Divine Nutrition

Fact or Fiction?

Hungry for SIZE

Rep Points

Fact or Fiction?

Is it a myth that hair grows in thicker after shaving the area frequently?

Rebel without a clue
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I believe it's a myth.

Rep Points

I beleive that after frecuent shaving of an area On myself personally,when it was previously one hair per folicle it is now two or more.
    Kevin

"If you eat alot and workout hard and consistantly you will make good gains"

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

of course its true
    why do you think that when youre 14 you shave once a month and when your 40 you shave once a day...

Rebel without a clue
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Did a quick search, here's basically what comes up EVERY time:

Myth No. 4: If You Shave, the Hair Will Grow Back Thicker and Darker

False. Shaved hair is cut at the point where the hair shaft meets the surface of the skin. Waxed or tweezed hair, on the other hand, is pulled out from the root. The difference is that when shaved hair grows back, the edge seems thicker because it has a blunt edge. And because shaved hair is cut only at skin level, not underneath, it appears to grow back faster simply because it does not have to grow as much to be seen

IM's Anti-Drug ;)

Rep Points

You can go on and on about it being a myth, but I think it has some truth to it...
    I don't train hard, eat right, and do the things I do for others. I do it for myself.

....did I mention the ladies too???

Windy City
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

The reason why someone shaves once a month when they are 14 and once a day when they are 40 is because after 14 (at varying ages) a boy becomes a man.
    It's an accurate statement that our current spending will not be increasing the debt We've stopped spending money that we don't have.

-- Jack Lew, then director of the Office of Management and Budget, in Feb. 16, 2011 testimony before the Senate Budget Committee.

on my way to ISSA

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by myCATpowerlifts
    of course its true
    why do you think that when youre 14 you shave once a month and when your 40 you shave once a day...

hey, i'm only 24 sean.....and I shave 1 time a day

yes, it's true..............i am old...
    Vote Quimby!!

Rebel without a clue
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by SportinStyle
    You can go on and on about it being a myth, but I think it has some truth to it...
    LOL!

That's like saying "I know terminator3 is a movie, but I believe it really happened."

In your vast shaving experience, what leads you to believe there is some truth in it? Care to share what basis you are using to make your statement?

Um......get rooted!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sentricyphen
    Is it a myth that hair grows in thicker after shaving the area frequently?
    Look at ALBOB`s head!

Rep Points

I throught it was true to but for myself, I've proven it to be a myth.

I had to shave my whole body for my competition last year. Arms included and for a girl, I have hairy arms (its a good thing I'm a blonde) well, it didn't grow back any thicker or even darker for me. Its still blonde and no hairier than they use to be.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Fiction. When growing my hair out, people also believed that trimming 1/4" every few months helped it grow faster when really its only good for avoiding split ends.

IDIOT SAVANT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kuso
    Look at ALBOB`s head!
    No, let's not.
    Rules? You mean we have RULES for that???

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I have always thought all secondary sex characteristics were in direct relation to one's testosterone and estrogen levels.

maybe bandaidwoman can elighten us.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Dookie

Rep Points

Mudge, how do you know about split ends? You've been to cosmetology school haven't you?

Rep Points

true....when you shave for long, each hair root sprouts 2-3 hairs instead of one..... seen many girls who've been shaving their legs for 10 years, and then one day decided to come for waxing... not a pretty picture...