• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Controlling guns??

ZECH

Founder of GOSB
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
When the gun control crowd goes on its tirade they site the countries that don???t allow its citizens to own guns and how the crime rate in those countries are lower than ours.

Funny thing is they always leave out Switzerland, where
ex-military people are required to keep a gun. Switzerland???s crime rate is extremely low, despite the massive amount of guns there.

The real reason that the crime rate is so low is that the Swiss just don???t put up with crime. They simply will not tolerate it. We could learn a lesson from them.

For some reason this nation has been led down the primrose path of simplistic thinking when it comes to placing blame. Cigarettes cause cancer, blame the tobacco company, not the smoker.

Now I know cigarettes are killers and goodness knows I???m not taking up for the tobacco companies, but let???s face it, who is to blame? The people who make the cigarette or the person who smokes it?

If you drink a jug of battery acid do you sue the manufacturer?
After all, the warning is right on the package. Well the warning
about the harm cigarettes can do to you is right on the package too.

If you shut down every tobacco company in America people would still find a way to smoke. There would be a thriving black market.

The same thing is true of guns.

Let???s be sensible. Who is causing all the trouble with guns now?
Criminals of course, the majority of which have been in prison, many of them on some parole program or other and they are forbidden by law to own or possess a gun. So what is one more gun law going to mean to them? They???re breaking the law already by just having a gun, much less using one.

Do you know where to buy an Uzi submachine gun? You probably don???t and I don???t either. But odds are that your neighborhood drug pusher does.(Although we have one at my PD)

All the laws in the world can???t bend a person bent on violence
from carrying it out. They???ll use a knife or a brickbat if they have too.

If we truly want to stop the violence in America we have to get the violent people off the street and keep them off.

Too many plea bargains, too many repeat offenders, too much protecting the rights of violent criminals while ignoring the rights of their innocent victims.

Lock up the criminals, not the guns.

How many political posts are you planning on today DG? All that copying and pasting must be tiring.

Robert DiMaggio said:
my stand on gun control is very simple, the only type of guns that should be allowed by citizens (as in non-law enforcment people) is hunting rifles, period.
I never figured you as a gun control person :(

Robert DiMaggio said:
my stand on gun control is very simple, the only type of guns that should be allowed by citizens (as in non-law enforcment people) is hunting rifles, period.
What about the Anti-Aircraft Missile Launchers? How is one supposed to hunt those tasty bald eagles without them? :confused:

Robert DiMaggio said:
If I ever witnessed anyone shooting an eagle or a hawk I would punch them in the face.
Isn't it enough that they're being shot at? You are a truly cruel man. :p

Robert DiMaggio said:
in your profession I would think you would be in favor of it.
Why would I be? The criminals that have them have them illegally. Gun control is not going to stop them from using them or getting them. It only stops law abiding people like me.

Let's face it, it's too late to bring about gun control. If you ban weapons a lot law abiding citizens would surrender their guns while criminals run around armed to the teeth. If you're not a criminal or mentally ill and are responsible I see no reason why you shouldn't be allowed to own firearms.
Of course there should be strict enforcement of existing gun laws....

Last edited:
IML Gear Cream!
I want a gun. Seems like it's be fun to own one. My father in law (retired cop) would be happy to teach me how to shoot.

I Are Baboon said:
I want a gun. Seems like it's be fun to own one. My father in law (retired cop) would be happy to teach me how to shoot.
LOL, you could have had a couple for what you probably paid for that snow thrower!

dg806 said:
Why would I be? The criminals that have them have them illegally. Gun control is not going to stop them from using them or getting them. It only stops law abiding people like me.

yeah, but cops continue to fight drugs, what is the point of that?

Guns don't need to be controlled, people do.

redspy said:
Of course there should be strict enforcement of existing gun laws....

And THAT is a major point of all the pro-gun groups in the country. The laws are already on the books, they just aren't being enforced.

Robert DiMaggio said:
yeah, but cops continue to fight drugs, what is the point of that?
The drugs are outlawed! Yet they get them and deal them. If you outlaw guns, the same thing applies. Only the law abiding will not have them, then crime can really run rampant.

gun control

Media bias or no media bias. You tell me.

About 8 years ago Florida passed a bill that allowed all people the right to carry a concealed weapon.

Within the next 6 months, the media reported (front page news) that crime had increased by something like 100% on foreigners driving rented cars coming out of airports. This was touted as being a direct result of the gun law change.

What they did not tell you (the sin of ommission) is that overall crime rate had decreased by 35% - 40%.

Now lets see what really happened and why. Overall crime had decreased significantly since crooks never knew who had a gun in their car or on under their belt. They would not want to rob someone who could defend themselves. But crime on people leaving airports in rented cars had increased because these people had a rental car (no guns in there) and they had just come thru airport metal detectors (nu guns on planes).

So in a nutshell, the media hates guns and is going to tout anything that gives the impression that gun ownership is bad. So they only pick out one statistic that looks bad and ignore the overall statistics.

Yellow journalism at its best trying to shape public opinion.

Robert DiMaggio said:

what about for home protection ? rifles are not effective for this. so now only the bad guys have hand guns...how is that going to lower the violent crime rate ?

dg806 said:
LOL, you could have had a couple for what you probably paid for that snow thrower!

Dammit, it is a snow BLOWER. A snow thrower costs half of what I spent. :D

LAM said:
what about for home protection ? rifles are not effective for this. so now only the bad guys have hand guns...how is that going to lower the violent crime rate ?

I would love to hear that stats on when a gun is successfully used for home protection, probably hardly ever.

also when you take into account the number of accidents that happen with pistols at home due to domestic violence and children, is it really worth it?

IML Gear Cream!
Robert DiMaggio said:
I would love to hear that stats on when a gun is successfully used for home protection, probably hardly ever.

also when you take into account the number of accidents that happen with pistols at home due to domestic violence and children, is it really worth it?
Robert,

Deaths are easier to track since they always need to be reported. Self defense does not need to be reported, but here is a link to some newspaper articles that were published.

https://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcInfoBase.asp?CatID=43

Here is an summary of so called "accidental deaths" that is put out by the NRA. It also contains the political distortions that spin miesters use. They include all kids under 21 as kids, including gang members.

I included the link for your reference. But NRA numbers are 1.2 accidental deaths every 4 days.

[size=-1]Also, if you keep in mind the dramatic decrease in crime in Flordia (one of many), you can see that guns do indeed deter crime, even if not used.
[/size][size=-1][/size]
[size=-1]Firearm accidents among "children": Handgun Control (now Brady Campaign) president, Michael Barnes, and longtime anti-gun senator Ted Kennedy (D-Mass.) have teamed up to allege that 12 children die from gun accidents every day. President Bill Clinton campaigned for so-called "triggerlock" and "smart" gun laws, claiming that 13 children are killed with guns every day. Hillary Clinton said, "Every day in America we lose 13 precious children to gun-related violence." The HELP Network recently put the figure at "an average of 9 children" daily. Other "gun control" advocates have varyingly claimed 5,000 per year, 14 per day, or one every 90 seconds. In fact, on average there are 1.2 such deaths among children per day, including one accidental death every four days. The phony figures are produced by adding the relatively small number of firearm-related deaths among children to the much larger number of deaths among juveniles and young adults under the age of 20, and dishonestly calling the total "children." Sometimes, anti-gunners have counted anyone under the age of 24 as a "child" to get an even higher number. (For details, see www.nraila.org, click "research," "firearm safety," "Not 12 Per Day.")[/size]

http://www.nraila.org//issues/factsheets/read.aspx?id=120

The other issue with gun control is that when the citizens have no guns, the government is free to do whatever they want. The people have no ability to fight back. Our founding fathers came from Europe and kings and did not want to repeat that situation.

Hitler disarmed his people too. (and a list of other dictators of which I do not have handy now)
Mexico has gun control there. Do you feel safer there ?

milliman said:
gun control

Media bias or no media bias. You tell me.

About 8 years ago Florida passed a bill that allowed all people the right to carry a concealed weapon.

Within the next 6 months, the media reported (front page news) that crime had increased by something like 100% on foreigners driving rented cars coming out of airports. This was touted as being a direct result of the gun law change.

What they did not tell you (the sin of ommission) is that overall crime rate had decreased by 35% - 40%.

Now lets see what really happened and why. Overall crime had decreased significantly since crooks never knew who had a gun in their car or on under their belt. They would not want to rob someone who could defend themselves. But crime on people leaving airports in rented cars had increased because these people had a rental car (no guns in there) and they had just come thru airport metal detectors (nu guns on planes).

So in a nutshell, the media hates guns and is going to tout anything that gives the impression that gun ownership is bad. So they only pick out one statistic that looks bad and ignore the overall statistics.

Yellow journalism at its best trying to shape public opinion.
Best post to date there Mill! And I will personally shoot anyone who dares to argue that ... with Max's rocket launcher (you will loan that to me right Max?)

Robert DiMaggio said:

This definitely seems out of character for you.

I'm with the Libertarians when it comes to gun control. Gun bans only effect people who abide by laws...NOT CRIMINALS. End of story.

Robert DiMaggio said:

Yup...its worth it

milliman said:
The other issue with gun control is that when the citizens have no guns, the government is free to do whatever they want.
Do you really believe that just because you have a handgun and perhaps a 12 gauge under your bed you can defend yourself against the might of the government, law enforcement and military? I'm in favor of gun ownership but I've never bought this argument. The government does what it wants to with some minor accountability every four years.

Var said:
This definitely seems out of character for you.

I'm with the Libertarians when it comes to gun control. Gun bans only effect people who abide by laws...NOT CRIMINALS. End of story.

I never claimed to be of any party.

Couple things:

1) We dont need to have gun control, we need to have bullet control. We need to control the bullets in this country. Every bullet should cost $5,000, 'cause if a bullet cost $5,000, there would be no more innocent bystanders.

2) Watch Bowling for Columbine. Guns aren't dangerous, American society is.

3) Guns don't kill people, kids who play videogames kill people.

19990414l.jpg

While gun crime is rising over here in this country, i am currently a lot more concerned about the sharp rise in idiots with driving licences.

Seriously, what is the difference between a bullet and a car? They're both chunks of metal that can go at rapid speed, and are incredibly dangerous in the hands of a moron.

Back