• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

Schwarzenegger Signs Prison Smoking Ban

what a stupid thing to do, I mean why, what the hell does it matter? let these people have their god damm cigarettes for christs sake, they are gonna get them anyways.. What the hell is arnold doing in politics for gods sake..he doesnt' belong

Everybody should be in good health no matter what their situation is.

Johnnny said:
Everybody should be in good health no matter what their situation is.

THEY are fucking inmates! If they want to smoke, let them smoke. What a stupid fucking decision :no:

Thats like taking away their money. What else are they going to use for barter. "I'll whack that guy for you for 20rolls of TP". :laugh:

Johnnny said:
Next The Oak needs to ban smoking in restaurants, bars & clubs.

It's a free country and smoking is legal. If I the owner of a private establishment wishes to allow smoking that is his business. Those who don't like the smoke can find another place to spend their money.

What's next, no more anal rapes? :rolleyes:

Now that I think about it, your right.

Robert DiMaggio said:
why should they get to smoke in prison?

isn't prison supposed to be punishment?
But isn't the fact they're potentially shortening their lifespan and increasing the likelihood of fatal disease a good enough punishment?

IML Gear Cream!
Robert DiMaggio

Very good point, some of the worst criminals live in a country club atmosphere almost, & it's supposed to be prison. WTF?

RedSpy

But isn't the fact they're potentially shortening their lifespan and increasing the likelihood of fatal disease a good enough punishment?

Now that's another great point. :D

austinite

It's a free country and smoking is legal. If I the owner of a private establishment wishes to allow smoking that is his business. Those who don't like the smoke can find another place to spend their money

I'm guessing you're a smoker. Why else support smoking.

I support the laws of banning public smoking in restaurants, bars & clubs & I hope Arnold the Oak does it in California to.

Very interesting... but I think their are quite a few other things besides smoking they shouldn't do. I saw a show where their off playing on comuters, reading books in libraries, playing basketball and lifting weights. Why should they be able to do that?

I support the laws of banning public smoking in restaurants, bars & clubs & I hope Arnold the Oak does it in California to.

They have banned smoking in bars/restaurants in NYC. I love it. It is so much more plesant to go out now knowing that I wont have to breathe in cigartte smoke all night or smell like an ash tray the next day.

I agree with GR81 (which is a first outside of Seahawks threads)...why can't they smoke?

The health nazi's are a little out of control. So much for freedom of choice.:shrug:

My dad was a prison warden here in SC and he says that the WORST thing you can do is take away small liberties like that. For example, here in SC they took away the weight rooms b/c the inmates were getting huge. However, that time in the weight room took away all of their aggressiveness. Plus the lifters would not take any drugs or booze.

On the surface it may seem logical to say "they are in prison, fuck em" but prisions are kept from rioting by the prison leaders. Any prison could be taken over at any time if the leaders decide to do it.

Johnnny said:
austinite

I'm guessing you're a smoker. Why else support smoking.

Maybe he just supports people's right to engage in legal activity in a private club.:shrug:

david said:
Very interesting... but I think their are quite a few other things besides smoking they shouldn't do. I saw a show where their off playing on comuters, reading books in libraries, playing basketball and lifting weights. Why should they be able to do that?
Yep..let's let them sit in their cell in think of ways to cause trouble. Don't forget all of those liberties are effective deterents. Prisoners will obey b/c they don't want to lose them.

Robert DiMaggio said:
maybe if things like smoking were taken away and prison was actually HELL, it would help deter crime. :shrug:
:yes:

Johnnny said:

Smoking in California restaurants, bars and clubs already IS illegal and has been for MANY years. ;)

IML Gear Cream!
I think criminals should be placed in an 8x8 cell with a shitter and a small slit to give them food only. Prison terms should also be reduced for first time offenders. Criminals should also be given an extra strong, short rope in case they want to hang themsleves.

I have a tough stance on crime. Although I don't really care either way for drugs and the punishment in using them.

Pepper

Maybe he just supports people's right to engage in legal activity in a private club.

Maybe but smoking is still bad for you & 2nd hand smoke is even worse for non smokers.

ALBOB

Smoking in California restaurants, bars and clubs already IS illegal and has been for MANY years.

That's great, it should be like this in all cities.

2nd hand smoke is almost deadlier than smoking itself.

Why should non smokers have to suffer just b/c they want to go out to a club or something?

Not fair, & to say that non smokers shouldn't go & just stay home is an ignorant attitude if it comes to that.

Pepper said:
Yep..let's let them sit in their cell in think of ways to cause trouble. Don't forget all of those liberties are effective deterents. Prisoners will obey b/c they don't want to lose them.

They mostly cause trouble anyways... half of them probably would go insane wt/ their smokes and the other half.... well... no Basketball for them bc/ they should take that away, too! ;)

Am I alone in thinking we should bring back gladiatorial competitions for the inmates. It would certainly keep them in shape, and they would soon forget about smoking. (Need great lung capacity to run from hungry lion.)

Now that would be fun, and taxable, and the pay per view profits could help boost the economy.

pmech said:
Now that would be fun, and taxable, and the pay per view profits could help boost the economy.
Exactly! :rocker:

Smoking for the inmates is not b/c it's not punishment. Being in prison even with all the commodities is still mind altering for these people. If you have never worked or stayed in a prison then you will never know. They do not like it there nor do they feel it's "Easy Street". They go back b/c of behavior issues. Making prison more strict is not going to primarily make any person think "twice" before committing crimes. Some states in desert land areas use old method chains and shackles and no ac with 100 degree days, and the inmates work. These prison camps are just as filled as the nicer facilities. Prison doesn't prevent crime... morals, propper raising, and the dreams and desires to want more form life prevent crime. I am heading towards possibilities in corrections and I am an ex smoker so I say the guards get the shit end of the stick in the deal though. I worry about that when I get there ;)

Robert DiMaggio said:

People forget that convicted felons lose certain rights when incarcerated...and that's the way it should be...

the law makes total sense when trying to reduce healthcare costs. inmates are not positive contributors to the econmy and do not have to pay for their own healthcare, the general public does...since it would be uncosntituntional to ban everyone from smoking why not at least prevent the percentage of the popluation that you can control from not smoking...

IMO inmates should not be allowed to smoke. Our province has cut the smoke out of our prison's a couple years ago. If I remember correctly they banned smokes from the prison's not to make life tougher on the inmates that smoked but it was considered cruel and unusually punishment to the inmates that did not smoke to be breathing second-hand cigarette smoke 24/7. This is also true to all the people that work in Corrections, they do not want to be breathing second-hand smoke 8 hours a day 5 days a week...second-hand smoke kills.

Back