• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Things to do in San Diego ??

yellowmoomba

YM
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I just found out I'm heading to San Diego next Monday for a 4 day conference. It looks like I'll be there from Monday night (Oct 4 - Oct 8) thru Friday afternoon.

Anybody have recommendations on good places to eat, good music/bar/nightclub, things to do, or places to see ???

What about a good gym near the Convention Center? I'm thinking about staying at the GRANT. The Omni, Hilton and Marriotte are all booked.

Thanks ! :thumbs:

Been there only once,but LOVED it! Go to Sea World and the Zoo, Coronado island! :thumb:

isnt aggie from san diego? :shrug:

the titans play the chargers next sunday but that doesnt fit into your schedule. :no:

Sapphire said:
Been there only once,but LOVED it! Go to Sea World and the Zoo, Coronado island! :thumb:

Alright ! Thanks Sapphire

Anyone else ??

:D

bulletproof1 said:

the titans play the chargers next sunday but that doesnt fit into your schedule. :no:

If she is - hopefully she'll respond ........ It sucks that I'm only going to be there during the week.

Head into La Jolla to be in a beautiful (and ritzy) little town by the sea with some awesome, although expensive restaurants.

Pacific Beach is great for bars and by the beach action and has more great restaurants and is a real beach town.

Of course there is the zoo, Sea World, and Coronado.

Del Mar is also a really nice town with great dining and more.

I love San Diego and could talk about it all day!

bulletproof1 said:

Lived there for a year on 9th Ave. Padres ballpark within my view and a few blocks from the Gaslamp (4th and 5th Ave.). Moved back to NorCal in July due to some family and school issues.

I would reccomend going to Coronado Island, the Gaslamp, the Zoo eh, the Wild Animal Park eh, Seaworld eh, the Gaslamp, La Jolla has some nice places. There are beaches everywhere. I like the Coronado beach and Black's Beach in La Jolla. Pacific Beach and Mission Valley also have beaches, but not as nice.

If you like Asian fusion cusine, Roy's in La Jolla is excellent. I've been to the one in the Monterey area, SF, etc. I guess excluding the main one in Hawaii, the one in La Jolla is the next best. If you go by the marina area, I would reccomend Anthony's Fish Grotto. The Fish Market is pretty good also. The marina area also has a little touristy shop area called Seaport Village. I wasn't that impressed though.
The Gaslamp is filled with places to eat. Croce's (as in Jim), steak places, etc. There's also a mall nearby with a 24 Hour Fitness. I used to workout at the downtown gym.
If you want to spend a little more money, I would definitely reccomend eating in La Jolla. There are so many good places to eat there.

IML Gear Cream!
Hey! I use to live in San Diego about four years ago. There are so many things to do there. You have beautiful beaches (great waves to surf). Try Ocean Beach & Pacific Beach (I use to surf there). Go on the boardwalk (there are a lot of shops, bars & resturants). Disneyland, Sea World, & the zoo are out there. Um... I'm tring to think what else you could do.. The weather is awesome out there. La Jolla is a very nice beach & area.. Have a fun time..

There is a 24hour fitness right near the Grant hotel. Its located on the first floor of the Horton Plaza Mall. There is also a Golds Gym off of Rosecrans Ave. I heard that Nasser El Sobaty used to work out there.

iSlaNdEr bOy - I'll definately hit one of those gyms

HotMom23 - I'd like to see the beaches. That sounds fun.

aggies1ut -Thanks for all the info. The conference center is right by Seaport Villiage. We are staying right on 3rd and Broadway in the Gaslamp district.

gopro
- I'd like to see La Jolla but from the sounds of you and aggies1ut I'll avoid Hillcrest :laugh:

Thanks again everyone. If you think of more please post it!

:thumbs:

iSlaNdEr bOy said:
There is a 24hour fitness right near the Grant hotel. Its located on the first floor of the Horton Plaza Mall. There is also a Golds Gym off of Rosecrans Ave. I heard that Nasser El Sobaty used to work out there.
Ya I used to go to the 24 Hr. at Horton Plaza. Hillcrest also has a 24. However, if you workout in Hillcrest, I would go to Powerhouse.

San Diego:

A beautiful place with perfect weather, with boring people....

Back