fats and carbs, which is better

Rep Points

fats and carbs, which is better

ur body needs protein, carbs, fats, vitamins to build muscle. if u go on low-carb u deprive ur body of some bodybuilding nutrients, and same with fat. but i notice when i go on low-carb diets i dont tend to build muscle as easy, but when i go on low-fat diets i build muscle better. For instance, i went on low-carb 2 weeks ago and ran 2 miles every morning, i only lost a pound and i felt like i was getting bigger on the sides...then i gave up after realizing i only lost a pound, so i started eating carbs again and i felt slimmer and looked slimmer, i loooove IHOP...i went to IHOP like 4 days in a row and had like 3-4 different platters, all carbs of course- little fat. I started eating low-fat i realized, and i felt like i was losing weight and still gaining some muscle. If u HAD TO diet while trying to build muscle, would u choose low-carb or low-fat?? OR, would u forget it and just eat whatever. I think im planning on bulking for 4-5 months when i get to college, then cutting to lose fat.
    Down with Bush

bring it!

Rep Points

I dont go low carb OR low fat... I balance out what my body needs with moderate carbs, moderate fat and protein.

Your body NEEDS healthy fats for normal bodily functions, as well as carbs for that reason and energy.

IMO anyways.
    " To dream anything you want to dream: That is the beauty of the human mind. To do anything you want to do: That is the strength of the human will. To trust yourself to test your limits: that is the courage to succeed."

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Italian44
    ur body needs protein, carbs, fats, vitamins to build muscle. if u go on low-carb u deprive ur body of some bodybuilding nutrients, and same with fat. but i notice when i go on low-carb diets i dont tend to build muscle as easy, but when i go on low-fat diets i build muscle better. For instance, i went on low-carb 2 weeks ago and ran 2 miles every morning, i only lost a pound and i felt like i was getting bigger on the sides...then i gave up after realizing i only lost a pound, so i started eating carbs again and i felt slimmer and looked slimmer, i loooove IHOP...i went to IHOP like 4 days in a row and had like 3-4 different platters, all carbs of course- little fat. I started eating low-fat i realized, and i felt like i was losing weight and still gaining some muscle. If u HAD TO diet while trying to build muscle, would u choose low-carb or low-fat?? OR, would u forget it and just eat whatever. I think im planning on bulking for 4-5 months when i get to college, then cutting to lose fat.
    who told you ihop was low fat?

Rep Points

Low CALORIE, thats the answer

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

No, Low I-hop is the answer....4 days in a row! shit.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

4 days of IHOP? Did you eat pancakes?

Nutrition Expert

Rep Points

IHOPS ... damn lucky americans us canadians don't have IHOPS i have to make my own pancakes

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

low fat diets = low test production
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Italian44
    If u HAD TO diet while trying to build muscle, would u choose low-carb or low-fat??
    Low fat would be better for anabolism, but Lam is right: you need fat to make testosterone. You could eat low fat and add some fish oil caps, flax, and nuts to get the muscle growth and stay slim, but calories are the most important factor.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

Rep Points

Canadians dont have IHOP???? crap, im going to Canada for college in 7 days, Ill miss IHOP! thanks for warning me. lol
    Down with Bush

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by atherjen
    I dont go low carb OR low fat... I balance out what my body needs with moderate carbs, moderate fat and protein.

Your body NEEDS healthy fats for normal bodily functions, as well as carbs for that reason and energy.

IMO anyways.
    I couldn't agree more. Proper balance with the right kinds of carbs and fats (and lots to good protein) is the key.

simpsom

Rep Points

i loved i hoop when i was in Dallas, every 3 days i used to go,and weekends, nice place around Dallas, elvyjay freeway. jajjajjjajja enjoy bro..
    now i live in CostaRica.