dairy and fat around the waist

Rep Points

dairy and fat around the waist

Some trainer told me that eating dairy products such as cottage cheese, milk, etc. increases fat around the waist .. especially not to use while cutting. Is this a complete certainty?

Rep Points

It depends on how cut you wanna be. I think dairy is fine for those just trying to lose a few pounds BUT.............if you want to be CUT and or you wanna compete, then ditch the dairy.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

Well dairy fat will generally create more fat on the body. Men however, are more susceptible to having that 'fat' move the the waist area, while women tend to have the fat stored in pelvis, thighs and butt areas. Also genetics and age affect fat storage.
    Damn

Rep Points

yeah well i have a very small amount of fat around my waist..but its real flabby lol ... i guess ill ditch the dairy

Tom_B

Rep Points

well wouldn't it all depend on the dairy you ate? like if you ate fat free cheese, or skim milk etc.
    Also Joey if you plan on cutting out dairy then make sure that you take some calcium cittrate, because calcium will actually help you LOSE weight around the waist line, I eat like 2500 - 3000 mg of calcium a day.

Rep Points

not just regular calcium? because i have that...you mentioned calcium cittrate...or same thing? Lol and thanks for the advice man

Tom_B

Rep Points

lol no problem
    I have no idea if there the same thing, Jodi told me she takes calcium citrate so I started taking some too

Rep Points

yeah jodi know her sheeet! shes helped me with advice alot! thanks jodi!

Rep Points

Calcium citrate is absorbed easier by the body. You only need 1.5G a day and make sure you take magnesium. That is just as important, if not more IMO, than calcium.

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Rep Points

should you buy minimized magnesium and calium citrate tablets to take with the 3 or 4 meals...or take it all in one meal ..like breakfast?

Tom_B

Rep Points

probably would be best to take them throughout the course of the day.
    I hope I'm getting enough magniesum through my soy milk and multivitamin, how mcuh should I be taking?

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

If you're worried about the carbs/sugar in milk try Hood Low Carb Milk, they have fat free and 2% available.

Gena and I both used this up until competition week.

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

IronMag Research 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Tom_B

Rep Points

lol you guys are lucky you can get that stuff, the stuff that's relitavly close that I can get is unsweetened Soy Milk, with 1 gram of sugar...although there might be some sugar acohol, I did the math and there's like 7 calories that are missing

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

dairy don't make you fat eating to much, eating bad foods, and being lazy makes you fat. I suppose that if you are training for competitions and you want to be beyond ripped you might want to cut it out like Jodi said. I mean look at my photo i go through gallons of milk and i eat cottage cheese everynight
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Rep Points

hi,

where can i get the calcium citrate and magnesium tablets.
    thanx for the help.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by arpan
    hi,

where can i get the calcium citrate and magnesium tablets.
    thanx for the help.
    drugstore

Rep Points

Jodi,
    what brand do you suggest and where to get these products? any site or particular place i cab get them from?

thanx a lot.

I'm special :)

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by aztecwolf
    dairy don't make you fat eating to much, eating bad foods, and being lazy makes you fat. I suppose that if you are training for competitions and you want to be beyond ripped you might want to cut it out like Jodi said. I mean look at my photo i go through gallons of milk and i eat cottage cheese everynight
    Milk definately did your body good
    I can do it

I WILL be a size 5.

Designer Supplements

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sabre81
    Well dairy fat will generally create more fat on the body.
    Explain. Thanks.
    Being held down by The Man

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Explain. Thanks.
    i have no idea what i was thinking when i tryped that out. ill edit that out. I think i meant to say dairy fat = more calories generally, therefore CAN produce more body fat since fat has the highest calorie content per gram of any food ingredient. So best bet is be sensible, eat them in moderation, since dairy fat is a great source of protein. ahh that sounded, much better.
    Damn

Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I am with aztecwolf. I LLOOOOOVVVEEEEEE nestles quick style chocolate milk. I love milk by itself and drink as much as a gallon a day easy and often. I am 6' with a 33" wasteline and come in at 215 lb's avg. I'm not cut like aztec is ... but nowhere near fat.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sabre81
    i have no idea what i was thinking when i tryped that out. ill edit that out. I think i meant to say dairy fat = more calories generally, therefore CAN produce more body fat since fat has the highest calorie content per gram of any food ingredient. So best bet is be sensible, eat them in moderation, since dairy fat is a great source of protein. ahh that sounded, much better.
    so what if you drink 'fat free' milk instead?

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

thats a savings of 70 calories and 8g of satrurated fat on every 8 oz glass of milk. im not arguing anything here, just stating that facts about dairy fat since the original post didnt state whether he was talking about whole, or fat free milk/dairy.
    Damn

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

I agree, I just think that milk tends to get an undeserved bad rap.

Obviously if you drink whole milk it's loaded in fat, but there are alternatives, such as low fat milk, as well as products like Hood Low Carb Milk which comes in 2% and fat free.

Sackin' up every day

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by greekblondechic
    Milk definately did your body good
    hey now, down girl, haha
    -Sack Up-

"If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by arpan
    Jodi,
    what brand do you suggest and where to get these products? any site or particular place i cab get them from?

thanx a lot.
    I prefer Natures Plus but they are pricey. I'm not sure it really matters though.

Rep Points

thanx jodi for the help.

i am trying to supplement calcium and fish oil.

what amounts should i take? i mean how many grams a day should i consume.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I drank a glass of 1% or 2% milk per day (For breakfast to mix with cereal) while I was cutting and the weight was coming off even faster than I expected. I stopped cutting because I couldn't wait to beginning gaining again, but could have easily continued further down the scale.

I think people talk down on milk too much. I believe 0-2% milk is fine as long as your aren't trying to reach compeititon bodyfat levels.

If you want to play it safe, drink skim milk in a meal consisting mostly of protein and carbs. The problem with lactose, the sugar in milk, is not that it is high GI. It is reasonably low, but it causes your insulin to raise more than most foods at the same GI level. This mixed with all the saturated fat in whole milk makes for lots of fat being shuttled to one's cells. If you eat it in a meal consisting of only protein and carbs, then there is no fat to shuttle.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

I'm special :)

Rep Points

I can do it

I WILL be a size 5.

Designer Supplements

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    If you want to play it safe, drink skim milk in a meal consisting mostly of protein and carbs. The problem with lactose, the sugar in milk, is not that it is high GI. It is reasonably low, but it causes your insulin to raise more than most foods at the same GI level. This mixed with all the saturated fat in whole milk makes for lots of fat being shuttled to one's cells. If you eat it in a meal consisting of only protein and carbs, then there is no fat to shuttle.
    Do you buy into all that no fat and carbs in the same meal idea?
    Being held down by The Man