25% Off Black Friday Sale

whole or skim milk?

Rep Points

whole or skim milk?

I'm bulking. should i drink skim or whole milk. i think whole milk has more calories (and fat of course) so it would be easier to meet my calorie requirements. but most poeple say the drink skim in their post. so which is it?

Rep Points

1 or 2%

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Pull up master

Rep Points

If you are bulking, I think you would go ahead and drink whole milk since you want the calories.

If you are trying to maintain or get cut, you would probably want to go to the lower fat milk like Jodie said above, or cut it out entirely for a while.
    Quitters never win, and winners never quit ! ! !

Who says big guys can't do pull ups ?

Wide grip, behind the neck:

. 37 @ 182 lbs
    . 33 @ 198 lbs

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by troubador
    I'm bulking. should i drink skim or whole milk. i think whole milk has more calories (and fat of course) so it would be easier to meet my calorie requirements. but most poeple say the drink skim in their post. so which is it?
    Generally, even when bulking I usually suggest you stick to skim milk. Although it has less calories the calories you miss are mostly from saturated fats and you are better off replacing them with healthier sources.

"You Can`t Flex Fat"

Rep Points

2% milk is almost like drinking whole milk.

If you are an extreme ectomorph I see no reason not to include whole milk in your diet,if not,I would opt for skim.

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

Go for whole milk if you like the extra fat. Otherwise, drink skim and get extra calories elsewhere.
    Damn

Rep Points

Isn't whole milk lower on the G.I. scale than skim milk? The insulin response is less, right? I always stick to skim milk or 1%, when bulking or cutting. Whole milk, IMO, is too rich.
    -trHawT-

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

ive drank skim milk for so long, whole milk tastes like im drinking butter.
    Damn

Obsessed
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I drink 1-2%.
    Stats!
    23 years old, 5'11.5", 206 lbs., ~8% bodyfat

380/455/655 bench/squat/deadlift (current)
    405/495/675 bench/squat/deadlift (goals)

The M.J.H. Chronicles

Rep Points

Whole milk. And when I get back to cutting fats, I will opt out of Milk altogether. Skim tastes nasty to me.

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by sabre81
    ive drank skim milk for so long, whole milk tastes like im drinking butter.
    Isn't it amazing? My brothers think skim milk tastes like water, I think the milk they drink tastes like butter.

Rep Points

so 1,2% or skim seems to be the most choice.whats an ectomorph, sounds like a kids super hero character.been on the skim. i'll probally stick to that.

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by troubador
    so 1,2% or skim seems to be the most choice.whats an ectomorph, sounds like a kids super hero character.been on the skim. i'll probally stick to that.
    An ectomorph is what is known as a 'somatotype' - which is a classification system used in relation to the genetic basis of your 'body type' ... It is basically a way of catagorising you in terms of bone structure, natural muscle mass, metabolic rate, propensity to gain fat etc etc (and it actually goes as far as including things such as the shape of your fingers and the condition of your skin and hair!).

There are three basic somatotypes - Ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph (although it is a rare individual that is a perfect match to only one somatotype - it is much more complex that that and most people are a mixture)...

But ectomorps are those individuals that are naturally lean. They are what people think of when you talk about a typical 'hard gainer'. That is - Long lean limbs, small boned, small muscle bellies, have a hard time gaining muscle, but do not have a lot of fat on them either... Oh yeah - and they can eat enough to support a small army with no effect on their waistline!

Hence the comments along the lines of 'if you are an ectomorph then drink up'.

Monochromatic Bunny

Rep Points

Drink whole milk for cutting or bulking as long as it fits in your daily caloric plan.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I say 1-2% milk. I don't like the excess saturated fat in whole milk. It can't hurt since you are bulking, but I prefer 1-2% milk myself.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    An ectomorph is what is known as a 'somatotype' - which is a classification system used in relation to the genetic basis of your 'body type' ... It is basically a way of catagorising you in terms of bone structure, natural muscle mass, metabolic rate, propensity to gain fat etc etc (and it actually goes as far as including things such as the shape of your fingers and the condition of your skin and hair!).

There are three basic somatotypes - Ectomorph, mesomorph and endomorph (although it is a rare individual that is a perfect match to only one somatotype - it is much more complex that that and most people are a mixture)...

But ectomorps are those individuals that are naturally lean. They are what people think of when you talk about a typical 'hard gainer'. That is - Long lean limbs, small boned, small muscle bellies, have a hard time gaining muscle, but do not have a lot of fat on them either... Oh yeah - and they can eat enough to support a small army with no effect on their waistline!

Hence the comments along the lines of 'if you are an ectomorph then drink up'.
    Gees sounds like you quoted that right how of my proffesors notes lol!

Id say go 2% and down, no need for the extra sat fats in the diet. Plus just over doing it a little to much with whole milk leads to a whole load of cals and tons of fat!! I can easily drink a half gallon in one sitting...I think it would kill me though lol.
    "Only in dictionaries does SUCCESS come before WORK." -Alfred K. Henderson

Today I do what others will not so that tomorrow I can do what others cannot!

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by DeadBolt
    Gees sounds like you quoted that right how of my proffesors notes lol!
    Hee hee... Sorry - I tend to type like that sometimes! Maybe if I had of just said "it means you are a skinny bastard who gets to eat crap and still see your ribs"!

Rep Points

It probably was directly out of a book, or online reference. Cool, though.
    -trHawT-

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by trHawT
    It probably was directly out of a book, or online reference. Cool, though.
    umm, No... I am pretty sure (seeing as I typed it) that it was from neither...

I just type like that - check my other posts.

MP Minister of Pain!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    Hee hee... Sorry - I tend to type like that sometimes! Maybe if I had of just said "it means you are a skinny bastard who gets to eat crap and still see your ribs"!
    LMAO that could have worked. It was a really good post though, covered the subject pretty good....knowing what I know now I would post something like that just because I can heh...spent a few hours of class time just going over the 3.
    "Only in dictionaries does SUCCESS come before WORK." -Alfred K. Henderson

Today I do what others will not so that tomorrow I can do what others cannot!