Measurements?!?

Thread: Measurements?!?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Question Measurements?!?

My friends and I have been eating right and working out consistently for a month or two now. We work out together as often as we can and have one day a week were we weigh and take our measurements to track our progress. However, one of my friends met with a trainer who told her that we shouldn't be measuring that often, that we should only be doing it every 3 or 4 MONTHS. Is that true???

Follow @TheUnzippedFly

Rep Points

well you won't see significant measuring changes each week, so you might want to do it once a month instead or something like that.
    Age: 22 | Height: 5'8" | Weight: 150 lbs | Penis: 12 inches

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Measuring too often gets me down if you are looking for significant changes. It took me months for my biceps to finally grow.

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LuckiGirl79
    My friends and I have been eating right and working out consistently for a month or two now. We work out together as often as we can and have one day a week were we weigh and take our measurements to track our progress. However, one of my friends met with a trainer who told her that we shouldn't be measuring that often, that we should only be doing it every 3 or 4 MONTHS. Is that true???
    tape measurements can be deceiving especially if you are new to resistance training. when you first start working out it is very common to gain muscle very rapidly so essential your measurements can stay the same while your body composition is actually changing. you can gain muscle and lose fat while staying the same size and/or weight...

getting your body fat checked once a month is a much better option than using the tape...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.