• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Fact or Fiction?

sentricyphen

Hungry for SIZE
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Is it a myth that hair grows in thicker after shaving the area frequently?

I believe it's a myth.

I beleive that after frecuent shaving of an area On myself personally,when it was previously one hair per folicle it is now two or more.

of course its true
why do you think that when youre 14 you shave once a month and when your 40 you shave once a day...

Did a quick search, here's basically what comes up EVERY time:

Myth No. 4: If You Shave, the Hair Will Grow Back Thicker and Darker

False. Shaved hair is cut at the point where the hair shaft meets the surface of the skin. Waxed or tweezed hair, on the other hand, is pulled out from the root. The difference is that when shaved hair grows back, the edge seems thicker because it has a blunt edge. And because shaved hair is cut only at skin level, not underneath, it appears to grow back faster simply because it does not have to grow as much to be seen

You can go on and on about it being a myth, but I think it has some truth to it...

The reason why someone shaves once a month when they are 14 and once a day when they are 40 is because after 14 (at varying ages) a boy becomes a man.

myCATpowerlifts said:
of course its true
why do you think that when youre 14 you shave once a month and when your 40 you shave once a day...

hey, i'm only 24 sean.....and I shave 1 time a day

yes, it's true..............i am old...

SportinStyle said:
You can go on and on about it being a myth, but I think it has some truth to it...

LOL! :laugh:

That's like saying "I know terminator3 is a movie, but I believe it really happened."

In your vast shaving experience, what leads you to believe there is some truth in it? Care to share what basis you are using to make your statement?

IML Gear Cream!
I throught it was true to but for myself, I've proven it to be a myth.

I had to shave my whole body for my competition last year. Arms included and for a girl, I have hairy arms (its a good thing I'm a blonde) well, it didn't grow back any thicker or even darker for me. Its still blonde and no hairier than they use to be.

Fiction. When growing my hair out, people also believed that trimming 1/4" every few months helped it grow faster :rolleyes: when really its only good for avoiding split ends.

Mudge, how do you know about split ends? You've been to cosmetology school haven't you? :finger:

true....when you shave for long, each hair root sprouts 2-3 hairs instead of one..... seen many girls who've been shaving their legs for 10 years, and then one day decided to come for waxing... not a pretty picture...

Back