• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Replacing the military press

Tough Old Man

Banned Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Lots of burn and pain in shoulders. It all started when i increased the weight during military presses. So as of today military presses are out. What other good exercises could i use to replace the military press and still bulk the shoulders.

nothing can replace the overhead press.

It's definitely a great compound mass builder, but it does often cause shoulder problems, especially as you age. I know that I cannot do what I used to on military press. I still do them, Smith machine typically, and I never use a weight that I cannot get at least 8 reps with anymore.

It seems that the free flow of dumbells seems to stress my shoulders less than using a barbell. I change it up from time to time, but I can feel the difference.

dumbell laterals are probably 2nd best to hit the lateral head of the deltoid. I like to use a long TUT on them...

I dropped them not long ago after finding that many powerlifters dont do them at all, with incline pressing I feel that is covered just fine.

I do other shoulder work, raises, laterals side and rear and some rotator work, 1 set each.

God damn, one set? I cant wait till I gain enough experience where 1 set is all I need. That one set must be amazing feeling.

ME TOO! workouts would be alot quicker. :rocker:

upright rows and side laterals are great. :D
you could also try DB shoulder press.

IML Gear Cream!
i like upright rows but my shoulder always pops when i get 2 tha top so i only do them like once a week n only one set 2 failure

Back