• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

dairy and fat around the waist

joey2005

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Some trainer told me that eating dairy products such as cottage cheese, milk, etc. increases fat around the waist .. especially not to use while cutting. Is this a complete certainty?

It depends on how cut you wanna be. I think dairy is fine for those just trying to lose a few pounds BUT.............if you want to be CUT and or you wanna compete, then ditch the dairy.

Well dairy fat will generally create more fat on the body. Men however, are more susceptible to having that 'fat' move the the waist area, while women tend to have the fat stored in pelvis, thighs and butt areas. Also genetics and age affect fat storage.

yeah well i have a very small amount of fat around my waist..but its real flabby:( lol ... i guess ill ditch the dairy

well wouldn't it all depend on the dairy you ate? like if you ate fat free cheese, or skim milk etc.
Also Joey if you plan on cutting out dairy then make sure that you take some calcium cittrate, because calcium will actually help you LOSE weight around the waist line, I eat like 2500 - 3000 mg of calcium a day.

not just regular calcium? because i have that...you mentioned calcium cittrate...or same thing? Lol and thanks for the advice man

yeah jodi know her sheeet!:) shes helped me with advice alot! thanks jodi!

Calcium citrate is absorbed easier by the body. You only need 1.5G a day and make sure you take magnesium. That is just as important, if not more IMO, than calcium.

should you buy minimized magnesium and calium citrate tablets to take with the 3 or 4 meals...or take it all in one meal ..like breakfast?

IML Gear Cream!
probably would be best to take them throughout the course of the day.
I hope I'm getting enough magniesum through my soy milk and multivitamin, how mcuh should I be taking?

lol you guys are lucky you can get that stuff, the stuff that's relitavly close that I can get is unsweetened Soy Milk, with 1 gram of sugar...although there might be some sugar acohol, I did the math and there's like 7 calories that are missing

dairy don't make you fat eating to much, eating bad foods, and being lazy makes you fat. I suppose that if you are training for competitions and you want to be beyond ripped you might want to cut it out like Jodi said. I mean look at my photo i go through gallons of milk and i eat cottage cheese everynight

hi,

where can i get the calcium citrate and magnesium tablets.
thanx for the help.

Jodi,
what brand do you suggest and where to get these products? any site or particular place i cab get them from?

thanx a lot.

aztecwolf said:
dairy don't make you fat eating to much, eating bad foods, and being lazy makes you fat. I suppose that if you are training for competitions and you want to be beyond ripped you might want to cut it out like Jodi said. I mean look at my photo i go through gallons of milk and i eat cottage cheese everynight

Milk definately did your body good :thumbs: :laugh:

sabre81 said:
Well dairy fat will generally create more fat on the body.

Explain. Thanks.

The_Chicken_Daddy said:
Explain. Thanks.

i have no idea what i was thinking when i tryped that out. :laugh: ill edit that out. :D I think i meant to say dairy fat = more calories generally, therefore CAN produce more body fat since fat has the highest calorie content per gram of any food ingredient. So best bet is be sensible, eat them in moderation, since dairy fat is a great source of protein. ahh that sounded, much better. :)

IML Gear Cream!
I am with aztecwolf. I LLOOOOOVVVEEEEEE nestles quick style chocolate milk. I love milk by itself and drink as much as a gallon a day easy and often. I am 6' with a 33" wasteline and come in at 215 lb's avg. I'm not cut like aztec is ... but nowhere near fat.

sabre81 said:
i have no idea what i was thinking when i tryped that out. :laugh: ill edit that out. :D I think i meant to say dairy fat = more calories generally, therefore CAN produce more body fat since fat has the highest calorie content per gram of any food ingredient. So best bet is be sensible, eat them in moderation, since dairy fat is a great source of protein. ahh that sounded, much better. :)

so what if you drink 'fat free' milk instead?

thats a savings of 70 calories and 8g of satrurated fat on every 8 oz glass of milk. :thumb: im not arguing anything here, just stating that facts about dairy fat since the original post didnt state whether he was talking about whole, or fat free milk/dairy.

I agree, I just think that milk tends to get an undeserved bad rap.

Obviously if you drink whole milk it's loaded in fat, but there are alternatives, such as low fat milk, as well as products like Hood Low Carb Milk which comes in 2% and fat free.

greekblondechic said:
Milk definately did your body good :thumbs: :laugh:
hey now, :whip: down girl, haha

arpan said:
Jodi,
what brand do you suggest and where to get these products? any site or particular place i cab get them from?

thanx a lot.
I prefer Natures Plus but they are pricey. I'm not sure it really matters though.

thanx jodi for the help.

i am trying to supplement calcium and fish oil.

what amounts should i take? i mean how many grams a day should i consume.

I drank a glass of 1% or 2% milk per day (For breakfast to mix with cereal) while I was cutting and the weight was coming off even faster than I expected. I stopped cutting because I couldn't wait to beginning gaining again, but could have easily continued further down the scale.

I think people talk down on milk too much. I believe 0-2% milk is fine as long as your aren't trying to reach compeititon bodyfat levels.

If you want to play it safe, drink skim milk in a meal consisting mostly of protein and carbs. The problem with lactose, the sugar in milk, is not that it is high GI. It is reasonably low, but it causes your insulin to raise more than most foods at the same GI level. This mixed with all the saturated fat in whole milk makes for lots of fat being shuttled to one's cells. If you eat it in a meal consisting of only protein and carbs, then there is no fat to shuttle.

CowPimp said:
If you want to play it safe, drink skim milk in a meal consisting mostly of protein and carbs. The problem with lactose, the sugar in milk, is not that it is high GI. It is reasonably low, but it causes your insulin to raise more than most foods at the same GI level. This mixed with all the saturated fat in whole milk makes for lots of fat being shuttled to one's cells. If you eat it in a meal consisting of only protein and carbs, then there is no fat to shuttle.

Do you buy into all that no fat and carbs in the same meal idea?

Back