Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Tony's Lifestyle Change

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast
    HIHT

Rep Points

Tony's Lifestyle Change

Well, the fact is that it is. I have decided to start a whole new journal and leave behind the old one along with my old self. I will look back on it to read and assimilate a lot of the things that have been posted to help me start.
    I would like to thank you all for helping me get started. I am not sure whether it was the kind words or the motivation of seeing how excited ya'll are to lift, or maybe the success stories (you all know who you are...), or even that punk Lankster's comments but I feel new.
    So anyway, I started my new life today, I have begun doing the unthinkable, rebuilding myself.
    Welcome all to my life, welcome to my new SELF...

Measurements:
    According to a digital caliper: 36 freaking percent body fat....
    Weight: 259
    Attitude: Very Good....
    Arms: 16 inch fat biceps
    Waist:
    Last edited by fantasma62; 08-03-2004 at 08:50 AM.
    -Tony-

HIHT: High Intensity Hybrid Training

HIHT

Rep Points

Although I already "screwed it up" (Jodi hates it when I say that), I am not worried as I will continue tweaking it until it works right. I am sure that by thursday, I will have the meal plan down perfectly....

Meal 1:

2 slices of Alvarado Street Sprouted Multigrain bread
    3 Egg whites
    1 Plum

Meal 2:

1 cup of Mango

Meal 3:

1 roasted chicken breast
    One cup of tomatoes with balsamic vinegar and olive oil
    1/4 cup of lettuce
    1/2 cup of mango

Meal 4:

1 large Peach

Meal 5:

1 grilled chicken breast
    1/4 red onion
    1 1/2 cup of organic romaine salad blend
    1 baked potato, no skin
    1/4 cup cottage cheese
    7 cherry tomatoes
    2 tablespoons vinegar
    2 tbsp safflower oil

Total calories: 1131.42

Funny right? I fell short over 2000 calories...2000 FREAKING CALORIES
    You'd think I'm all pissed off right? Nope.
    I know that tomorrow is a new day and I can say that at least today I ate healthier than I have eaten in the last 10 years. I could get away with not eating that healthy 10 years ago...not today...
    I am also waiting for my Whey protein shake to get here from Allthewhey and I'll have different numbers, you'll see.....
    Either way, I will post the results of my workout next. Don't hold your breath, actually, hold your breath because it stunk......
    Last edited by fantasma62; 08-02-2004 at 07:47 PM.
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

I got to preface by saying to ya'll that I am not upset, I am just a little disappointed about the weights and my performance all around.
    Here goes:

WIde Grip Bench Press:
    3 x 6: 95 pounds
    3 x 5: 100 pounds
    3 x 4: 115 pounds
    Wait, it gets better....

Inclined DB press:
    3 x 6: 35 pounds
    3 x 5: 40 pounds
    3 x 4: 52.5 pounds
    Wait, there's more....

Dumbbell Flyes:
    3 x 6: 30 pounds
    3 x 5: 33 pounds
    3 x 4: 37.5 pounds

Ok, now ya'll can stop laughing....stop laughing...STOP

Ok so I am making light of this, but that's the only way that I can keep my sanity. See, let me explain. When I stopped lifting, I was benching 200 pounds 12 times. Nothing to call home about, but not too aweful.
    Now, I am barely clearing 100 pounds. Believe me, I feel like screaming loudly, but that's just how it feels.
    I know ya'll are going to tell me it's the first day and I understand what you are saying trust me, I do. However, I am not used to failure and need to vent that out. When I look at what everyone else is lifting and what I lifted...aaaagh, it boils my blood...So that's where I vent...
    I am mad at myself for being out too long.
    Having said that, tomorrow will be a better day.
    By the way Sapph, I will be very sore tomorrow, thanks for the training idea. I guess in about a month, when I reach my goal of 10 pounds or more, I'll be a member of the P/RR/S club. However, for the sake of my children, my butt will stay covered until my wife wants to see it (Hopefuly in NYC next week, or before). I still don't know why she would, but oh well, its her prerogative, hell, it's a freaking car wreck...
    Thanks all for listening....
    Last edited by fantasma62; 08-03-2004 at 08:35 AM.
    -Tony-

Lookin' for abs !
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Hey some of those numbers are heavier than what i started with . You gotta start somewhere. I know how you feel in re: being out too long.

Overall looks like a good start on the new you !
    My Last Journal Before The One You're Reading Now
    Old Journals :
    My P/RR/S Journal
    My GWcaton Journal
    My Bulking Journal

Just remember, when you think you're done you've just started . DEADBOLT . 2005

HIHT

Rep Points

Thanks a bunch....I guess I'll cool off some after I sleep on it...
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Oh by the way, today I worked on my abs....
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Freaking ouch!!!

That's all I have to say today. I am sore, but good sore.
    I had a scare yesterday while I was doing the flyes. I guess I may have lifted more than I should have, even if it wasn't a lot. Anyway, as I was doing my last set of flyes, I tweaked my shoulder. I thought that I had hurt it and that I was done and over with, but a moment later, while doing abs it no longer hurt. Today it's not even sore, however this shoulder has been bothering me for a few months now and has been getting better with my glucosamine intake (at least I think).
    Either way, Sapphy, you are right, although I didn't cry, it was a really funky routine, and today I am feeling it. I am looking forward to the legs and butt today.
    Anyway, I had a good breakfast:

Meal 1:

1/2 cup oatmeal in water
    3 tablespoons of sugar free syrup
    1 plum
    1/4 cup of cottage cheese

Meal 2:

1 Peach

That's what I have so far. Tomorrow I'll be getting my ICE and Thursday my whey. I should be going to Costco today to get the Fish Oil. I was planning on going yesterday but it's been miserable here in Miami and I couldn't get out of my office during lunch with all this rain...

Anyway, OUCH!!!!!

L8tr all.....
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Hi all

I'll be completing my diet for the day today as I complete it. I will also post my workout later.
    If anyone wants to critique my meals of choice for the day, critique away, I'm all ears.
    By the way, I won't be posting my diet daily, so I won't drive myself and all of those around me nuts. I am just working on my second day and I am tweaking as I go, so please be patient with me.....

Target: 3,341 calories

Meal 1:

1/2 cup oatmeal in water
    3 tablespoons of sugar free syrup
    1 plum

Meal 2:

1 Peach

Meal 3:

1 roasted chicken breast
    2 tbsp light cottage cheese
    1 tomato in balsamic vinegar and olive oil
    3/4 baked potato

Meal 4

1/4 cup cottage cheese
    1 peach
    1/2 cup oatmeal

Meal 5

1/4 cup cottage cheese
    2 slices of Alvarado Street Sprouted Multigrain bread
    1 grilled chicken breast
    1 baked sweet potato, no skin
    10 cherry tomatoes
    2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
    1 tsp Smart Balance Omega Buttery Spread
    1 tbsp Hawaiian Marinade

Although this is not exactly what we consider a great day calorie wise (I am not even going to calculate because I know is waaaay under 3441 calories), I am still eating healthier, that's what counts. Tomorrow is another day...
    Last edited by fantasma62; 08-03-2004 at 08:04 PM.
    -Tony-

Rep Points

You should post them everyday for a while until you have everything down to a tee.

You need to try and balance your meals more. Each meals should have close to equivelant macros.

Your protein doesn't look to be that much

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

HIHT

Rep Points

I'll keep working on that.....
    I figure that once I receive my Whey protein shake I should be able to even it out.
    Sorry if this question is repetitive Jodi, but what protein shake do you really like best? O maybe what's most effective?
    Once I have my protein shakes down pat, I will be ready to rock...
    One more thing that I am worried about. A lot of people don't believe much in fruits here, I wonder if I should be consuming less fruits...
    Questions, questions, questions......

Thanks again Jodi....
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Here is my workout. Not as bad as my chest day, but not as good as I used to be.

Squats:
    6 x 135
    5 x 185
    4 x 205

Single Leg Extension:
    6 x 35
    5 x 45
    4 x 55

Leg Curl:
    6 x 70
    5 x 80
    4 x 85

Standing Calf Raises
    6 x 115
    5 x 125
    4 x 175

Stiff Legged Dead Lift:
    6 x 115
    5 x 135
    4 x 165

In the Stiff Legged Dead Lift, I may have been able to do more weight, but in this case my grip gave out at 175, so I had to back up to 165, but my legs are jelly....
    Hey Sapphire, you weren't kidding when you said that this would hurt, but this is going to be good hurt, and once my ICE gets here, I'll be able to recover quickly. My chest is buring now, a day later, and I don't even want to know how worthless I'll be tomorrow.

I don't feel as ashamed as yesterday because I was able to do the work and sweat like a maniac. This is definitely a hell of a workout.
    After these two workouts I hope that I don't get blackballed from the P/RR/S club.

Thank god tomorrow is rest/cardio day. Time to go on the bike. I was planning on doing HIIT, but I am not exactly a suicidal maniac. All in due time....

Good night all......
    Last edited by fantasma62; 08-03-2004 at 08:29 PM.
    -Tony-

Rep Points

I would say the fruit is ok in the first few meals. But id try to keep it down and for fruit choices stick to apples and strawberries and blue berries
    Kevin

"If you eat alot and workout hard and consistantly you will make good gains"

HIHT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by kvyd
    I would say the fruit is ok in the first few meals. But id try to keep it down and for fruit choices stick to apples and strawberries and blue berries
    Thanks a bunch Kevin......I bought a crap load of fruits (mostly strawberries) so I am going to have to down them, or my wife will be unhappy, and I don't want to make the wife unhappy, or there'll be no playing time.....
    -Tony-

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fantasma62
    and I don't want to make the wife unhappy, or there'll be no playing time.....

Lol of course not, but yeah just eat those in meal one or post workout and youll be fine.
    Kevin

"If you eat alot and workout hard and consistantly you will make good gains"

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by fantasma62
    I'll keep working on that.....
    I figure that once I receive my Whey protein shake I should be able to even it out.
    Sorry if this question is repetitive Jodi, but what protein shake do you really like best? O maybe what's most effective?
    Once I have my protein shakes down pat, I will be ready to rock...
    One more thing that I am worried about. A lot of people don't believe much in fruits here, I wonder if I should be consuming less fruits...
    Questions, questions, questions......

Thanks again Jodi....
    Any protein is better than no protein. I typically buy low carb whey protein which is why I really like the one from Black star labs, it doesn't have any sugar grams at all.

As far as the fruit........you would be better off sticking with 1-2 small pieces a day. Your best fruit choices are peaches, pears, nectarines, apples and any kind of berry like strawberries, blueberries etc.......

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

HIHT

Rep Points

Hi Jodi,

As usual, thanks for your answers...all of them.
    Right now even my fingers hurt, and the worse part is my daughter wants me to carry her......LOL...I have no legs or chest now.....
    But still, this is good pain. Nothing has ripped or broken, for me, that's a good day
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

I am very sore, which makes me really happy. My chest is now in pain and I know that tomorrow it will be my leg's turn. When I did chest on Monday, I didn't really feel like I had worked out at all. I wasn't happy because of the weight and because I thought I had done something wrong. Nope, not today, I feel really good about my workout.
    I had what I consider a pretty good leg workout yesterday for someone who has barely every worked out legs. I always figured that playing soccer would help me out and it did. Tomorrow my legs will be worthless but, that's life....
    Either way, this are today's meals.

Meal 1
    Cereal with Milk (organic honey cereal and skim milk)
    1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
    10 strawberries

Meal 2
    1/2 cup of oatmeal
    3 tablespoons of sugar free syrup....

Meal 3
    Well, this wasn't very good but....

1 cup Bourbon Chicken
    1/4 cup of white rice
    1 cup of spicy potatoes

Meal 4
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with 4 tablespoons of sugar free syrup
    Just found out that I ran out of cottage cheese . Must go buy more....

I'll post my full meal plan now...
    Last edited by fantasma62; 08-04-2004 at 07:11 PM.
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Well, this really sucked....I had to go out to the mall with my wife during lunch to buy a few things for the trip (See, we couldn't possibly have been done on THE WEEKEND. Nah, not her fault, we went shopping with the kids and not much could be achieved). Of course, is there anything healthy to eat at the mall? Nope. The closest I could come up with was the bourbon chicken. This is a barbecued/grilled chicken with a bourbon sauce. I then proceeded to eat a 1/4 white rice and sauteed spicy potatoes with onions. Not a very memorable lunch, but between that and a Sub, or pizza, or some honey fried chicken, I'll take this.

My mindset is such that I find this now to be objectionable...Isn't that funny? Last weekend I was downing some good ole' Cuban food and having a brunch (an evil brunch ). Seriously folks, I am not exactly thrilled and I am using my "defense mechanism" of making light of it...

It's really tough to maintain my plan, not because I want to binge or eat other things, but because sometimes I have to change everybody else's menu. If the folks at the office (my family....it's a family business that I run) want to eat pizza, they don't because they feel bad for me. If they want to eat cuban food, they'll eat from Chicken Kitchen (roasted chicken breast). I can't complain because everyone is helping out and mostly my wife who's been extremely supportive and I love her so much for that (and other things too...c'mon now). Today I felt bad for her because she was going to have to eat something at her desk at work so that we could then go to the stores and shop for the trip. Instead I told here I'd find something there to eat because it sucks to have to eat lunch at your desk. This is also a way to earn points (I'll explain later )
    See, she's thin and she eats anything she wants, but she has tailored her eating toward my habits so that I won't be tempted and because she also wants to change her habits a little. Still, once in a while she wants italian food or other "goodies...or baddies" that I can't eat but she doesn't want to tempt me...Funny thing about temptation is that I am so strongly doing this, that nothing actually tempts me, so that's a plus, but still, I feel badly.
    Sorry for my venting, but I had to tell someone and well, you were there to hear it....
    Who told you to start reading this to begin with?
    -Tony-

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Tony....don't worry so much about the weights your using. Concentrate on perfecting your form before upping the weights. Sometimes working on form can be just a killer as lifting heavy!

Sometimes we have to take baby steps before taking big leaps!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

HIHT

Rep Points

This may sound corny and ridiculous, but your before and after photo is what I looked at when I first started reading and researching here back in May-June...
    That and the helpful nature of this board and it's Mods are what kept me coming back and finally made me a member. So I appreciate your imput and look forward to your critique too....Thanks
    -Tony-

TEAM AY

Rep Points

My thoughts exactly. Tony, don't feel embarrassed about the weights you are using. We all started with low weight, except for maybe MonStar . Trust me, no one here is laughing at you, because we all know what it's like to start from scratch.

I see YOU!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Aww...thank you!

I like to eat in the off season.
    If you need anything just give us a shout!
    "When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hang on."

TEAM AY

Rep Points

Damn... I type too slow .

HIHT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyDevil
    My thoughts exactly. Tony, don't feel embarrassed about the weights you are using. We all started with low weight, except for maybe MonStar . Trust me, no one here is laughing at you, because we all know what it's like to start from scratch.
    Thanks much!!!

When you are used to doing one thing and then you get the eye opener that you are not the same person you used to be, well, it's frustrating, but I live, I learn and I read your helpful comments....
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by JLB001
    Aww...thank you!

I like to eat in the off season.
    If you need anything just give us a shout!
    Thanks again......
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Just came back from doing roughly 35 minutes of cardio on a Cybex stationary bike I say roughly because I missed a step and the bike started over again. But I did the 5 miles at 12-14 mph. My legs almost fell off and I was barely able to make it to my car...

I am not very hungry right now, although I know I have to eat....We'll see
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

Loads of mistakes made today, some my fault, some not.

I ate bourbon chicken, white rice and sauteed potatoes with onions (sauteed normally means OIL).
    Tonight I ate my famous honey dijon vinagrette. Didn't know that honey wasn't good for cutting. Thank goodness it wasn't that much.
    Speaking of honey, I bought this Honey Nut O's made at Cascadian Farms. The good news, it's organic whole grain oat cereal. The bad, it has honey. I am not sure about almonds and cutting, but I am going to imagine that's no good...
    That's what I had for breakfast. The only good thing about today was my fat free milk and sugar free syrup and maybe that's not exactly good for you.
    Today was a learning day. I just posted my last meal of my day and well, I am not happy. I may have killed the cardio that I did today.
    No, I am not fretting, tomorrow is another day, and so far I have eaten healthier this week than I have in at least a "decade", so, I found the good news in this pretty crappy day....
    -Tony-

Rep Points

Don't despair, you will learn as you go and your already making progress just by changing your lifestyle.

Almonds are great for cutting as a fat source. Just be careful though because they are very caloric dense.

HIHT

Rep Points

Meal 1
    Cereal with Milk (organic honey cereal and skim milk)
    1/4 cup Cottage Cheese
    10 strawberries

Meal 2
    1/2 cup of oatmeal
    3 tablespoons of sugar free syrup....

Meal 3
    Well, this wasn't very good but....

1 cup Bourbon Chicken
    1/4 cup of white rice
    1 cup of spicy potatoes

Meal 4
    1/2 cup of oatmeal with 4 tablespoons of sugar free syrup
    Just found out that I ran out of cottage cheese . Must go buy more....

Meal 5
    1 Salmon fillet with 2 teaspoons of Smart Balance Omega 3 Spread, 2 teaspoons of red wine and dill weed.
    8 cherry tomatoes

That's all I could muster today. I am not very hungry but I needed to eat vegetables...

Again, I didn't even come close to meeting my caloric needs, but my Whey is coming in tomorrow, I'll find some proteins to add to it and voila, a better diet....
    -Tony-

HIHT

Rep Points

During this week I learned a very valuable lesson, I need to lift according to my possibilities. Today I am in pain but thought it may be worse on monday after I lifted. See, I lifted more weight than I should have while doing the flyes and thought I had damaged my shoulder. I am sore but have no ill effects from this error. The excess weight also hurt my form when doing the flyes.

Next week in my RR sessions I will study and adjust the weights accordingly. I need to work on my form, I am a little rusty....
    -Tony-

Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast