• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Need advice

Martinogdenbsx

Dedicated to one thing!!!
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
What do you think of my routine?

Monday
1)Squats
2)Leg extensions
3)leg curls
4)Standing calf raise
5)Ab leg raises

Wednesday
1)Incline bench press
2)Close grip bench press
3)Behind neck shoulder press
4)Side lateral raises
5)Dumbell bicep curl

Friday
1)Shoulder width lat pulldown
2)close grip seated pulley row
3)Tricep push down
4)crunches
5)Hyper extensions
6)Shrugs

All excersises are performed using the heaviest weight i can handle for two sets of 5-7 repetitions

Chris

Martinogdenbsx said:
What do you think of my routine?

Monday
1)Squats
2)Leg extensions
3)leg curls
4)Standing calf raise
5)Ab leg raises
Squats are good but you want some sort of press...its true squats are truely awsome but massive legs come from heavy leg presses. Also try out some SLDL's for the hammies, theres no replacement for em. Would you think of moving these to a different day? They wold be better mid week to give your upper body a rest.

Wednesday
1)Incline bench press
2)Close grip bench press
3)Behind neck shoulder press
4)Side lateral raises
5)Dumbell bicep curl
Chest,shoulder,tri, and bi? Dedicate this day to maybe chest and shoulders if thats what you want. 86 the CG's and DB curl. You should throw some flat bench and maybe some dips or flys for chest as well. Yes inclines are great but you need a little more then just one exercise for chest.

Also get rid of the behind neck shoulder press...your just asking to get hurt. Try a standard military press, its much safer. Also throw in some side laterals(I like cheat laterals to stimulate some growth in the medials) and maybe upright rows.

Friday
1)Shoulder width lat pulldown
2)close grip seated pulley row
3)Tricep push down
4)crunches
5)Hyper extensions
6)Shrugs
Back, get rid fo them pull downs....chin ups and bent rows are much better replacement for them. Seated cable row is fine stick with em. Id also throw some deadlifts in there, great compound core movement. No need for the hyperextensions if you do deads. Now leaves arms, you could do several sets fo them here or add another day for them your choice. I personaly enjoy my own day for arms...I can put my total effort into them. But if need be you could throw bi's and tri's mixed or seperated in another day. Maybe tri's here and bi's with chest/shoulders.

Simple lifts for arms are: tri's-CG bench, dips, pushdowns, skull crushers, kickback. Bi's-BB curl, preacher curl, db curl, hammer curl, cg chin ups. Now just pick 3 of each and do a 2 sets or so for each.

All excersises are performed using the heaviest weight i can handle for two sets of 5-7 repetitions

Chris
[/B]

what about this?

Monday
1)Squats
2)Leg extensions
3)leg curls
4)Standing calf raise
5)Ab leg raises

what are leg press's i can't find what they look like,and seeing as i have only a small gym i don't know if i can perform that excersise

Wednesday
1)Incline bench press
2)Flat bench press
3)Pec Dek
4)Side lateral raises
5)Front cable raise
6)Alternate hammer curl
7)Dumbell alternate bicep curl
8)Standing bicep cable curl

Friday
1)Chin ups
2)Tricep push down
3)Crunches
4)Deadlifts
5)Shrugs
6)Bench dips
7)One arm supinated dumbell triceps extension

Chris

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Quadriceps/LV45LegPress.html
Just as the name states--pressing of the legs--

Can you switch to a 4 day split? It almost seems like for such a new person this may not be the best way to go at it. Also how long have you been training? You may just be better off with a full body workout 3x a week.

how about..

how about splitting it up into bodyparts, instead of mixing everythin together each day heh. like maybe a chest/tri's back/bi's legs & shoulders kind of split. I use that, and it works great for me...I have noticed great gains.

what do you mean by 4 day split i can't find much information to explain what it is
i have not been training long at all

as in 4 days..

a 4 day split as in, 4 days in the gym, with a break, i do this 4 day split

Monday: Chest/ Tri's
Tuesday: Back/ Bi's
Wed: off, but some cardio
Thursday: Legs or Shoulders whatever i feel like
Friday: legs or shoulders
weekend: off, some cardio

You didn't like the routine I sent you Martin?

i accidentally deleted it and i didn't want to pester you,if you got it i would be grateful :D

CowPimp I was reading another post where you had given that routine out and was going to tell him to check it out. I think its an awsome routine for starters, good work man :thumb:

IML Gear Cream!
i have already sorted diet out cowpimp

thanks for the routine,will show ya my journal after first month

so i do those excersises evry training session then?

Yes do all of that 3 x a week.

Back