• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Are My Testosterone Levels OK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanDude

Well Read
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
I am planning on getting into another very intense round of total body transformation after being off for about 6 months. Frankly I am not looking too forward to the first month of pain and soreness again but it's time to get back at it. To get prepared I had a complete physical and was relieved to learn that most of my prior conditioning stuck and I kep pretty descent body metrics: very good blood pressure differential and low BP, low heart rate 57, very good blood chemistry with only a slight elevation in LDL and lots of good HDL.

I specifically asked for a testosterone test to see what I have since I am over age 45 and wanted to get this baselined too. I still have a full head of dark hair with a few flecks of gray now starting to come in, fairly deep voice and lots of dark body hair on quads, groin and calves only (never seem to have had it at all in chest or back and only moderate in arms). I want to put on another 10 lbs of lean muscle mass and swap out some fat ratios to get back down to around 190 lbs and 12% bf from my current 218 lbs 16% BF. So the million dollar question is do I have enough hormonal support to still do this naturally? The testos test they administered shows that I have a desirable testosterone target range between 241-827 NG/DL. My lab results come in at 611 NG/DL. I assume that there is some fairly standard expectation of free testos for a given total testos level (?). This result seems to be well into the high side of this range. But, what I do not know though is if this target "normal" range is reduced for age or if its a standard range for men of all ages. Anyone know? Also need an opinion on if it is enough natural testos to be able to sustain a positive anabolic growth state when I jump in hard and heavy with training again?

OD

Went in for physical and told doc to order it from the lab with the other tests. Blood test- seperate vial taken.
OD

I've seen 20 year olds test worse, so its not bad at all. There is a lot more than just testosterone at work though.

Thanks Mudge for the input. I am curious what the testos levels are of some of the top natural bb's and how it vaires with age. I personally think that I can use a lot of the natural BB techniques to stimulate extra fast muscle growth though (like spiking insulin and infusing with lots of protein post workout).

OD

Of all the people I've found that have used real insulin with far more carbs than natural guys have used, there is very little appreciation for it.

Top natural guys? Good luck finding them. I find way too many people passing secrets on passing drug tests, I think most of these guys are of shit.

Mike Ashley was pretty beefy in his day, he claimed to be natural.

To get your testosterone levels tested you have to ask your doctor for a
Total & Free testosterone blood tests so it will be 2 blood tests.

Yeah i thought that was implied in the test and they would do both. The doc told me the test costs like $700. So I am pissed they did not do the free test part.

OceanDude

Yeah i thought that was implied in the test and they would do both. The doc told me the test costs like $700. So I am pissed they did not do the free test part.

No offense but are you insane? $700 for this blood test?

They did mine for free upon my request & the request of the endocrinologist a few years back when they were stabilizing my thyroid.

I had both total & free testosterone blood tests performed at no cost.

Your doctor either doesn't know wtf they're talking about, or they're trying to rip you off big time.

I would go somewhere else to ask about it.

IML Gear Cream!
Uhm, vieope its not all that funny to warrant a full rofl ... maybe a simple laugh :laugh:

OD

Johnnny said:
OceanDude

No offense but are you insane? $700 for this blood test?

They did mine for free upon my request & the request of the endocrinologist a few years back when they were stabilizing my thyroid.

I had both total & free testosterone blood tests performed at no cost.

Your doctor either doesn't know wtf they're talking about, or they're trying to rip you off big time.

I would go somewhere else to ask about it.
That's waht he told me but I didn't belive him either - since I am self employed i push my deductable very high and most of my checkups and normal doctor stuff comes out of my pocket (but thats the way it should be). I just made the mistake of assuming that they wouyld give me the full battery of testos tests when I asked for it. My mistake now I know better.
OD

OceanDude

That's waht he told me but I didn't belive him either - since I am self employed i push my deductable very high and most of my checkups and normal doctor stuff comes out of my pocket (but thats the way it should be). I just made the mistake of assuming that they wouyld give me the full battery of testos tests when I asked for it. My mistake now I know better.
OD

I don't have insurance, just regular health care & I've never paid for a blood test of any kind, not even a regular check up.

I've had them done all free by my doctor &/or clinic.

I would seriously get another opinion, sounds phony if you ask me.

OceanDude

OD

I don't have insurance, just regular health care & I've never paid for a blood test of any kind, not even a regular check up.

Johnnny said:
OceanDude

Health care is a LOT different in Canada genius.

OceanDude said:
My lab results come in at 611 NG/DL. I assume that there is some fairly standard expectation of free testos for a given total testos level (?). This result seems to be well into the high side of this range.

I would call that above average for your age, if you want to boost those levels I suggest you try my product: http://ironmaglabs.com/anabolic-matrix.html

works great for older males like yourself!

:haha:

:spam:

Johnnny said:
Premier & his typical boring smart asses remarks :yawn:

What, you dont believe me? :rolleyes:

Premier

What, you dont believe me? :rolleyes:

Than I guess what you're saying is that our health care system is better since we don't have to pay for blood work.

IML Gear Cream!
Free (unbound) test is a much better indicator of the results you can expect to achieve naturally.

Judging from your lab results, you are fairly high into the normal range which is excellent. I would try some supplements that are designed to raise your free test....for example 6-oxo from ergopharm or like robert suggested, anabolic matrix which should not only unbind your test but should also raise your levels as well.

I really dont think another expensive blood test is needed...not really going to provide you with too much useful information at this point. I would say try the suggested supplements. Lift heavy. Keep your cardio to a minimum to avoid overtraining (which lowers test levels) and make sure you eat alot of protein and healthy fats (which are also very anabolic)...you may also want to supplement with a good ZMA product before bed.

Just some random thoughts....hope they help!

Johnnny said:
Premier

Than I guess what you're saying is that our health care system is better since we don't have to pay for blood work.

Nope, thats not what I am saying.. infact, your healthcare system is shit. Thats why you dont have to pay what we do.

Johnnny said:
Premier

Johnnny, your just a moron. Have you ever actually tried using your brain?

DrChiro said:
Free (unbound) test is a much better indicator of the results you can expect to achieve naturally.

Judging from your lab results, you are fairly high into the normal range which is excellent. I would try some supplements that are designed to raise your free test....for example 6-oxo from ergopharm or like robert suggested, anabolic matrix which should not only unbind your test but should also raise your levels as well.

I really dont think another expensive blood test is needed...not really going to provide you with too much useful information at this point. I would say try the suggested supplements. Lift heavy. Keep your cardio to a minimum to avoid overtraining (which lowers test levels) and make sure you eat alot of protein and healthy fats (which are also very anabolic)...you may also want to supplement with a good ZMA product before bed.

Just some random thoughts....hope they help!
Hey thanks Chiro! I have used the 6-oxo product in the past when I was at my peak. I will definately look into something. I was even using daily garlic tablets.

OD :thumb:

Premier

Nope, thats not what I am saying.. infact, your healthcare system is
shit. Thats why you dont have to pay what we do.

If you think it's shit that we don't have to pay for medical care, I think there is something seriously wrong with you upstairs dude.

Awhile back I had an MRI that would've cost $500 in the US & I had it for free along with my follow up appointment.

So I think the system is pretty damn good.

Along with my Mother who has been in the health care system for the last 20yrs in the hospital full time with Lupus. She only has to pay $1,000/month for her room & care instead of the full cost of the room $3,000/month & additional charges.

rock4832

Johnnny, your just a moron. Have you ever actually tried using your brain?

I am a moron?

I'm not the one who is going to have to pay $700 for a bloody testosterone test through blood work.

Operations (as long as they're not cosmetic), overnight visits in the hospital, delivering babies, Flu & other vaccinations, X-Rays, psychologists, & medication are covered by our health care system.

We don't have to pay for any of it.

So I don't think that is "shit" at all.

I have a cousin in Florida who had to pay $120 for a chest X-Ray as he had a chest infection.

I had one done last year for $0.

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Johnnny said:
Premier

If you think it's shit that we don't have to pay for medical care, I think there is something seriously wrong with you upstairs dude.

Awhile back I had an MRI that would've cost $500 in the US & I had it for free along with my follow up appointment.

So I think the system is pretty damn good.

Along with my Mother who has been in the health care system for the last 20yrs in the hospital full time with Lupus. She only has to pay $1,000/month for her room & care instead of the full cost of the room $3,000/month & additional charges.

rock4832

I am a moron?

I'm not the one who is going to have to pay $700 for a bloody testosterone test through blood work.

Operations (as long as they're not cosmetic), overnight visits in the hospital, delivering babies, Flu & other vaccinations, X-Rays, psychologists, & medication are covered by our health care system.

We don't have to pay for any of it.

So I don't think that is "shit" at all.

I have a cousin in Florida who had to pay $120 for a chest X-Ray as he had a chest infection.

I had one done last year for $0.

Pretty sweet if you ask me.
I worked in the healthfield and one of my projects was comparing the quality of healthcare in Canada to the US. I could argue with you but 1) Your too stupid to learn anything new, and 2) Your not worth my time :thumb:

rock4832

I worked in the healthfield and one of my projects was comparing the
quality of healthcare in Canada to the US. I could argue with you but 1)
Your too stupid to learn anything new, and 2) Your not worth my time
:thumb:

Cleaning toilets for your local hospital doesn't count as being in the healthcare system.

But my Father has been in the health care system for the last 30yrs doing cancer research & developing drugs.

He's international, he travels everywhere, the US, Europe & the UK so he knows all about the health care system.

As for me being stupid, I don't feel stupid for not having to pay for "ANY" of my medical attention & I don't even have insurance & I still don't have to pay.

So I'm not complaining.

All I can say is I have American relatives in different areas of the United States for the last 30yrs, & they prefer Canada's health system over their own American health care system.

:attitude:

Johnnny said:
rock4832

Cleaning toilets for your local hospital doesn't count as being in the healthcare system.

But my Father has been in the health care system for the last 30yrs doing cancer research & developing drugs.

He's international, he travels everywhere, the US, Europe & the UK so he knows all about the health care system.

As for me being stupid, I don't feel stupid for not having to pay for "ANY" of my medical attention & I don't even have insurance & I still don't have to pay.

So I'm not complaining.

All I can say is I have American relatives in different areas of the United States for the last 30yrs, & they prefer Canada's health system over their own American health care system.

:attitude:
LOL, you and your life is sooooo full of shit I really don't think you know what's reality anymore. :hmmm:

rock4832

LOL, you and your life is sooooo full of shit I really don't think you know what's reality anymore.

So you don't believe that my father is an international cancer scientist who's been in the health care system for the last 30yrs?

Sorry dude but it's true. He's at McGill University & has a big job in Ottawa where he met Jeb Bush at a talk & he's been all over Europe & the United States.

As for the health care system, I don't mind having free health care w/o even having insurance.

pssst, can you guys please stop hijacking my thread?
OD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back