IronMagLabs

What is the best anti-inflammatory?

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Question What is the best anti-inflammatory?

I have scar tissuse in my shoulder from recent surgery and need a good anit-inflammatory to take regularly. Naproxen hasn't been cutting it lately. Any ideas?
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

Back from the dead

Rep Points

As far as NSAID's go, have you ever tried Etodolac? I know it's good for treating tendinitis and other soft tissue injuries. Were you taking perscription strength Naproxen or naproxen sodium?

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by PirateFromHell
    I have scar tissuse in my shoulder from recent surgery and need a good anit-inflammatory to take regularly. Naproxen hasn't been cutting it lately. Any ideas?
    Indicin is good, strong stuff. It could be rough on your stomach though. You could always up your dose of Naprocin, too. I should actually have some anti-inflammatories that I dont take anymore laying around. I now take Azulfadine, a disease modifying anti-reheumatic drug, or a DMARD. A little bit different than a simple non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, or NSAID.

BTW, Ive also had real real good experiences with Celebrex and Vioxx.

The Pimp Juice

Rep Points

imo if u r going for nsaids, celebrex is the best. vioxx was the best but they took it off the market (blood clots). just take 2 in the morning and it will provide a days worth of pain relief. also, check this out too: http://activerelease.com/

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Vise
    also, check this out too: http://activerelease.com/
    You ever used this? Looks interesting.

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thanks. I will have to try celebrex. I was taking otc Naproxen Sodium. It is the same stuff as the prescription, just half the strength. I usually take 3 in the morning and two at night. Lately, I have been taking 800 mg of ibuprofen after workouts, too. Pain isn't the problem. I just don't want it to inflamed.
    Disclaimer: All health, fitness, diet, nutrition, anabolic steroid & supplement information posted here is intended for educational and informational purposes only, and is not intended as a substitute for proper medical advice from a medical doctor. We do not condone the use of anabolic steroids (AAS), all information about AAS is for educational and entertainment purposes only. If you choose to use AAS it's your responsibility to know the laws of the country that you live in. Consult your physician or health care professional before performing any of the exercises, or following any diet, nutrition or supplement advice described on this website.

How to Use HCG

Rehabing to the Max

Rep Points

Correct me if Im wrong, but I think that Ibuprofen as well as other NSAIDS actually weaken ligaments

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I have read that they might blunt the signals that guide anabolism in muscles, but I don't know about weakening ligaments. I sure as hell hope not!

How to Use HCG

The Pimp Juice

Rep Points

i haven't tried a.r.t. (yet) but have heard some really good stuff from a friend who tried it. i read a few articles, talked to a few people and it looks to be pretty solid. if it works as well as they say, it would definately be worth the cash. anyway, it was just a suggestion and that's all i know about it. a good thing to bring up in a post maybe.

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

All thoughtful input is always appreciated. Thanks Vise.

How to Use HCG

Non Compost Mentis

Rep Points

Not to see many things, not to hear many things, not to permit many things to come close - first imperative of prudence, first proof that one is no mere accident but a necessity.

Friedrich Nietzsche - Ecce Homo

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dante B.
    Good call. Flax seed oil is good too, it helps a lot with my arthritis pains. Check this out - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/other28.htm

Fighting Endometriosis

Rep Points

http://www.antiaging-health.org/737_6.htm

If Naproxen was working before, maybe ask your doctor for a higher dose?
    Don't hate the player, hate the game!http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/...the%20wave.GIF
    Before you talk about what you want - appreciate what you have.

http://home.earthlink.net/~gwcaton/s...ctures/tmf.jpg
    A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband. -Honore de Balzac
    Desire+Consistency='s RESULTS

www.Bodyfactoryllc.com

Rep Points

DMSO with crushed aspirin cures just about anything... also get ultrasound on it 2-3 times a week to break up scar tissue.

Back from the dead

Rep Points

Personally, heroin has always cured all of my aches and pains...

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BabsieGirl
    http://www.antiaging-health.org/737_6.htm

If Naproxen was working before, maybe ask your doctor for a higher dose?
    Why get a script when you can buy the same thing OTC and pop a few of 'em. I think I'll ask the doc for a script of celebrex and see how that goes. My surgery was only about 7 weeks ago, so it may improve with time.

How to Use HCG

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

what is your Omega 3 intake at right now ?
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

The Great One
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Dante B.
    Bump. I was going to mention this.

Gatekepper
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by LAM
    what is your Omega 3 intake at right now ?
    I usually take 3-6 grams of Omega 3 Oil caps a day. I know it isn't much, but I don't eat much fat either. I recently cut back becaue it was giving me acne. Of course, I was taking it with CLA and Sesathin. I think there was something about that combo that gave me bad acne. I eat fish about once a week, too. I think I'll up the Omega 3 and Flax. My shoulder seems to be improving, so the problem may pass with time. However, there will always be some scar tissue. I can't do most shoulder and some chest exercises because of the impingement it causes. Damn shoulder is always popping loud enough for other people to hear--even when I am just typing. Pain isn't a problem, though.

How to Use HCG

Is Doin It 4 Da Shorteez

Rep Points

personally I think 3-6 grams is the minimum but that depends on ones caloric intake. I try to aim for 10% of fat cals from Omega 3's...
    William F. Buckley describes a conservative as, "someone who stands athwart history, yelling Stop." - and then proceeds to drag civilization back to times best left in history's dungheap.

To God be the Glory

Rep Points

I usually take 3-6 grams of Omega 3 Oil caps a day. I know it isn't much, but I don't eat much fat either. I recently cut back becaue it was giving me acne. Of course, I was taking it with CLA and Sesathin.
    Interesting, I started a thread in the summer where I experienced the same thing. I was taking Sesathin, CLA and HMB. Acne was extremely bad where I normally don't even have acne. Stopped usage and skin is back to normal. Glad to hear it just wasn't me.