• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Help With My Diet Need Imput

TheDeed

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Meal 1 8:00 Am

1 Super Cod Liver Oil Capsule

1 Cup Cottage Cheese

1 Cup All-Bran

1 Can Tuna

Meal 2 12:00 Pm

1 Slice Roast Beef

1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread

3 Egg Whites

1 Cup Yogurt

Meal 3 3:00 Pm

Half Of A Cucumber

1 Packet Oatmeal with water

1 Can Of Sardines

1 Apple

Work Out 4:30

Shake = 22G of Protein

Meal 4 6:00 Pm

5 Stems of Broccoli

1 Chicken Breast

.25 Of A Cup Of Brown Rice

Meal 5 9:00 Pm

1 Cup Cottage Cheese

5 Sticks Celery

Total Calories : 2300

Total Protein : 269 G

Total Carbs : 229 G

Total Fat : 53 G

i dont' like cottage cheese or all-bran is there anything else i could re-place that with.. plus could i get the apple and cinnimon oatmeal rather than the plain no sugar oatmeal

Total Calories : 2300

Total Protein : 269 G

Total Carbs : 229 G

Total Fat : 53 G
I can't really comment on the suitability of the overall amount (you didn't give any stats or your goals).

You also do not give serving sizes for most of the foods so I am not sure what your ratio's in each meal are... However, some general guidelines you should try to follow:
* Try to balance your meals so they each have protein and a fuel source - be that carbs, fats or a little of both.
*Try to spread your protein evenly through the day - so each meal should roughly have the same amount of protein. You should be aiming for a level of between ~1g per pound and 1.5g per pound each day.
*Generally, you should try to focus your carbohydrates around the times you need them most, which for most people is earlier in the day and around workouts. I try to keep them fairly constant in each of the meals you want them in, with the only exception being your immediate post-workout meal, which can/should be slightly higher in carb content if you are big on recovery.
* You need to increase your healthy fats!! At the moment your diet is completely deficient in these! Look into investing in some flaxseeds, walnuts and fatty fish (salmon!!). Other sources of good fats include olive oil and avocado. At an absolute minimum you should be getting 0.3 - 0.4g of fats per pound body weight.

So -
TheDeed said:
Meal 1 8:00 Am
1 Cup Cottage Cheese
1 Cup All-Bran
1 Can Tuna

i dont' like cottage cheese or all-bran is there anything else i could re-place that with.. plus could i get the apple and cinnimon oatmeal rather than the plain no sugar oatmeal
Not enough good low GI carbohydrates in this meal (all bran doesn't count). And I am not sure you need that much protein in one sitting. I would replace the all bran with REAL oats (not the apple cinnamon crap), if you want to add flavour add it yourself with fresh cinnamon and grated apple.

If you don't want the cottage cheese you could make an egg/egg-white omelette or have some protein powder instead. Or, just eat enough tuna to fill your protein needs.

You might also want to think about some healthy fats in this meal - add some ground flaxseeds to your oats or use one egg-yolk in your breakfast.

Meal 2 12:00 Pm
1 Slice Roast Beef
1 Slice Whole Wheat Bread
3 Egg Whites
1 Cup Yogurt
I would replace the whole-wheat bread with a better bread (sprouted bread, pumpernickel or wholegrain rye) or, even better, with a wholegrain, legume or sweet potato. Also, what about some vegetables?

Some people would suggest you drop the yoghurt and increase the complex carbs (eg: 2 slices of bread)... I don't mind dairy so keep it if you want - but just remember that yoghurt is high on the insulin index, so you might be better off having it at a time you can take advantage of this (eg: post-workout).

You might also want to have this meal a little earlier, ~ 11am. 4 hrs is just a little too long between meals.

Meal 3 3:00 Pm
Half Of A Cucumber
1 Can Of Sardines
1 Apple
Are the sardines canned in water? Make sure they are, as, because this is pre-workout you don't want a lot of fats in this meal.

I would drop the packaged oats and use wholegrain rolled oats or scotch oats instead - once again, you can always add 'healthy' flavourings.

Also, this meal would change in time if you move your other meal... So it might then be a little too far before your workout (you really should eat something ~ 1hr before you workout).

So you might want to add another meal in somewhere.... (eg: have first meal a little earlier, next meal at 10-10.30ish, this meal at 1 to 1.30ish and then a pre-workout meal at ~3.30 to 4pm). If you can not do it, then just do the best you can do.

Work Out 4:30
Shake = 22G of Protein
How do you expect your body to recover from a workout with this??!! Add some good carbohydrates and make sure that this serving of protein is appropriate for your size!

Some examples of good carbs for post workout would be thin rolled oats, fat-free dairy (yoghurt, milk) and banana/grapes/berries.

Meal 4 6:00 Pm
5 Stems of Broccoli
1 Chicken Breast
.25 Of A Cup Of Brown Rice
This is a good solid meal for your first meal post-workout, but is the 0.25 cup of rice before or after cooking?? If it is cooked then that is not a lot of carbohydrates....

Meal 5 9:00 Pm
1 Cup Cottage Cheese
5 Sticks Celery
Ok... I would be careful about pre-packaged oats at this time of the evening... Unless you are really trying to add some solid mass. Instead I would add some healthy fats (walnuts etc) as this will help to slow your gastric emptying and maintain a 'trickle' of protein to your muscles for a little longer.

If you do not like cottage cheese then either add flavouring (cinnamon, vanilla, SF jelly etc) or add a tbs or so of yoghurt to 'dilute' the flavour.

If you STILL can not stomach it then consider something else (fatty fish, casien protein shake etc)....

wow that really changed it up a lot but that's what i need some help for you guys and maybe i should explain more what im doing...

im 19, 5'10 and 150 lbs... my goals are to gain some muscle and be in an athletic form like pro football player or brad pitt or i dunno just giving examples... so some ppl on this site said i had to bulk first that is why im eating so much protein each meal and all day and all the calories and then i will increase it every week by 250 cals till i get to 3000. then i keep eating like that till i get to the weight i want which would be maybe around 160-165lbs and then cut to define my muscles am i right ? so than all my muscles will show really well and then just maintian... am i doing this right.. just getting info from what ppl have told me.. so is this the right diet still ? here is a new one and tell me what u think oh yah and i do not want to be like a body builder lol.. just normal with lots of muscle and u can see it really defined and cut and lean

Meal 1 : 9:00 Am
1 Super Cod Liver Oil Capsul
1 Cup Of Real Oats
1 Can Of Tuna Without Water
1 Egg white Omlette Sounds Good But How Do U Cook it. is there cheese in it ?

Meal 2 : 12:00 Am
2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
1 Slice Roast Beef
1 Can Of Sardines With Oil -- do i drink that oil ?

Meal 3 : 3:00 Pm
Half Of Large Cucumber
1 Cup Of Real Oats
1 Meduim Apple

Work Out - * 4:00 Pm *

Post Workout Shake 5:00
100% Whey Protein Powder 22G mixed with Skim Milk
1 Large Banana
1 Cup Yogurt Fat Free

Meal 4: 6:00 Pm
5 Stems of Broccoli
1 cooked Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice

Meal 5 : 9:00 Pm
Efficent Amount Of Walnuts
Small Peice Of real Salmon Fish

I know its not the best but im trying... and i hope the information that i profided will fit good and show u what my goal and needs are.. thanks agian for you help... plus is the 2200 calls and the amount of protein and carbs and fats good ?

TheDeed said:
im 19, 5'10 and 150 lbs... my goals are to gain some muscle and be in an athletic form...some ppl on this site said i had to bulk first that is why im eating so much protein each meal and all day and all the calories and then i will increase it every week by 250 cals till i get to 3000. then i keep eating like that till i get to the weight i want which would be maybe around 160-165lbs
Ok.. Although it is hard to advise you without knowing your BF%, based on your weight, at your height, the best thing you could probably do would be to focus on gaining lean mass while limiting the increase in (or, if you are doing things really well, and if you are newish to training, even lowering) your BF...

But you will need both a good diet and a good training program for this (I assume you have the training in place??).

In terms of your calorie needs, do you have any way of determining your BF%?? Also - How active are you? How often do you train? What do you do during the day? These types of things will all determine what calorie level you should probably aim for at first... Where did you get the 3000 cal number from?

Anyway - without this info the simplest way to do things would be to simply add calories slowly from your current intake (do you know how much you are eating now?) until you start gaining weight at a slow rate (without too much fat gains). Also, be aware that you will have to keep modifying your diet as your weight increases (as your increase in lean mass will cause you to increase your energy needs) so do not just blindly 'aim' for a calorie level - watch how your body reacts and adjust it accordingly.

However, I can tell you that you will, in all probability, need more food than 2300 cals!! This is barely enough for most smaller females (eg:120 pounds) to add mass and will definitely not serve you for this purpose!! You may even find that you start to loose weight immediately with this intake.

and then cut to define my muscles am i right ? so than all my muscles will show really well and then just maintain... am i doing this right.. just getting info from what ppl have told me.. so is this the right diet still ?
Yeah that sounds about right - you will probably have to drop some BF at a later time so you can show up your muscles...

Now, about your diet - Protein is not the only important thing when you are trying to add some quality mass. All three of the macronutrients (carbs, proteins and fats) play important roles in building and maintaining muscles and in keeping your body healthy.

Importantly, you need to make sure you are getting enough available energy in your diet so your body can use this fuel to grow! This means don't just 'fill your diet with protein'!

I don't like to base carb/protein and fat intake on calorie ratios. They can cause you to have wildly inappropriate intakes depending on your calorie intake - and can therefore cause you to be deficient in vital ingredients needed to reach your goals.

Generally I use body weight measures for macronutrients.

For Protein you should be aiming for a level of ~1.5g/pound (about 225g). This should be spread evenly over your meals and will supply your body with the amino acids essential for protein repair and growth. You don't NEED more than this amount to build muscle (infact, you can actually build muscle with much less than this, provided you are giving your body sufficient energy from carbohydrates and fats) but 1.5g/pound offers your body an ample supply so it will never be without.

For fats of at least 0.4g/pound (60g). Most of these should be healthy, unsaturated fats and they are essential for your brain, joints, muscles, hormone production, skin, hair, cardiovascular system etc etc... They will also help with your insulin sensitivity (meaning the energy you ingest will be better utilised by your body) and will help in your bodies ability to burn fats (keeping you leaner and your metabolism higher).

Carbs are a debated topic. Personally, I feel carbs are essential for a good mass building program (yes, you can do a 'keto bulk' but it is damn hard and much less effective). Carbs offer huge advantages in terms of anabolic potential both in terms of providing a good, readily available energy for your training and for recovery and in terms of providing a good anabolic environment in your body (it will stimulate insulin and other hormones which will all help in adding lean muscle mass). I suggest you should probably start at about 2g/pound at first (300g) and see how you go. You might like to decrease them (and then focus the carbs you do eat around your workouts) and increase your fats instead - but this is something you are going to have to work out.

So this means:
225g protein = 900 cals (35%)
60g fat = 540 cals (20%)
300g carbs = 1200 cals (45%)
So, to start with this gives you a total of ~2640 cals. And, based on your weight at 150 pounds, I would think that that would be a good calorie level for you to start at - you will probably find that you need more than this, so just add energy (I would go for either carbs or fats.. But a little more protein, say 250g, would be fine too).

Meal 1 : 9:00 Am
1 Cup Of Real Oats
1 Can Of Tuna Without Water
1 Egg white Omelet Sounds Good But How Do U Cook it. is there cheese in it ?
1 cup of oats sounds fine. You could decrease it slightly and add some fruit if you wanted the variety. Something like blueberries would be a good option. I would think that, in most of your carb meals, you want to aim for about 50 to 60g... But in this meal and in your post-workout shake you should aim for a little more - so 70 ish grams is probably a good target.

In this meal aim for ~40-45g of protein - so how much is in the tuna? Egg white omelette's are easy to make - you could even add the tuna to it. Just seperate an appropriate number of egg whites, add some pepper/lemon juice or other flavours, then cook it up in a non-stick pan. You can add what ever you want - things such as garlic, mushrooms, onions, spinach, tomato etc...

For fats - You could leave in some yolks if you wanted or you might want to add a tbs of ground flax to your oats.

Meal 2 : 12:00 Am
2 Slices of Whole Wheat Bread
1 Slice Roast Beef
1 Can Of Sardines With Oil -- do i drink that oil ?
As I suggested before - whole wheat bread is not your best option here... What about basmati rice or even some sprouted bread instead?
How much protein is in the roast beef and sardines? Once again, about 35 to 40g is a good figure to aim for, so if it is a lot more than this then cut it back.

Sardines - well, I would definitely not drink the oil (as they often can these things in icky types of oil) and I would try to get the ones canned in springwater. Depending on how much fat you have in your breakfast and last meal you are probably best adding some other form of healthy fats here (as you do not want high fats in any of the meals around your workouts).

Carbs should be at about 50 to 60g. Also - want about some vegetables!!??!! Add some salad!

Meal 3 : 3:00 Pm
Half Of Large Cucumber
1 Cup Of Real Oats
1 Medium Apple
Ummm... Where did the protein go??
Add some chicken/tuna/lean meat/egg-whites etc (35 to 40g worth). You might also want to slightly decrease your serving of carbs (aim should be 50 to 60g)...

Post Workout Shake 5:00
100% Whey Protein Powder 22G mixed with Skim Milk
1 Large Banana
1 Cup Yogurt Fat Free
How much protein is that? You want 40g (minimum of 0.25g/pound) with 50g probably being a good figure for you (0.33g/pound).

Also - How much skim milk? As you are trying to add mass, you want at least 0.5g of carbs per pound bodyweight - so aim for about 75g. Some people suggest you aim for 0.5g your TARGET bodyweight... which, for you, would be 80g, which is not all that much different.

Meal 4: 6:00 Pm
5 Stems of Broccoli
1 cooked Chicken Breast
1/2 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
More carbs. Aim for 50 to 60g (which is about 1 cup rice) and the chicken should be about 35 to 40g worth.

Could increase your serving of vegetables (5 stems is not really that much!!).

Meal 5 : 9:00 Pm
Efficient Amount Of Walnuts
Small Piece Of real Salmon Fish
Looks good - once again, go for about 35 to 40g protein. Also - add vegetables.

Level of fats here?? Well, this depends on how much you have taken in during the day. I would think that 15 to 20g would be fine.

Back