• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

devastating news:(

joey2005

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I went for a physical. And i asked my doctor about the excess fat around my stomach. I had been 300lbs and i lost it all within 2 yrs and now i still have this layer around my stomach that ive been following diets on here to lose. I asked the doc about it and he said the only way to remove that fat is to have it surgically removed. So all this weight lifting and cutting aint gonna do it:mad: ...that totally ruins my goal ... had my head looked up to losing that with a clean diet and weight training. The surgery is too much money...wow what a bummer:( ...sorry this isnt a cry for help ...just wanted to share it with you

sorry but i think that it toal bull shit!!!!!!!Everyones fat is the same so why can't you use it?????

Chris

How much do you weigh now? That can't be possible.

Don´t worry, you can take that pretty soft tissue off. Unless it is not loose skin and it is actually fat. Most of it will be water weight as well.
Keep cutting and don´t give your money to the doctor. :)

Yeah, it sounds like you have a lot of loose skin. Surgery is going to correct that but you can't diet away loose skin.

i weigh 200lbs now..so 100 lbs gone. And its definitely fat ..and some loose skin but mostly fat ..i can feel it. I dont think im going to quit working hard at it. Because i had similiar fat or.."love handles" and i lost those with cutting...just the front area now. Hope the doc is wrong...says i need a tummy tuck or something

Joey, I feel your pain Bro. Sounds like loose skin. I have the same problem. I was 389lbs 18 months ago. Now I'm down to 235lbs & 11.9 %BF. I feel great but I will always have this loose skin around my mid section. Nothing but surgery will fix this problem. Sorry!

How old are you? The younger you are, the better the chances of your skin shrinking back to its original size. It has more elasticity when you're young. Don't do anything radical until you've gotten to where you think you should be, and even then give your skin some time to resize. I think your doctor is full of shit and an alarmist. It may come to the point where you need some skin removed, but now is not the time to think about it. And if it does come, if you have insurance, it may be covered as long as your doctor(s) deem it medically necessary, because you have lost an emormous amount of weight. Don't be discouraged.

IML Gear Cream!
im 17 . I still have fat there. SO couldnt i lose the fat until its just skin..? then worry about having surgery if it hasnt worked itself out?

To not make things worst, lose weight at a slower rate. You can lose all that fat. How many lbs per week did you lose while taking away that 100 pounds?

i really dont know. I never looked at the scale. It was over a year and a 1/2. I just was eating less and doing crazy cardio.

By now you know that you did the wrong thing and you will never do it again? That is so dangerous man.

yeah now i realize that. The docs ive been going to see kept telling me to keep it up so I continued..maybe they werent realizing the number drop so frequently.

get some skin firming lotion, for the elasticty, that's what I've been using since I have some loose skin too from when i was overweight. It won't help ALOT but anything's better than nothing right? I was actually thinking of getting a tummy tuck later on in life too if it dosen't go away, in the end that might be your only option

At 17 you have a good shot of your skin adjusting over time. I'm 31 and mine shrunk a bit. Just lose the weight first then see where your at.

i would change gp's, he obviously doesn't have a clue!

Tom_B said:
get some skin firming lotion, for the elasticty, that's what I've been using since I have some loose skin too from when i was overweight. It won't help ALOT but anything's better than nothing right? I was actually thinking of getting a tummy tuck later on in life too if it dosen't go away, in the end that might be your only option
The skin firming lotion is a good idea and it does work to a point, but not just anyone will work. You need one with Q10 in it and use it twice a day, once in AM and once before you go to bed. I weighed 220lbs of pure flubber about 4 years ago after my 3rd child and I dropped 80lbs in 1 1/2 years doing that and I had just a pooch in the front. Unfortunately I have stretch marks because my last child, (a boy), came out the size of a moose and that did it for my six pack dreams. I am on a mission to lose in the area to a certain point and if I can't get rid of the extra skin I will contimplate the tummy tuck. BUT that in itself is a hard decision, you get laid up for about 6 weeks! YIKES!!! I don't know if it would be really worth it in the long run.

But keep up the good work and shoot for 1-2 lbs a week with the cardio and ST and you will see results. You are young and its true younger skin repairs faster and easier. Good LUck! :thumb:

I have the same problem

I myself was around 300lbs or so and lost about 100lbs myself or close to it. Ok, I lied. I was 287lbs and was down to 196lbs at one time. At 196lbs I had quite a bit of fat still around my stomache. I was one of those skinny fat people or whatever the hell it's called. I made the mistake of losing FAT waaay to quickly. I didn't gain much muscle, if any and I've found the worst problem is that I got totally ripped..not in the good way...as in like nasty stretch marks. ugh. That might be the result of losing weight to fast maybe? I know I was losing a heck lot more than 2lbs per week. Let's just say I was buying new jeans and belts twice a month almost. 1500 calorie diet at 6'4 was just plain STUPID. Now i'm doing it the proper way...

Something is strange about my body. It appears that most all the fat I have left on me is around my midsection/stomache. It's so annoying and i'm sure it'll be the last to go. It's slowly going away. In a few weeks I hope it will be gone. That will be soo nice.

I wouldn't trust that doctor. Just get down to a low enough bodyfat percentage and then see if it goes away or if it REALLY is just skin. Seems after my 100lbs of fat going away the only excess skin seems to be under my arms (just before my armpit)..but not that much. It's not very noticeable.

Back