• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Cutting w/ High Body Fat, Still "Carb Up"?

NipsMG

My ass is finally in gear
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I'm starting a cutting diet on Monday, and I've got a high body fat % (The calculator online says 17 to 33%. I've never gotten it measured, and not sure how to do it myself.

I've read that when you're in a deficit, you should "Carb up" every 5 days or so (depending on exercise, and your fatigue level/plateauing) to keep your body from going into "starvation mode" and storing everything as fat.

Is this universal? I know everyone doesn't do this, but being that my metabolism is basically non-existent is it a good idea?

stats:
M, 6'1, 225lbs, 25yrs old

--Nips

225 isnt all that high for 6'1". Itd be easier to answer your question if you could get a better bf measurement... 17-33% is a huge difference, and online calculators are really unreliable.

generally, though, the higher your bodyfat the less refeeds you need.

Monolith said:
225 isnt all that high for 6'1". Itd be easier to answer your question if you could get a better bf measurement... 17-33% is a huge difference, and online calculators are really unreliable.

generally, though, the higher your bodyfat the less refeeds you need.
I do need to get it reliably measured, however it's relatively high..
That's good to know.. I guess I'll not worry about a refeed until my body tells me I need it (which I'm guessing is progressive sluggishness and lack in gains) ..

--NipsMG

Back