• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

whey appetite suppressant?

squanto

Fitness Celebrity
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
ive experemented with whey on and off, but ive notice it suppresses my appetite! like.. so bad i cant eat anything, not the good kind of appetite suppression.
i especially notice it towards meat or other proteins. they just dont seem that appetizing. but within days of stopping whey i already have my appetite back. ive tested it at least 3 times and im sure its the whey.
has anyone ever noticed this before? any idea why its happening?

apparently some research shows that high amounts of protein does suppress your appetite they reckon thats how ppl lose weight on the atkins diet

try taking it with some flax seed powder EFAs are sposed to help dnt ask me why

Whey should be less filling than other protein sources because it is digested and absorbed quickly. Are you having other problems like gas? Do you have problems with lactose or milk products?

I notice something similar. How do you take the whey....? multiple shakes at what times? how big are they?

Protein awards the highest level of satiety of all the macro nutrients, so if you are suddenly taking in more protein than is in your usual diet, this would help explain the lack of hunger. Additionally, it takes your pancreas a few days to fully adjust to changes in the amounts of lipids, proteins, and carbohydrates in your diet, and adjust the digestive enzymes accordingly. So, a rapid increase in protein would not digest right for days. In fact, it could stay in your gastrointestinal tract for days. This would slow your appetite.

Wow Pirate, you've got some great info!

I thought I was the only person with this problem.
However, I've never noticed much of a loss of appetite when eating meat or other proteins. Possibly because they are a normal part of my diet?
I usually will have only one or two protein shakes a day. I found the best time for me to take them is right after my workout (I use a weight gainer, heavy weight 900) and before bed time. I have always had a real hard time putting on weight, and a poor appetite certainly doesn't make it any easier ;)

Luke9583 said:
Wow Pirate, you've got some great info!
Working on my B.S. in "Nutrition & Health" @ UT. Go Longhorns! :thumb:

can any one tell me how to be part of the forums, how do I replay to what you guys are talking about.

IML Gear Cream!
The upper left and lower left have a button that says post reply. Click it. You can also start a thread. I encourage you to use the search option before asking questions. You might find the answers you seek in older threads.

Back