• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

How do you guys resist...

Someone

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How do you guys resist food cravings etc? Do you get them?

Ive been eating healthy for about 1 month now but alot of the time i really want to eat something, even though i know im not really hungry.

What do you guys do to stop yourself from having that extra bit of food and only eating what you need to eat?

Take a mental health day once a week or once a month to eat crap unless your training to compete. Rven the most dedicated need a break, and what is life without a little od something bad for you?

i do have 1 cheat day per week to get the cravings out of my system. i have learned that eating healthy makes you feel fuller and more satisfied so i dont struggle very often. its all about what you want more ... your goals or the chocloate.

When i was on a bulk, i had little or no cravings. I felt stuffed all the time. But I did have a cheat meal or two on the weekends. Now that i am on a cut, i do find myself desiring to chow down more cheat meals. But when i think that is only going to set me back and prolong my cut, i avoid giving in. Cheat meals do help. moderation is the key.

BulkMeUp said:
When i was on a bulk, i had little or no cravings. I felt stuffed all the time. But I did have a cheat meal or two on the weekends. Now that i am on a cut, i do find myself desiring to chow down more cheat meals. But when i think that is only going to set me back and prolong my cut, i avoid giving in. Cheat meals do help. moderation is the key.
Good post, great info there.

Someone said:

Ive been eating healthy for about 1 month now but alot of the time i really want to eat something, even though i know im not really hungry.

What do you guys do to stop yourself from having that extra bit of food and only eating what you need to eat?
Here are a few tips:

1) Don't keep food around the house that you shouldn't be eating. NO WAY. If you shouldn't be eating cookies, then do not buy cookies. FF or low fat cottage cheese, in single-serving cups, unsweetened apple sauce, sliced turkey breast, crystal light... i mean, if you really need to have somethign around...

2) plan all your meals, so you eat every few hours, and then you're never REALLY hungry.

3) drink a glass of water or chew some sugarless gum, if you are between meals and NEED to put somethign in your mouth

4) when you go to a restaurant, as for a take-out box or an extra empty plate and IMMEDIATELY remove excess food from your main plate. PORTION CONTROL.

5) Learn to recognize when you NEED to eat and when you WANT to eat. WHY do you want to eat? Are you hungry, or bored, or stressed?

6) ABOVE ALL: (and this works for me but you might be different) Just ask yourself when faced with food temptations/cravings: what matters more to you? how important are your fitness goals to you? how badly to you want to achieve your fitness goals? Are they worth the temporary satisfaction of eating that piece of candy, that second helping?

Some people incorporate cheat meals into their weeks. PLANNED cheats, so they don't go overboard.

And always remember, we all falter once in a while. No one is perfect 100% of the time. If you eat something you shouldn't have, just accept it, don't beat yourself up, and refocus on your goals.

Hope this helps.

great post GG!! :thumb:
When I am craving chocolate I mix chocolate protein powder with a little skim milk, it sorta makes a pudding type concoction. It is yummy and tasted like it is BAD for me but it is isn't. Mmmm I want some now.

Sapphire said:
great post GG!! :thumb:
When I am craving chocolate I mix chocolate protein powder with a little skim milk, it sorta makes a pudding type concoction. It is yummy and tasted like it is BAD for me but it is isn't. Mmmm I want some now.
Thanks!

You know, I haven't tried that because I have no milk at my house (cut out all my dairy a few weeks ago). I wonder if it would work the same with some water, instead!

I did try FREEZING protein shakes (with water, not milk) to try to make a gelato/ice cream type thing. Don't. haha!

I cheat whenever I feel like it, but then I beat the hell out of myself in the gym the next day. This generally keeps me in line and I only end up cheating 2 or 3 meals a week.

GoalGetter said:
Thanks!

You know, I haven't tried that because I have no milk at my house (cut out all my dairy a few weeks ago). I wonder if it would work the same with some water, instead!

I did try FREEZING protein shakes (with water, not milk) to try to make a gelato/ice cream type thing. Don't. haha!

It may be a little watery (no pun intended) if you add water instead of milk. You could try and buy some gelatin and add it in there to get that thick consitency or grind some oats real fine and add it in to thicken it up some.

All the above posts are great anf full of usefull tips. Follow GG's guide to binge free dieting and you should be set. Just make sure you allow yourself some room for error and no one is perfect. Why kill yourself with dieting and such...enjoy life a little here and there and indulge. Just don't beat yourself up after a binge (Im a hipocrit sp?) :( it only does worse. Just keep high hopes and keep on struttin your stuff...it only gets easier remember that.

IML Gear Cream!
Someone said:

the cravings go away quickly once you get on a healthy diet. give it a couple of months. a lot of it is physcological as well...

Someone said:

It follows the same principle of masturbation, do you wanna cheat when you are full with clean food?

I don't have to resist, I just don't have time to go off my schedule, I eat at certain times I eat certain foods and that's the way it is... Either I'm bulking or I'm cutting.

when i first started dieting it was hard to resist urges to eat bad but after a little while they go away.

ASSPUNCTURE said:
eating pussy has no cals bro and its quite satiating

point is....i think if you are eating properly...binge eating is usually more emotional and psycological rather than your body needing to overfeed.

I thought you sucked cock, no? :D

Dale Mabry said:
I thought you sucked cock, no? :D

Ive been known to make exceptions for black moderator cock :lick:

whether im sucking off one of the gimp boys from guatemala chained in my dungeon or licking the inner thighs of a sweet college coed....point is if you are busy and happy....it wont be hard to focus on food.

water....lots and lots of water. Whenever I want to take un unscheduled snack, I chug the old h2o.

I cheat whenever I want. However, because I know what I have to eat to achieve my goals, it only happens every few days. I usually only cheat if someone wants to eat with me. For example, if my mom invites me over for dinner, some friends want to go out, I take out a girl, or something to that effect.

Lam is right. Once you get your diet in line, the cravings should stop. I allow one day of cheat meals... and my choice is usually pizza.

IML Gear Cream!
suck it up and take it like a man

I indulged in a "beaver tail" today as we went skating in VERY cold weather!!
It wasnt worth it!

If its not in your house you can't eat it, and never go to the store hungry. And crazy enough, what is beaver tail?

crazy_enough said:
"beaver tail"
:confused:

Hey crazy I did the tuna w/ natty pb again last night...it was damn tasty...its a keeper in my book! :D

ihateschoolmt said:
If its not in your house you can't eat it, and never go to the store hungry. And crazy enough, what is beaver tail?

pu$$y :shrug:

NOOOOOOO!! Its not pussy!!!lolololol...I didnt realize that most here have no idea what this is!!!!Oh man, thats funny! sorry.

Its a pastry....fried in oil and covered with sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon....

lololol

DeadBolt said:
:confused:

Hey crazy I did the tuna w/ natty pb again last night...it was damn tasty...its a keeper in my book! :D
U seriously did that again...ON PURPOSE!!??lol

crazy_enough said:
NOOOOOOO!! Its not pussy!!!lolololol...I didnt realize that most here have no idea what this is!!!!Oh man, thats funny! sorry.

Its a pastry....fried in oil and covered with sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon....

lololol
I thought you meant pussy too...:hmmm: If that's cheating, then I cheat way too much... :p

ChrisROCK said:
I thought you meant pussy too...:hmmm: If that's cheating, then I cheat way too much... :p
Oh My, if pussy was considered cheating id still be a fat ball of flab!!!:p

crazy_enough said:
Oh My, if pussy was considered cheating id still be a fat ball of flab!!!:p

lol, me too! :rocker:

Back