IronMagLabs Osta Rx

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

my parents are pissing me off....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Rep Points

my parents are pissing me off....

So my parents came home for the weekend (they live away from me and my brother because my mom works in another city, so we live by ourselves in our house) and all weekend long my mom keeps telling me how much my food stinks and gives me all these weird looks when I cook things like egg whites or whatever. And to top it all off, yesterday she told me that I looked terrible. I think her exact words were "I think you look terrible right now". Like who the fuck does she think she is?!? I should have told her that she's looking so fat lately that I need to get her one of those beeping things for when she backs up....errr. She just hates the whole girls actually having muscles look and thinks a girl should be soft and blah blah blah. Like I agree with her that it doesn't look good when a girls so ripped up she could be a man or insanely huge, but i'm NO WHERE near that, i'm decently lean, but nothing like people who compete. How do you guys deal with people like that? ....ahhh, sorry, just needed to vent to someone...luckily they're gone in 2 days....

thanks for listening! haha,
    BerryBlis

Rep Points

fuck em...who cares what they think..
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

Cheerfully Offensive

Rep Points

You'll always get family members and/or friends that just don't understand. I either ignore em or tell them to fuck off. Depends on my mood/their importance to my current financial well being.
    The lions sing and the hills take flight.
    The moon by day, and the sun by night.
    Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool.
    Let the Lord of Chaos rule.

popping pills while Im carrying HEat so that the effects are in 3D when I splatter your BeaK
    Rep Points

flex your glutes and make her feel how hard they are

Pull up master

Rep Points

Respect your elders ! ! !

She's your mom, cut her some slack and put up with it. It's not hurting you.
    In fact, if she is heavy, you should invite her to the gym. Tell her you were reading some articles about heavy people have more health problems when they get older (which is true) and you are worried about her health.

Then you could invite her to go to the gym. She probably won't go, but she will won't bring it up again.
    Quitters never win, and winners never quit ! ! !

Who says big guys can't do pull ups ?

Wide grip, behind the neck:

. 37 @ 182 lbs
    . 33 @ 198 lbs

Tom_B

Rep Points

My mom ALWAYS yells at me for the food I cook, I have to sneak my boccoli in the house and after I cook it I use like half an air freshner can, it pisses me off. Although she dsoen't complain about how I look she's happy I'm trying to gain some weight, although she does keep going on about how she "hopes that one day I won't have to eat so much protein" I was like do you not understand anything women?

I "Bai lei tai"

Rep Points

This thread is terrible. Your mother would probably die any death to save you, and you are disrespecting her. So she picks at you for your food, or disagrees with how you should look, big deal.

Is she always terrible to you? Does she never show you love and affection? If she is, then I'm sorry for ragging on you. But if she isn't, than think about this: How would you feel if she died tomorrow? Or tonight? Would you be satisfied with the last words you spoke? Would you feel guilty for what you posted here?

Life stops. It ends without warning. Don't be the person wracked with guilt because the last words and thoughts you had were mean. Talk to her. Tell her how you feel. Respect her, she is your mother. Be open, be honest. You might not have another chance.

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we REACT to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the ATTITUDE we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a CHAIN REACTION of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst... a spark that creates EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS."

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Are you lifting and eating right for you? Or for your mom?

Just curious.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMirkin
    You'll always get family members and/or friends that just don't understand. I either ignore em or tell them to fuck off. Depends on my mood/their importance to my current financial well being.
    Lol, that's great. It's just so frustrating. Like here I work so hard at this and she is being totally disrespectful. And both of my parents smoke, and do I give them looks and tell them how much they stink everytime they come into the house...noo... whatever, I was thinking more about it this morning and I think I'm just going to look for my own place. It's my last year of university so I'd have to start paying rent next year anyway. And this way it's MY own place and they can't just come and go as they please.

Anyway thanks for all your advice! Definetely gave me a laugh! - and made me feel better

BerryBlis

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by adrien_j9
    This thread is terrible. Your mother would probably die any death to save you, and you are disrespecting her. So she picks at you for your food, or disagrees with how you should look, big deal.

Is she always terrible to you? Does she never show you love and affection? If she is, then I'm sorry for ragging on you. But if she isn't, than think about this: How would you feel if she died tomorrow? Or tonight? Would you be satisfied with the last words you spoke? Would you feel guilty for what you posted here?

Life stops. It ends without warning. Don't be the person wracked with guilt because the last words and thoughts you had were mean. Talk to her. Tell her how you feel. Respect her, she is your mother. Be open, be honest. You might not have another chance.

chill out dude, what you said has nothing to do with her post

It was about them being disrepectful and making her feel bad after her hard work....

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

how old are you berryblis? you said that you dont live with them so clearly you are old enough to make your own decisions. im sure they have good intentions and only want whats best for you but i hate it when people form uneducated opinions about things. perhaps you should explain to them why you eat and do the things you do. in the end, how you live your life should be your choice and no one elses. live your life to make you happy, not someone else.

Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Where is that post about the f'd up report card? The one where the daughter left mom that note?

Good Enough Never Is

Rep Points

Tell her that you are sorry that you don't make all of your decisions in life the exact way that she would. Ask her why it is that girls are supposed to have a soft, non-muscular look. Ask her where it is written and ask her if she realizes that she is conforming to a socially constructed body image of women. Tell her that you appreciate her support in your athletic endevours. Lay the sarcasm on thick and she will feel like an ass. I have no tolerance for people that criticize people like us for the DEDICATION that we have. My dad's constant comment is "Jared, you have created such a high maintence body". Ya, dad, no shit! I obviously put hard work into getting here and I obviously know how to put the work into staying here and going beyond.

Then again, that is my opinion. I could be wrong.
    5'8 1/2, 225lbs

Your M1T Info Source

Dream as though you'll live forever,
    Live each day like it's you last.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Tomorrow is never promised.

Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Purdue Power
    Then again, that is my opinion. I could be wrong.
    I miss Miller's show on HBO. It was good.

I could not ever imagine talking to my mom in a way that would be hurtful. If I had the chance (my mom died unexpectedly when I was 17) to put up with crap from her I would.

When ever she did get on my nerves over something I just told her "Mom you're overboard on this ... please give me some space on this one OK?" and she did as long as I was not hurting myself or being a sh!t to someone else. I was respectful and not demanding, and it always worked.

Pull up master

Rep Points

BC and Adrien,

I am with both of you. BC, I did what you have done. Mom did not mean any harm, she just did not understand.

My mom died unexpectedly 7 years back and I am really glad I was always nice to her. My brother gave her the f*** off attitude. Now he has to live with it the rest of his life. It just eats at him every time he thinks about it.

The bible tells us to respect our elders. It doesn't mean to do everything they say when they are wrong. God knows that after they are gone, you will think back on the relationship that you had with them. If it was bad or damaged, it will nag at you forever.
    Quitters never win, and winners never quit ! ! !

Who says big guys can't do pull ups ?

Wide grip, behind the neck:

. 37 @ 182 lbs
    . 33 @ 198 lbs

Rep Points

Hey,

I'm 20 years old (21 in december...yahh...lol) so I'm old enough to make my own decisions on it. And i'm not trying to disrespect her, I love her because she's my mom and i know she's only worried, but I just wish she would respect what I am trying to do (with working out and being healthy and stuff) and not make me feel uncomfortable and like some sort of freak whenever I'm cooking/working out etc. She asked me why I can't eat normal meal (when I was cooking veggies and tuna) and it was just like what they hell would you call a normal meal? She said a plate of spaghetti... which yah, although it's not the end of the world, a huge plate of white carbs isn't exactly what I want....and how are veggies and tuna not real foods? But then her idea of a good snack is a bag of rice chips...so I guess that's the logic behind it. Just bothers me that I spend so much time trying to learn about nutrition and stuff and she's basically telling me I'm a moron. Oh well, guess everyone has someone in their lives like this...

BerryBlis

I "Bai lei tai"

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by myCATpowerlifts
    chill out dude, what you said has nothing to do with her post

It was about them being disrepectful and making her feel bad after her hard work....
    I'm a girl. Okay, that's fixed. Now...I think what my post said has everything to do with her post. Berry is upset with her parents and being a bit disrespectful. I'm not saying that she should conform to her parent's beliefs at all, I was offering a different outlook. I believe she would regret her harsh words if ever something happened to her mom. Sometimes people get so mobbed up in emotions that they don't realize their words or their surroundings - as in what they have. It's the classic, "you don't know what you have until it's gone," I think what I wrote was a friendly reminder to recognize the gifts before her, not sweat the small stuff, and continue with her own beliefs. Afterall, what does it matter what anyone else thinks about her lifting? She is doing it for herself, no one else. It doesn't matter if her mom approves or even understands.

"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us, but how we REACT to what happens; not by what life brings to us, but by the ATTITUDE we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a CHAIN REACTION of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst... a spark that creates EXTRAORDINARY RESULTS."

Rep Points

I think todays youth has lost respect for thier parents and their views. It's fine you disagree but grow up. Explain to her what your doing is healthy. Move the conversation away from muscle and towards health and fitness. Explain that what your doing and how your eating makes you a much healthier individual and makes you feel good about yourself. Her opinion is old school mom stuff and you need to live with it and show the woman some respect. Just smile and say ok mom.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by oaktownboy
    fuck em...who cares what they think..
    and oakster, oakster, oakster,, young man... I hope you didn't really mean that.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by BoneCrusher
    Where is that post about the f'd up report card? The one where the daughter left mom that note?
    HAHAHA. That would be perfect here.

Lift or Die
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Found it ... thanks go to Albob ...

Quote Originally Posted by ALBOB
    A mother passing by her daughter's bedroom was astonished to see the
    bed was nicely made and everything was picked up. Then she saw an
    envelope propped up prominently on the center of the bed. It was addressed, "Mom."
    With the worst premonition, she opened the envelope and read the
    letter with trembling hands:

Dear Mom, It is with great regret and sorrow that I'm writing you. I
    had to elope with my new boyfriend because I wanted to avoid a scene
    with Dad and you. I've been finding real passion with John and he is
    so nice even with all his piercing, tattoos, beard, and his
    motorcycle clothes. But it's not only the passion mom, I'm pregnant
    and John said that we would be very happy. He already owns a trailer
    in the woods and has a stack of firewood for the whole winter. He
    wants to have many more children with me and that's now one of my dreams too. John taught me that marijuana doesn't really hurt anyone and we'll be growing it for us and trading it with his friends for all the cocaine and ecstasy we want. In the meantime, we'll pray that science will find a cure for AIDS so John can get better; he sure deserves it! Don't worry Mom, I'm 15 years old now and I know how to take care of myself. Some day I'm sure we'll be back to visit so you can get to know your grandchildren.

Your daughter,
    Brooke

PS: Mom, none of the above is true. I'm over at the neighbor's
    house. I just wanted to remind you that there are worse things in life than my report card, which is in my desk drawer. I love you! Call when it is safe for me to come home.

Cheerfully Offensive

Rep Points

"Respect your elders." = bullshit.

We're all human beings. Respect those who show you respect. If you mouth off or turn your nose up at me, then I don't care if you're 9 or 90, you gonna hear what I got to say. Everyone deserves respect, stop making excuses for those old farts.

Cheerfully Offensive

Rep Points

Oh and BerryBlis, do you require any assistance?

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm
    and oakster, oakster, oakster,, young man... I hope you didn't really mean that.
    crap old man caught me...j/k how ya doing fire? hows the family?
    Chuck Norris once lost his keys and couldn't remember where he put them. So he tortured himself for half an hour until he gave up their location.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by oaktownboy
    crap old man caught me...j/k how ya doing fire? hows the family?
    HAHAHAHA good one Oak. Everything is great man. Family is doing great and training is back on track as well. How the hell have you been old friend. Or should I say "young" friend. lol Miss chatting with you.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMirkin
    "Respect your elders." = bullshit.

We're all human beings. Respect those who show you respect. If you mouth off or turn your nose up at me, then I don't care if you're 9 or 90, you gonna hear what I got to say. Everyone deserves respect, stop making excuses for those old farts.

1st off dork, were NOT talking about ELDERS (know that little comment was directed toward me being YOUR elder), were talking about PARENTS. So if you talk to your parents this way that explains why your face looks like its been slapped silly about 10,000 times and it just hangs off that elongated cranium of yours.

Max you ugly little troll, I told you before and I'll tell you again. don't quote me, don't talk to me just ignore my post as I ignore you. GOT IT?????? I have no use for you ya little snot nose punk with that droopy dopey elongated face of yours, nor do I care about anything you have to say. Do not respond or comment about ANYTHING I say. Or I'll talk to Robert D about having your scrawny ass BANNED for constantly starting shit with me.
    Last edited by firestorm; 10-10-2004 at 04:12 AM.

Registered Abuser

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by firestorm

1st off dork, were NOT talking about ELDERS (know that little comment was directed toward me being YOUR elder), were talking about PARENTS. So if you talk to your parents this way that explains why your face looks like its been slapped silly about 10,000 times and it just hangs off that elongated cranium of yours.

Max you ugly little troll, I told you before and I'll tell you again. don't quote me, don't talk to me just ignore my post as I ignore you. GOT IT?????? I have no use for you ya little snot nose punk with that droopy dopey elongated face of yours, nor do I care about anything you have to say. Do not respond or comment about ANYTHING I say. Or I'll talk to Robert D about having your scrawny ass BANNED for constantly starting shit with me.
    LOL LOL LOL

Tom_B

Rep Points

I'm with max, respecting your elders/parent's = bullshit

Respect is a two way street, you show me respect and I'll show you respect.
    My mom is ALWAYS bitching at someone in my family for something, whether it be my 9 year old sister because her hair looks "greasy" and she yelling like hell at telling her she's gonna chop off all her hair so she can look like a little boy instead of some greasy little girl she's ashamed of while my sisters bawling her eyes out, or whether it be she's yelling at me because the power bill is $700 (even though I never leave my lights or tv on, and am constantly turning off her an dmy father's tv and light's they leave on the night before when I wake up), but apparently "it's alright for her and dad to leave their tv on for 48 hours straight because thier adults and they pay the bills, but since where the children we do what they say, when they say it", her exact words. There are times when she can be a good mother and be there if I need her but for the majority she makes every ones life hell in this house, How can I have respect for someone like that?
    I know she's my mother, and a part of me will always love her, but at the same time I can never respect her.

Rep Points

Hey,

Yah, I totally agree. Like if parents want you to respect them, shouldn't they respect you too? Or is it a one way street, they're older than you so they can dish out crap but you just gotta sit there and take it cuz they're more "elder" than you....I'm 20 years old, not a little kid anymore, I can make my own decisions.

BerryBlis

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Yeah Berry, Im feelin ya on this one too. Im 21
    "Love to be real, it must cost- it must hurt- it must empty us of self."
    - Mother Teresa

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast