• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

smoking

shawn32

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
How many of you smoked at one time or is smoking and trying to quit? I need help kicking this shit to the curb.....Any one with some advise?

shawn32 said:
Any one with some advise?

I smoke once in a while. Why? I don´t know, the media has its powers I guess. :)
If you do a search, there are a few threads about it in the Health Area. How much do you smoke?

I used to smoke 2 packs a day everyday. Started at the age of 15 and quit at 32.
What helped me the most was the patch, mentally I wanted to quit for my newborn son but physically it was hard. It's all them damn chemicals they put in it.
Now if only I can quit coffee the other drug.

Ditto... the patch. The patch takes care of the physical addiction, but not the mental addiction. In otherwords the patch will only work if your REALLY want to quit. I started at 16, and smoked 2-3 packs a day until I was 36. That was 12 years ago.

I smoked from 14 till 22. The only way I was able to quit was being physically unable to buy more. I was at sea for 2 months, and ran out after 3 weeks. Running helped me a lot, too. Definately try that.

I have been smoke free now for a couple years...the only thing that worked for me was cold turkey. If you can get through the first 3-4 days you got it beat...
...just 24 hours without a cigarette and you will feel so much better..cravings are only temporary .. willpower man!!!

good luck.

I just quit smoking...and drinking for that matter 1 month ago. Feeling great.

I quit cold turkey too. Actually, I purposly took the first week off school to quit. First fews days are killer. Physical withdwals were brutal for me but after that the "habit" part was a lot easier to deal with. Smoking while drinking was my biggest obstacle, so i just ditched both.

Its worth it.

Good luck

smoking after dinner good.
smoking after sex great.
Smoking while taking a shit ...priceless

Took a week off at work to remove the stresses from my life, then kept myself immersed in water for a week. You can't light those damn things underwater - they just won't burn. After eight days, I knew I had it whipped. But I still stayed out of the bars for three months. It's a tough habit to break - Ya gotta really wanna quit. Good luck!

IML Gear Cream!
I have found the best way to drop the habbit is to not hang out with smokers. All of my friends who have quit limited there time around smokers, or asked them not to do it around them. You have to have the right attitude. Stop buying packs, chew gun, and convince yourself to say or do something when you get the urge. I hope this helps

Ditto to Vega.
If you stay around the smokers, you will want to give in.
Same thing if you drink. When you have a few too many, you are going to go back to the habit. Stay away from the drink too until you kick it. But try to isolate yourself away from smokers to help you with the temptation.

Thats my problem everyone I hang with at work smokes....Luckily my wife dont smoke but its still a pain....

I used to smoke about 3/4 pack a day. When I decided to quit, I just cut back by 2 cigs each week. It wasn't that easy, but the gradual decline made it much more bearable.

I smoke about 4-5 packs a day currently.

j/k :laugh:
i smoked once when i was 13 and thought it was a waste of time & money.... never again after that

For me it was a commercial on a radio, a ten year old girl says "My dad always said he was going to quit smoking. He finally did, but it was to late, he died from cancer. I miss him, he was my best friend" I heard that and thought of my little girl and started balling on my way to work in stopped traffic, I got quite a few strange looks but oh well. Crumpled up the pack of cigarettes, chucked it out the window and haven't touched one since. I had smoked 2+ packs a day for 15 years, and hundreds of failed attempts to quit.

All you need to do is find your motivation.

I smoked for a few years, but never more than 1-1.5 packs in a week. I just stopped one day because I realized it's dirty, smells bad, and is detrimental to my health. I still smoke marijuana pretty frequently (In extreme moderation), and the occasional cigar (2-3 times per year), but no cigarettes.

Damn Babsie I hate to see my lungs now....But thanx to all you guys for all your help..Just got to do it thats just it...My daughter is always saying I stink LOL...Yeah
pmech I have heard that commerical before, then my wife looks at me and saids there's your daughter...I know I could make better gains if I quit....Again everyone thanx...

I had to stop smoking. The cost of cig's was hurting my crack habit.

BoneCrusher said:
The cost of cig's was hurting my crack habit.
I hope you pronounced habit right. I have never heard of any of my friends with a crack addiction.

Back