Green tea..

Thread: Green tea..

Rep Points

Green tea..

I drink Green tea on Carb days for health and keep body fat down, but is it still worth drinking when cutting with low carb high fat diet, even tho green tea is known to reduce the ability to consume/ absorb fat in the stomach as well as burn body fat!?!

Thanks

Justin

Rep Points

My aerobics instructor just started drinking green tea and she found it gives her the runs. Gross! But it does have benefits and you can pick up info on-line. I have a hand held Guide to Green Tea I picked up at the Pharmacy chain. Has a lot of usefull info.

mmmm weights..

Rep Points

i green tea. Its always worth drinkin in my opinion. Like i said in another post a second ago, the theophylline in green tea acts as a diuretic, helping to rid the body of excess water. So if your cutting, drink all the water you can handle, and drink you green tea!

oh and btw, whats with the low card high FAT diet ?
    Damn

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

I would drink green tea daily not just on carb days. green tea is a great antioxidant and does help to increase lipolysis...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

I never knew these things about green tea. I'll have to try some; it's been a long time.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Rep Points

Sabre:
    When cutting carbs I need to keep cals up, which means good fats have to go up also... as well as Protein...
    I'm basically trying out a carb rotation...

Tom_B

Rep Points

I need at least 2 cups of green tea to get through the day, I love the stuff and it's really healthy so drink some up everyday, no matter what your diet looks like for that day.

Rep Points

Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition & supplement information presented on IronMagazineForums.com's pages is intended as an educational resource and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website. As well as any exercise technique or regimen, diet, supplement, etc., particularly if you are pregnant or nursing, or if you are elderly or have chronic or recurring medical conditions. Discontinue any exercise that causes you pain or severe discomfort and consult a medical expert. The statements made about products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (U.S.). They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any condition or disease. Please consult with your own physician or health care practitioner regarding the suggestions and recommendations made at IronMagazineForums.com. Neither the author of the information, nor the producer, nor distributors of such information make any warranty of any kind in regard to the content of the information presented on this website. Except as specifically stated on this site, neither IronMagazineForums.com, nor any of its authors or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of, or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties. Sponsors pay for advertising space, we have no affiliation with the companies that have banners displayed on our websites. Please be advised it is your responsibility to check the laws that govern your country, state, or province in regards to items offered by some companies you may read about on this site.

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Interesting read. Short, but informative. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the metabolic increase is solely due to the caffeine, or if the benefit is still seen in decaffeinated green tea? I prefer to avoid caffeine. Caffeine makes me fidgety and antsy.

1RM Videos

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    Interesting read. Short, but informative. Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if the metabolic increase is solely due to the caffeine, or if the benefit is still seen in decaffeinated green tea? I prefer to avoid caffeine. Caffeine makes me fidgety and antsy.
    ditto. i can't stand caffeine.

Rep Points

My dad (and,ironically my stepfather...) went to Japan right after he graduated to teach. He explained to me one time why he started drinking green tea "When I was in Japan, the Japanese ate, they smoked, they drank and they drank green tea and they all lived to be 90". An exgeration, but my father is 46, he smokes, drinks, drinks his green tea, does his Tai Chi, doesn't eat meat, didnt have glasses until he was 41 and still doesn't have a grey hair on him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS RUN
    RUN DOS RUN

C:\mps\colonization\colonization

Acting Normal...

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by CowPimp
    It is not just the caffine in green tea that helps with your metabolism - it is also to do with another compound it contains, a polyphenol known as EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate). So you still get the effect without the caffine (although it will have a synergistic effect if taken with the caffine)...

Some articles if you are interested:
    Study about Green tea and thermogenesis

Modulation of obesity by a green tea catechin

Study on the efficacy of a green tea extract in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation

And a little more info:
    Modulation of Endocrine Systems and Food Intake by Green Tea Epigallocatechin Gallate

Rep Points

awesome info emma-leigh!

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Emma-Leigh
    It is not just the caffine in green tea that helps with your metabolism - it is also to do with another compound it contains, a polyphenol known as EGCG (Epigallocatechin Gallate). So you still get the effect without the caffine (although it will have a synergistic effect if taken with the caffine)...

Some articles if you are interested:
    Study about Green tea and thermogenesis

Modulation of obesity by a green tea catechin

Study on the efficacy of a green tea extract in increasing 24-h energy expenditure and fat oxidation

And a little more info:
    Modulation of Endocrine Systems and Food Intake by Green Tea Epigallocatechin Gallate
    Very informative. Thanks much.

1RM Videos

Rep Points

tea

green tea is good, but WHITE tea is the daddy guys........

Ian