich
    That is the best advice. I have been at it a year and just now am getting where I want to be. Did fall out for a few months after becoming discouraged but it really takes ime and a steady effort to get there.

IM's Anti-Drug ;)

Rep Points

Yes, there is no better advice then the above. I have been working out for about 2 years and when I started I thought I was gonna be a beast because how fast I was gaining for the first 2 months.

After that it slows, and you get discouraged, but I continued working out. 7 months later I had accumulated about a inch and a half on my arms and I felt good. Taking off BBing was hard to do, and it was very depressing.

Stick at it, and you'll be golden!

Also, make sure your diet is perfect, check the Health/Diet section on this site for info. To lose the gut you are gonna want to do Cardio atleast 20 mins a day and keep eating right. Take in less calories then your body needs (Males keep under 1800, preferably a lot under), and in a couple of months you will be good, and feeling better then you did when you were a kid.
    I don't train hard, eat right, and do the things I do for others. I do it for myself.

....did I mention the ladies too???

Rep Points

Thumbs up

Thanks a lot.... Sounds like I have to buckle down and get serious, like when I was 19 and 20. I appreciate your help.

If you break the law, I will come.