very very curious now....

Rep Points

very very curious now....

I went to the doctor for a physical and asked a few questions on fat loss. HE said The body has 3 energy uses...Carbs,Fats,proteins....and the atkins philosophy is if you eliminate carbs...you would use fat .. NOw to me logically this sounds like it would work...why is this diet not good? i dont see how its something bad if you are using fat ..therefore losing fat.

Good Enough Never Is

Rep Points

Because your body has to have carbs to run. Once you start eating carbs again, your body goes crazy on storing them. Not to mention that you can't even think like a human when you don't have any carbs in your system, being as how your brain can only run on glucose.
    5'8 1/2, 225lbs

Your M1T Info Source

Dream as though you'll live forever,
    Live each day like it's you last.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Tomorrow is never promised.

Rep Points

right but you lose fat more efficiently correct? what if your goal is to lose the fat and you could care less about muscle?

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by joey2005
    I went to the doctor for a physical and asked a few questions on fat loss. HE said The body has 3 energy uses...Carbs,Fats,proteins....and the atkins philosophy is if you eliminate carbs...you would use fat .. NOw to me logically this sounds like it would work...why is this diet not good? i dont see how its something bad if you are using fat ..therefore losing fat.
    Atkins, TKD, CKD, etc. are all good diets. but they are not for long term use or for those in involved in competitive sports...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Purdue Power
    Because your body has to have carbs to run. Once you start eating carbs again, your body goes crazy on storing them. Not to mention that you can't even think like a human when you don't have any carbs in your system, being as how your brain can only run on glucose.
    Fruit cat got it right again, I canĀ“t even do anything without my carbs. Right now I am cutting but the proportion of macronutrients stays the same, still 40% of carbs for me.

Designer Supplements

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Purdue Power
    Your body can run nicely off ketones.
    Being held down by The Man

Training Trainer
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    Atkins, TKD, CKD, etc. are all good diets. but they are not for long term use or for those in involved in competitive sports...
    Does anyone know the exact failure rate of Atkins? I'm fairly sure it's quite high. I rarely meet anyone who changes their diet to low carb temporarily and keeps everything off. However, those who keep with it and reintroduce small amounts of carbs seem to do okay.
    Today I can do what others will not so that tomorrow I will do what others cannot.

The difference between winners and losers is that winners do things that losers don't want to do.

is still around...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by ponyboy
    Does anyone know the exact failure rate of Atkins? I'm fairly sure it's quite high. I rarely meet anyone who changes their diet to low carb temporarily and keeps everything off. However, those who keep with it and reintroduce small amounts of carbs seem to do okay.
    I can tell you that EVERYONE without exception that I know who has tried atkins has succeeded... and then totally failed with a vengeance.

They all lost a lot of weight super fast. But here's where they went wrong (well besides going wrong by doing Atkins to begin with): once they were happy with their new bodies, they went back to eating the stuff they'd given up, with disastrous results. A couple of them have decided to just go the tried-and-true way of cleaning up their diets and balancing their macros and stuff, but a handful have opted to take the "Atkins didnt work for me. I'm just meant to be fat..." route. Sad.

Pic is at 263-14% jan 06

Rep Points

No Carbs - You Will Feel Like Shit, And Look The Same Also. I Tried That Before. For A 200 Lb Person To Lose Weight. Eat No More Or Less Than 200 - 225 Carbs. But Higher Protein.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by NEW_IN_THE_GAME
    No Carbs - You Will Feel Like Shit, And Look The Same Also. I Tried That Before. For A 200 Lb Person To Lose Weight. Eat No More Or Less Than 200 - 225 Carbs. But Higher Protein.
    it all depends on the person...my body runs fine at 240 lbs with a carb intake of less than 100 grams a day...but I don't work and am inactive outside of the gym so my body doesn't need a lot of carbs...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.