NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

Sucking It In?

Thread: Sucking It In?

Rep Points

Sucking It In?

I see all the guys on the covers of the fitness mags with the perfect 6-pack abs. Granted some them are probably air-brushed. My question to all of you out there with great abs is this: What happens when you take a breathe? Are all of these pictures taken with them sucking in thier gut? What happens when you exhale?

I work out my abs as much as the next guy but the only way I can see good definition is by sucking in my gut. It's not a 'full' suck in where I'm turning blue in the face but enough to know that I'm doing it. If I'm not sucking it in I look like the everyday Joe. Yes...I have a few beers now and then but I watch what I eat and my gut isnt that big. I guess I have a small
    'innertube' around my midsection that I cant seem to get rid of now matter how much I work my abs. I also know that you wont see good ab definition if they are blocked by fat.

So..Am I the only one out there that has to suck it in to make my abs appear? Do I have to stop eating entirely to get a 6-pack without sucking it in? Seems like you would have to have zero body fat to make your abs show without doing some sucking in.

It's a real pain in the ass walking around like this.......and it's starting to hurt........need.....air..........now...........

Super Moderator
    SUPER MODERATOR

Rep Points

You would have to be pretty lean to see your abs constantly without flexing them.

Working a muscle (your abs) does not locally burn fat, muscles dont have any ability to catabolize local tissue for energy.

ADMINISTRATOR

Rep Points

First of all these pics are taken when the bodybuilders are in top shape, i.e. competition condition, they do not maintain that level of bodyfat year around.

Secondly if you flex your bicep (arm) it looks quite a bit different than when it hangs relaxed, are you going to walk around with your arm flexed?

Lastly, some poeple just have natural guts so to speak, even at my leanest I tend to have what I call a "power gut".

IronMagLabs 15% Discount Code: Robert15

Hardcore Peptides 20% Discount Code: Robert20

Rep Points

One doesn't suck in their abs to show them, they are flexed like any other muscle.

Rep Points

yeah...I'm definately sucking in excess weight rather than flexing my abs then.
    This has to be the hardest part of the body to work on.

Oh well...Only about 8 months before beach season...times a wastin'...

Rep Points

Make sure your diet is in check.. You can do ab work till your blue in the face, but if you don't eat properly, you'll never see them.