• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

college bulk?

zenreich6005

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
hey guys, im in college, freshman, and im bulking up.

im 5'8, 156, coming off of a 5 month cut

just wondering what you guys think of my eating regimine.

meal 1
plate of eggs
cup of yogurt w. granola

meal 2
subway -wheat bread, 2 chicken breasts, southwest chipotle sauce, cheese

meal 3
pasta w/ pesto sauce and chicken (19 grams of fats, 55 carbs, 27 grams protein)

meal 4
preworkout fruit smoothie with 1 scoop whey

meal 5
postworkout fruit smoothie with 2 scoops whey

meal 6
pasta w/ pesto sauce and chicken or

whole wheat sandwhich with ham and turkey and cheddar.

please understand that i have limited options...how does this look?
im trying to bulk with a roughly 50 percent carbs, 20 percent protein, 30 percent fats...

feedback appreciated..

20% protein and your are bulking? I don't think anyone should bulk with less than 40% protein.

What are your macros?

post either macro's or amounts of food...for example you had plate of eggs, how many eggs? whites or whole eggs or a mix of both etc.

I'd have to agree with Jodi...more protein.

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies...

20% protein on a bulk is what will brink reccomends...im getting in about 1 gram/lb of body weight. During my cut i was doing a NHE type diet, so im trying to get alot more carbs in me now, shock my body a little bit..

I eat at my college cafeteria, so i cant tell y'all exactly what im getting in terms of number of eggs...its a nice plate, i'd say about 5 eggs worth. i ate eggs 2-3 times a day for about 5 months so i have a good idea..

the yogurt is a cup i'd say.

i got the nutrition facts for the pasta/ chicken dish which i eat 2wice a day usually...
its 18 grams fat, 2.8 saturated. 27 grams protein. 57 carbs.

I don't understand how you could say this is not enough food for a cut even? Maybe i didn't post an accurate enough menu...here, i'll post two days out of my journal..

9/9/04

Meal 1
Plate of eggs
Cup of yogurt, granola

Meal 2
Apple
Subway ??? Wheat, double chicken, cheese, Spicy Dijon Sauce

Meal 3
Pasta w/ Pesto and chicken
1 scoop Muscle Provider
5 grams creatine select

Meal 4 (Postworkout)
Strawberry Smoothie
1.5 scoops Muscle provider

Meal 5
Steamed Chicken w/ Brown Sauce

Meal 6
Whole Wheat Bread, All natural Peanut Butter

Meal 7
Muscle Milk w/ Skim Milk

-------
9/10/04

Meal 1
Plate of eggs
Yogurt w/ granola

Meal 2
Pesto Pasta w/ chicken

Meal 3
2 scoops Muscle Milk

Meal 4
2 scoops Muscle Milk

Meal 5
Pesto Pasta w/ chicken

Meal 6
Multi Grain Bread, Turkey, Ham, Cheddar

Meal 7
Pesto Pasta w. chicken

...thats a training day and a non-training day....

again, all feedback is GREATLY appreciated. i cant get big without you guys!

dave..

hey guys, 2 pictures of me, just so u kind of know where im at... lighting is shitty in both pics, and they are from about 4 weeks ago..but just so u get an idea..

Very good man. I am no one to talk, but I hope you don't throw all that away on drinking and doing drugs in college.

I love the idea of drinking occassionally, and thats pretty much as far as I will go, but I just hope College doesn't ruin my bodybuilding career or whatever you want to call it.

thanks sox. any comments on the diet now that i've posted up 2 days of my journal?

thanks in advance..

Your body is looking better than mine, you should be giving me advice lol
How many calories in your current diet?

His arms and chest look real good... I think he looks better than most of us here on IM..

IML Gear Cream!
I'm not one to really tear apart your diet, I'm sure mine is much worse.

I will be a freshman this year as well. This is all the good stuff your school has to offer? I think when I go to school, my diet will probably improve because there is so much to choose from that is already prepared. Not the case for you?

maybe I got the wrong impression of your first post, but it seemed like you were asking for help since you were limited at school.

where are you going?

I'm @ wash u in st. louis. Actually was #1 for food 2 years back in the princeton review hah. This is the food that fits into my diet. They also hav a grill where i can get steak, shrimp, chicken made up fresh, but it gets kind of pricy....

the pasta bowls, fresh made hot sandwiches, and subway is the way i usually go..

we also have a burrito, quesadilla station...pizza...just not bbuilder friendly stuff...

if your trying to bulk you defentitly need more protein/calories, lol I'm eating more than you and I'm 5'8 and 120 pounds and I'm still not gaining weight, if I were you I'd be following a 40/40/20 split eating about 3000 calories (you'll probabaly need to eat more than that). Try and mix up your carbs/protein and protein/fats more evenly (take the amount of carbs, protein and fat you eat in a day and divide each by 7 and you'll know how much of each you should have at each meal) like when your eating your pesto chicken try eating a can of tuna on the side to have more protein cause your eating alot of carbs, and when you have the whole wheat and natural PB throw in some chicken or more tuna cause once again your eating to many carbs without a good amount of protein. And when your eating your muscle milk try throwing in some complexed carbs like rice, whole wheat bread, oatmeal etc.

Tom B, from the looks of things - we have very different bodytypes. Your an ecto, I'm an endo/meso. And at 120 pounds I'm pretty sure you'd grow on my diet, though i know that everyone's different....

a question for anyone who knows the answer - is there any data that shows more than 1 gram protein/ lb of bodyweight is beneficial when carbohydrates and fats are relatively high?

And keeping with all of your suggestions, i am going to add 1 scoop of whey to my breakfast, and 2 scoops of micellar cassein before bed...also, i'm going to start taking zma, cla, and V12 as soon as they arrive in the mail...

dont be shy, respond!

dave

everyone keeps saying I'm an ecto but I'm not, if I ate junk food I'd be huge, I use to be oevrweight to the point where I had knee problem cause they couldn't support or at least thats what the doctor said.
Basically to keep it simple Eat X amount of calories using some sort of split (40/40/20 is good) and eat 1.5 x your weight in protein. if your still not gaining after that then keep increasing the calories by 200 or 300 every week untill you do.

hey guys. just an update.

im now 168 in the morning. fat gain is not too bad, muscle and strength is way up.
i started a doggcrapp cycle on monday, so we're gonna train this way till i get to a solid 180.

my diet right now is:

meal 1:
tons of eggs

meal 2:
pasta
2 chicken breasts

meal 3:
4 chicken breasts
2 slices multigrain bread

meal 4: (preworkout)
2 scoops protein, pasta

meal 5: post workout