NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Feet Hurt Doing Calves

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Feet Hurt Doing Calves

When I do calves, any machine, my feet give out before my calves do. I get a real bad burning in the middle of my foot that makes me have to stop. What's up with that, is that normal?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...

Rep Points

I used to get that, not anymore though. I just battled thru it.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

Make sure that your toes are on the platform enough that you aren't straining the foot/toes, and I also dont abuse the weight and bounce it around because thats a good way to get a foot injury. You could also aim for lower reps for awhile.

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thanks guys. Maybe my foot is isn't on the platform far enough. I usually keep it so just the ball of my feet are on it. I'm careful about the bouncing, always do it slow and controlled.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by rock4832
    Thanks guys. Maybe my foot is isn't on the platform far enough. I usually keep it so just the ball of my feet are on it. I'm careful about the bouncing, always do it slow and controlled.
    That is about the same way I put my feet on the platform, or should I say piece of wood on my basement floor. The muscles in your foot may just be lagging. As long as it's lactic acid burn you're feeling and not pain, just work through it.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's definately lactic acid. I may be a wimp, I can work through it for so long and then I feel like they're going to explode, LOL. Guess I got girly foot muscles

Fueled by Testosterone

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by rock4832
    It's definately lactic acid. I may be a wimp, I can work through it for so long and then I feel like they're going to explode, LOL. Guess I got girly foot muscles
    They will catch up eventually. I used to get that feeling a little bit, but not to the extent you are.
    The only time it's bad to feel the burn is when you're peeing...

CowPimp Likes Iron - My Journal
    1RM Videos

Rep Points

Does it hurt more at the top or bottom of the movement?
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

UNLEASH THE BEAST
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

It's through the whole movement once it starts hurting. My feet feel like they are going to explode.