NapsGear.net

Doubles

Thread: Doubles

jus getting started

Rep Points

Doubles

I saw in the journals that a lot of members who are looking for strength, do doubles. But they only post for example, back and chest. Do you all also do doubles for Bi's and tri's?

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Myst
    I saw in the journals that a lot of members who are looking for strength, do doubles. But they only post for example, back and chest. Do you all also do doubles for Bi's and tri's?

sometimes I do. mainly like dips or close grip bench presses I'll do doubles or barbell curls or reverse curls or hammer curl.
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Maybe this is a newbie question, but are "doubles" and supersets the same thing? Ive never heard of doubles.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Doubles or tripples means reps, not supersets.

Rep Points

Yeah, I'll do doubles on bi's and tri's, but not as often as on bench. My whole workout routine is based on bench and on increasing my max and nothing works as well as low reps for me. Usually if I do a double on curls it;s b/c I'm going for 3-4 and miss that. For me, low reps on curls are tougher on my tendons than on bench. If I do 5 sets of 1-5 reps to failure on curls I have a 50/50 chance of my forearms aching (insertion pt of biceps) for up to two weeks, it sux, but I LOVE low reps and risk it too many times. There's nothing like the feel of total concentration and not being able to even hear the stereo, the do, the wife, nothing, nothing but moving the weight, I love it!!
    "I don't like small cars or real big women, but somehow I always find myself in 'em" - KR