• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 💪Muscle Gelz® 30% Off Easter Sale👉www.musclegelz.com Coupon code: EASTER30🐰

What is the best anti-inflammatory?

Pirate!

Gatekepper
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I have scar tissuse in my shoulder from recent surgery and need a good anit-inflammatory to take regularly. Naproxen hasn't been cutting it lately. Any ideas?

As far as NSAID's go, have you ever tried Etodolac? I know it's good for treating tendinitis and other soft tissue injuries. Were you taking perscription strength Naproxen or naproxen sodium?

PirateFromHell said:
I have scar tissuse in my shoulder from recent surgery and need a good anit-inflammatory to take regularly. Naproxen hasn't been cutting it lately. Any ideas?
Indicin is good, strong stuff. It could be rough on your stomach though. You could always up your dose of Naprocin, too. I should actually have some anti-inflammatories that I dont take anymore laying around. I now take Azulfadine, a disease modifying anti-reheumatic drug, or a DMARD. A little bit different than a simple non-steroidal anti-inflammatory, or NSAID.

BTW, Ive also had real real good experiences with Celebrex and Vioxx.

imo if u r going for nsaids, celebrex is the best. vioxx was the best but they took it off the market :( (blood clots). just take 2 in the morning and it will provide a days worth of pain relief. also, check this out too: http://activerelease.com/

Thanks. I will have to try celebrex. I was taking otc Naproxen Sodium. It is the same stuff as the prescription, just half the strength. I usually take 3 in the morning and two at night. Lately, I have been taking 800 mg of ibuprofen after workouts, too. Pain isn't the problem. I just don't want it to inflamed.

Correct me if Im wrong, but I think that Ibuprofen as well as other NSAIDS actually weaken ligaments

I have read that they might blunt the signals that guide anabolism in muscles, but I don't know about weakening ligaments. I sure as hell hope not!

i haven't tried a.r.t. (yet) but have heard some really good stuff from a friend who tried it. i read a few articles, talked to a few people and it looks to be pretty solid. if it works as well as they say, it would definately be worth the cash. anyway, it was just a suggestion and that's all i know about it. a good thing to bring up in a post maybe.

All thoughtful input is always appreciated. :bulb: Thanks Vise.

PirateFromHell said:

http://www.antiaging-health.org/737_6.htm

If Naproxen was working before, maybe ask your doctor for a higher dose?

DMSO with crushed aspirin cures just about anything... also get ultrasound on it 2-3 times a week to break up scar tissue.

BabsieGirl said:
http://www.antiaging-health.org/737_6.htm

If Naproxen was working before, maybe ask your doctor for a higher dose?
Why get a script when you can buy the same thing OTC and pop a few of 'em. I think I'll ask the doc for a script of celebrex and see how that goes. My surgery was only about 7 weeks ago, so it may improve with time.

PirateFromHell said:

what is your Omega 3 intake at right now ?

LAM said:
what is your Omega 3 intake at right now ?
I usually take 3-6 grams of Omega 3 Oil caps a day. I know it isn't much, but I don't eat much fat either. I recently cut back becaue it was giving me acne. Of course, I was taking it with CLA and Sesathin. I think there was something about that combo that gave me bad acne. I eat fish about once a week, too. I think I'll up the Omega 3 and Flax. My shoulder seems to be improving, so the problem may pass with time. However, there will always be some scar tissue. I can't do most shoulder and some chest exercises because of the impingement it causes. Damn shoulder is always popping loud enough for other people to hear--even when I am just typing. Pain isn't a problem, though.

personally I think 3-6 grams is the minimum but that depends on ones caloric intake. I try to aim for 10% of fat cals from Omega 3's...

IML Gear Cream!
PirateFromHell said:
I usually take 3-6 grams of Omega 3 Oil caps a day. I know it isn't much, but I don't eat much fat either. I recently cut back becaue it was giving me acne. Of course, I was taking it with CLA and Sesathin.

Interesting, I started a thread in the summer where I experienced the same thing. I was taking Sesathin, CLA and HMB. Acne was extremely bad where I normally don't even have acne. Stopped usage and skin is back to normal. Glad to hear it just wasn't me.

Back