• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Michael Moore writes open Letter to Bush(Real Talk)

tomas101

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
It Takes Real Courage to Desert Your Post and Then Attack a Wounded Vet

August 26, 2004

It Takes Real Courage to Desert Your Post and Then Attack a Wounded Vet

Dear Mr. Bush,

I know you and I have had our differences in the past, and I realize I am the one who started this whole mess about "who did what" during Vietnam when I brought up that "deserter" nonsense back in January. But I have to hand it to you on what you have uncovered about John Kerry and his record in Vietnam. Kerry has tried to pass himself off as a war hero, but thanks to you and your friends, we now know the truth.

First of all, thank you for pointing out to all of us that Mr. Kerry was never struck by a BULLET. It was only SHRAPNEL that entered his body! I did not know that! Hell, what's the big deal about a bunch of large, sharp, metal shards ripping open your flesh? That happens to all of us! In my opinion, if you want a purple heart, you'd better be hit by a bullet -- with your name on it!

Secondly, thank you for sending Bob Dole out there and letting us know that Mr. Kerry, though wounded three times, actually "never spilled blood." When you are in the debates with Kerry, turn to him and say, "Dammit, Mr. Kerry, next time you want a purple heart, you better spill some American red blood! And I don't mean a few specks like those on O.J.'s socks -- we want to see a good pint or two of blood for each medal. In fact, I would have preferred that you had bled profusely, a big geyser of blood spewing out of your neck or something!" Then throw this one at him: "Senator Kerry, over 58,000 brave Americans gave their lives in Vietnam -- but YOU didn't. You only got WOUNDED! What do you have to say for yourself???" Lay that one on him and he won't know what to do.

And thanks, also, Mr. Bush, for exposing the fact that Mr. Kerry might have actually WOUNDED HIMSELF in order to get those shiny medals. Of course he did! How could the Viet Cong have hit him -- he was on a SWIFT boat! He was going too fast to be hit by enemy fire. He tried to blow himself up three different times just so he could go home and run for president someday. It's all so easy to see, now, what he was up to.

What would we do without you, Mr. Bush? Criticize you as we might, when it comes to pointing out other men's military records, there is no one who can touch your prowess. In 2000, you let out the rumor that your opponent John McCain might be "nuts" from the 5 years he spent in a POW camp. Then, in the 2002 elections, your team compared triple-amputee Sen. Max Cleland to Osama bin Laden, and that cost him the election. And now you are having the same impact on war hero John Kerry. Since you (oops, I mean "The Swift Boat Veterans for Truth!") started running those ads, Kerry's poll numbers have dropped (with veterans, he has lost 18 points in the last few weeks).

Some people have said "Who are you, Mr. Bush, to attack these brave men considering you yourself have never seen combat -- in fact, you actively sought to avoid it." What your critics fail to understand is that even though your dad got you into a unit that would never be sent to Vietnam -- and even though you didn't show up for Guard duty for at least a year -- at least you were still IN FAVOR of the Vietnam War! Cowards like Clinton felt it was more important to be consistent (he opposed the war, thus he refused to go) than to be patriotic and two-faced.

The reason that I think you know so much about other men's war wounds is because, during your time in the Texas Air National Guard, you suffered so many of them yourself. Consider the paper cut you received on September 22, 1972, while stationed in Alabama, working on a Senate campaign for your dad's friend (when you were supposed to be on the Guard base). A campaign brochure appeared from nowhere, ambushing your right index finger, and blood trickled out onto your brand new argyle sweater.

Then there was the incident with the Crazy Glue when your fraternity brothers visited you one weekend at the base and glued your lips together while you were "passed out." Though initially considered "friendly fire," it was later ruled that you suffered severe post traumatic stress disorder from the assault and required certain medicinal attention -- which, it seems, was provided by those same fraternity brethren.

But nothing matched your heroism when, on July 2, 1969, you sustained a massive head injury when enemy combatants from another Guard unit dropped a keg of Coors on your head during a reconnaissance mission at a nearby all-girls college. Fortunately, the cool, smooth fluids that poured out of the keg were exactly what was needed to revive you.

That you never got a purple heart for any of these incidents is a shame. I can fully appreciate your anger at Senator Kerry for the three he received. I mean, Kerry was a man of privilege, he could have gotten out just like you. Instead, he thinks he's going to gain points with the American people bragging about how he was getting shot at every day in the Mekong Delta. Ha! Is that the best he can do? Hell, I hear gunfire every night outside my apartment window! If he thinks he is going to impress anyone with the fact that he volunteered to go when he could have spent the Vietnam years on the family yacht, he should think again. That only shows how stupid he was! True-blue Americans want a president who knows how to pull strings and work the system and get away with doing as little work as possible!

So, to make it up to you, I have written some new ads you can use on TV. People will soon tire of the swift boat veterans and you are going to need some fresh, punchier material. Feel free to use any of these:

ANNOUNCER: "When the bullets were flying all around him in Vietnam, what did John Kerry do? He said he leaned over the boat and 'pulled a man out of the river.' But, as we all know, men don't live in the river -- fish do. John Kerry knows how to tell a big fish tale. What he won't tell you is that when the enemy was shooting at him, he ducked. Do you want a president who will duck? Vote Bush."

ANNOUNCER: "Mr. Kerry's biggest supporter, Sen. Max Cleland, claims to have lost two legs and an arm in Vietnam. But he still has one arm! How did that happen? One word: Cowardice. When duty called, he was unwilling to give his last limb. Is that the type of selfishness you want hanging out in the White House? We think not. Vote for the man who would be willing to give America his right frontal lobe. Vote Bush."

Hope these help, Mr. Bush. And remember, when the American death toll in Iraq hits 1,000 during the Republican convention, be sure to question whether those who died really did indeed "die" -- or were they just trying to get their faces on CNN's nightly tribute to fallen heroes? The sixteen who've died so far this week were probably working hand in hand with the Kerry campaign to ruin your good time in New York. Stay consistent, sir, and always, ALWAYS question the veracity of anyone who risks his or her life for this country. It's the least that person deserves.

Yours,

Michael Moore
mmflint@aol.com
www.michaelmoore.com

P.S. George, I know you said you don't read the newspaper, but USA Today has given me credentials to the Republican convention to write a guest column each day next week (Tues.-Fri.). If you don't want to read it, you and I will be in the same building so maybe I could come by and read it to you? Lemme know...

Wow. Inane.

Then there was the incident with the Crazy Glue when your fraternity brothers visited you one weekend at the base and glued your lips together while you were "passed out." Though initially considered "friendly fire," it was later ruled that you suffered severe post traumatic stress disorder from the assault and required certain medicinal attention -- which, it seems, was provided by those same fraternity brethren.

ha ha ha, thats funny as fucc

"True-blue Americans want a president who knows how to pull strings and work the system and get away with doing as little work as possible!"

Hell yeah! Kerry was in the Navy and ended up somehow getting shot at! What kind of idiot can't weasel his way out of hazardous duty in the Navy? All the ships in the Navy and he gets stuck on the smallest boat zooming up and down rivers deep in the jungle! What a shmuck.

Moore's an annoying fuck, but then so is Bush. :shrug:

I absolutely love Michael Moore. ;)

I think they need to get past this shit and start addressing the issues.

IML Gear Cream!
Well said Spike. All we need is a continuance of non-issue bullshit. Moore needs to STFU if he can't get real.

BoneCrusher said:
Well said Spike. All we need is a continuance of non-issue bullshit. Moore needs to STFU if he can't get real.

AMEN !!!

GoalGetter said:
Michael Moore chaps my ass.
Agree. All is is trying to do is discredit Bush if he can because he knows he will win the election. BTW, the crap the pulled on Bush about his record has been proven to have been fabricated. I'll see If I can find a link.

Michael Moore needs to be tried for treason or sent to the French to help them figure out how to get out from under the America People's boycott of anything French.

OD

OceanDude said:
Michael Moore needs to be tried for treason or sent to the French to help them figure out how to get out from under the America People's boycott of anything French.

OD

Speak for yourself on the boycotting of anything French,
I'm still French Kissing women :cool:

BTW, I'm not a fan of MM but why should he be tried
for treason when all he is doing
is exercising his right to free speech...

That is the exact same principle of democracy that Pres Bush
has said that the Iraqi citizens want and the U.S. troops are defending.

Last edited:
DFINEST said:
Speak for yourself on the boycotting of anything French,
I'm still French Kissing :cool:

BTW, I'm not a fan of MM but why should he be tried
for treason when all he is doing
is exercising his right to free speech...

That is the exact same principle of democracy that Pres Bush
has said that the Iraqi citizens want and the U.S. troops are defending.

You are curiously being inconsistent here dfinest - telling me how to speak at the same time spouting off about the right to speech. I think I found another case of the liberal disease...

He should be tried for treason simply because for personal gain (e.g. special French recognition, awards and a LOT of money) he purposely chose to openly side with an enemy of ours and discredit his country and actually publish a propaganda film for the enemy and make money on it for himself. The difference between free speech and being a treasonous bastard is that he did it for personal gain and purposely tried to single handedly undermine our foreign policy rather than to work through the American political process. He is holding all of us voters hostage to his own agenda and I resent his tactics of bringing in foreign interests into our domestic process. Make no mistake about it Chirac France is as absolutely corrupt and evilly inclined as was Saddam. That weasel is despised by his own people but they have no other political choices at the moment.

We have a Democratic process and thats achieved by working through elective representatives and the political process - not working as an employee for a foreign country hell bent on squeezing us out of a chance for world peace for political gain. Thirty or Fourty years ago they would have hanged a man like MM for being the worm that he is.

OD

It's the same principle of yelling "Fire" in a crowded theatre IMO.

dg806 said:
It's the same principle of yelling "Fire" in a crowded theatre IMO.
I love doing that, so cool!!! :thumb:

OceanDude said:
You are curiously being inconsistent here dfinest - telling me how to speak at the same time spouting off about the right to speech. I think I found another case of the liberal disease...

OD

First of all, I just asked you a Question,
I never told you how to speak, learn the difference.
I think I found I've found another case for the
discriminating right who feels that anyone that doesn't agree
with them is guilty of treason.

In this country, ALL citizens of this great nation
have a right to disagree with our elected officials
IF WE CHOSE TO DO SO
and I noticed that anyone that disagree's with Pres Bush's
actions in regards to Iraq is considered a traitor of this nation.

IML Gear Cream!
AS much as I would love to, that letter was entirely too long for me to bother reading.

I am surprised that Moore has not been assasinated yet, but I guess if Bush is in charge of finding Moore and killing him we know based on how Bin Laden is still at large Bush will not be able to accomplish that.

Robert DiMaggio said:
I am surprised that Moore has not been assasinated yet, but I guess if Bush is in charge of finding Moore and killing him we know based on how Bin Laden is still at large Bush will not be able to accomplish that.
C'mon boss ... don't use the word assasinated with the name Moore. He would be murdered. He is not great enough to be assasinated. John Lenon was but not Moore.:)

Robert DiMaggio said:
:clap:

BoneCrusher said:
C'mon boss ... don't use the word assasinated with the name Moore. He would be murdered. He is not great enough to be assasinated. John Lenon was but not Moore.:)

I am fairly impressed with him, it took some serious balls to make that film, he must fear for his life.

There is no question he's putting his neck out there. Is it worth it? Do you really think his appearances/film/letter etc etc is going to make that big of a difference in the outcome of the election? Is he more than just a thorn in Bush's ass?

There are many people, some of them post here, that have been influenced by his film.

Robert DiMaggio said:
I am fairly impressed with him, it took some serious balls to make that film, he must fear for his life.
I doubt he has any fear of his life. He's simply exercising he's right to freedom of speech. As much as I think Bush is taking the country in the wrong direction, he certainly wouldn't have dissenters like Moore, Chomsky and Bill Mahr etc killed. You've been reading too many conspiracy theory books. ;)

cmason2004 said:
There is no question he's putting his neck out there. Is it worth it? Do you really think his appearances/film/letter etc etc is going to make that big of a difference in the outcome of the election? Is he more than just a thorn in Bush's ass?
The people who are watching his movie, already disagree with bush, already dislike bush and most likely have already decided they're voting against bush (notice I don't say FOR kerry, just AGAINST bush).

People who support bush already have THEIR minds made up as well.

The people on the fence, those are the ones to worry about, and quite honestly, I don't think his movie will make that BIG an impact on its own, but coupled with the rest of the bush-bashign going on, not to mention the dirty dirty campaigns (on both sides, but mostly on kerry's imho), the combination will undoubtedly help SOME people make up their minds.

I'm not very politics-minded, but this is what I've concluded from my observations.

Back