• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

MonStar's HIT Journal!

M.J.H.

Obsessed
Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Decided to give HIT (High Intensity Training) a shot, since I have never done this program before in my life. It's probably the only program that I have never given a shot. I am going to try it balls out. I am really looking forward to getting started. I am going to be following a very basic every other day split, and doing the exercises as follows:

Push
Decline BB Presses 1x6-8
Nautilus Pec-Deck Flyes 1x6-8
Seated DB Presses 1x6-8
Nautilus Lateral Raises 1x6-8
Seated French Presses 1x6-8

Legs
ATF Squats 1x15-20
Nautilus Leg Extensions 1x15-20
Smith-Machine Calf Raises 1x15-20
Nautilus Crunches 1x15-20

Pull
Support Rows 1x6-8
Conventional Deadlifts 1x6-8
Nautilus Pullovers 1x6-8
Standing BB Curls 1x6-8
DB Hammer Curls 1x6-8

The key each workout is to increase the weight/reps on every lift. That's the goal, and its mandatory each workout. I will change up all of my exercises in a few months.

Any questions, comments, feedback please feel free to post! :thumb:

If you want any info feel free to ask IM member Duncan Donuts he knows more about the program than I do. :)

Good luck my friend..of course I'll follow this one.

DD: Thanks man, I appreciate it. I am looking forward to really getting intense in my HIT workouts. We'll see what happens, I think that I am going to really like this program. :thumb:

Friday; 11-5-2004

Push

Great workout today! Absolutely exhausting, I want to add, but again, an overall awesome workout that's for sure. I beat the hell out of my chest/shoulders/triceps, really well. Intense, and completely to failure. :thumb:

Decline BB Presses: 305 x 11! + 1 (assisted)

Nautilus Pec-Deck Flyes: 200 x 10

Seated DB Presses: 100's x 5 + 1 (assisted)

Nautilus Lateral Raises: 220 x 11

Seated French Presses: 165 x 5 + 1 (assisted)

Started off with decline BB presses, had a spotter which was great. Hit 305 for 11 and then the 12th rep I had some assistance. Honestly I was wiped out, so I had quite a bit of assistance. 305 for 11 is a PR, by the way. Moved onto pec-deck flyes, completely hit failure here as well. I tried for an 11th rep 3 times, couldn't budge it at all. Moved onto some seated DB presses, ouch! I think that I went a bit too heavy on these today. Only hit 4 or so completely on my own then the spotter helped a tad with the 5th, and assisted with the 6th. Moved onto some lateral raises---balls to the wall to failure. Could barely lift my arms after this set. Finished up with some French presses, triceps were wasted! Had the spotter help me on the last one, ouch.

Diet:
M1- banana
M2- Swole preworkout
M3- whey protein + 1% milk
M4- cottage cheese + pineapple
M5- tuna salad sandwich
M6- grilled chicken & cheese soft taco
M7- MRP + 1% milk
M8- 1/2 turkey & cheese sandwich, chicken noodle soup
M9- whey protein brownie + banana
M10- peanuts

Trying to keep my diet as clean as possible. Especially since my training frequency is going to be dramatically decreased with this HIT training. I am used to training high-volume everyday, and I am going to be training very low-volume every other day.

Sleep: 9 hours. :D

Day 11 of 6-OXO, 3 caps 2x per day.

Last edited:
Excellent stuff man. 305 x 12 is amazing, honestly.

DD: Thanks bud, I appreciate it. So far I am loving HIT, wow. Today was one of the most intense workouts that I have had in the gym in a long time. Really want balls out today. I am sure that I am going to be pretty damn sore tomorrow! I am not looking forward to my leg session at all, damn. I am sure it's going to be painful, especially with such high reps.

Looking good MonStar. I need to spice things up for the IM comp, might have to give this a try

This should be very interesting. I think you are a natural for HIT Mike. Obviously it works when done correctly, just look at DD and his numbers. Yikes!

Hey Mike, what's a French press?

Hey Mike :wave:

Glad to see you're doing well. Have a great weekend!

Arnie's left nu: I honestly think that HIT has a lot more promise than most people even realize. I guess because it's so extreme, in terms of the actual program. A lot of programs aren't that far off from regular basic training. HIT is extremely low-volume, and extremely low-frequency as well. I have to adjust mentally to training so infrequently. Thanks for posting the link bud. :thumb:

JerseyDevil: Yeah DD served pretty much as my reasoning for HIT, otherwise I wouldn't have thought twice about it. It's not that I didn't think HIT was promising, but it was more that I didn't know enough about it, etc.

Luke: Thanks bro, I appreciate that. I was surprised by my decline strength as well. I expected to fail in the 6-7 rep range and I ended up banging out 11 and then my spotter helped me with 12. Not too shabby.

CowPimp: Hey bud, a French press is also known as a seated skullcrusher. It's basically a close-grip on the EZ-curl bar, and seated pressing behind the neck. Here is a pic:

triceps_2a.jpg

This guy in the pic is doing it with a cable tough, I do mine with an EZ-curl bar. I have a video somewhere of me doing them. I flare my elbows a bit, so I can go heavier. I love them for my triceps. :)

klmclean: Hey there, thanks for stopping by. You have a great weekend as well! :D

Saturday; 11-6-2004

Rest

Nice taking a rest day, today. For the longest time I was training every single day without really taking any rest days at all. And HIT is quite the opposite. I am going to be training every other day on HIT, and maybe even 2 days off after leg day depending on how I feel. We'll see what happens. Tomorrow morning I am hitting my legs for the first time HIT style. :)

Diet:
M1- MRP + 1% milk + banana
M2- turkey & cheese sandwich
M3- 2 MRP bars
M4- tuna & cheese sandwich
M5- cottage cheese + pineapple
M6- whey protein + 1% milk
M7- peanuts

Sleep: 11 hours. :D Damn, I am so glad that I slept this long. Felt great.

Day 12 of 6-OXO, 3 caps 2x per day.

Last edited:
Hey Monstar :wave:

hey we both have "star" at the end of our names :lol:

Good Luck with HIT. I think it will produce great results, glad you like it. BTW what is 6-OXO if you don't mind me asking :confused:

Have a great day!

Lifts are lookin strong boss. I just started something similar, and am lovin it. Ill be followin along. Good luck, keep it up.

jstar: LOL, yeah I never even noticed the "star" at the end of our usernames, that's so funny. The 6-OXO is basically PCT (post cycle therapy) for M1T. I did a methyl-1-test cycle so to kickstart my natural testosterone levels I am taking 6-OXO, if that makes any sense. I am hoping for great things with HIT, I mean the program looks sound, and I think with enough intensity it will produce some damn good results. :)

du510: Thanks man, I appreciate the support. I am hoping for some good results with HIT. :thumb:

Sunday; 11-7-2004

Legs

Wow, wow, wow. :eek: One of the hardest workouts that I have ever had in my life, EVER. Talk about completely exhausting, and just torture. I felt like I wanted to throw up and die after my workout this morning, no joke.

Squats: 315 x 17!

Nautilus Leg Extensions: 250 x 13

Smith-Machine Calf Raises: 285 x 17

Nautilus Crunches: 180 x 18

This should serve as a point that next time around I should get a little bit more food in my system before trying to do high-rep squats. The squats literally kicked my f*cking a*s and there is no other way to say it. After 8 reps I wanted to stop, I was exhausted. I just kept repping them out until the 17th rep where my legs were shaking like crazy and I got stuck halfway up, but barely managed to complete the rep. After the squats my quads and lower back were toast. Leg extensions were torture, calf raises weren't too bad, and finally my crunches I was just beyond exhausted.

Bottom line, HIT training + legs = OUCH. I think that if I stick it out with HIT I will see great gains. At first I couldn't really see how HIT worked, but after today's session, I can see how effective it can be. I am dreading deadlifts on back day. I think I am probably going to take 2 days off after this session.

Some thoughts about HIT so far. I am not sure how I feel at this point about the training frequency, and it's taking some time getting used to just one set mentallly. I guess because I love training and I look forward to it all of the time. And it's hard to look forward to it as much when I am going to the gym for only a couple of worksets. I am not trying to be negative at all, these are just my thoughts at this point. It's hard getting used to training every other day when I am used to training every single day. :(

Diet:
M1- banana
M2- Swole preworkout
M3- whey protein + 2% milk
M4- turkey & cheese sandwich
M5- scrambled eggs
M6- 2 chicken breasts, pasta alfredo
M7- tuna & cheese sandwich
M8- cottage cheese + pineapple
M9- MRP + 2% milk
M10- grilled chicken & cheese sandwich

Sleep: 7 hours.

Day 13 of 6-OXO, 3 caps 2x per day.

Last edited:
Your worry is psychological. Once you examine a month or two of solid results you will probably get past it and maybe add an extra day of rest a week. Good stuff.

Also, how did your calf raises go?

IML Gear Cream!
MonStar said:
Sunday; 11-7-2004

Legs

Wow, wow, wow. :eek: One of the hardest workouts that I have ever had in my life, EVER. Talk about completely exhausting, and just torture. I felt like I wanted to throw up and die after my workout this morning, no joke.

Squats: 315 x 17!

Nautilus Leg Extensions: 250 x 13

Smith-Machine Calf Raises: 285 x 17

Nautilus Crunches: 180 x 18

This should serve as a point that next time around I should get a little bit more food in my system before trying to do high-rep squats. The squats literally kicked my f*cking a*s and there is no other way to say it. After 8 reps I wanted to stop, I was exhausted. I just kept repping them out until the 17th rep where my legs were shaking like crazy and I got stuck halfway up, but barely managed to complete the rep. After the squats my quads and lower back were toast. Leg extensions were torture, calf raises weren't too bad, and finally my crunches I was just beyond exhausted.

Bottom line, HIT training + legs = OUCH. I think that if I stick it out with HIT I will see great gains. At first I couldn't really see how HIT worked, but after today's session, I can see how effective it can be. I am dreading deadlifts on back day. I think I am probably going to take 2 days off after this session.

Some thoughts about HIT so far. I am not sure how I feel at this point about the training frequency, and it's taking some time getting used to just one set mentallly. I guess because I love training and I look forward to it all of the time. And it's hard to look forward to it as much when I am going to the gym for only a couple of worksets. I am not trying to be negative at all, these are just my thoughts at this point. It's hard getting used to training every other day when I am used to training every single day. :(

Diet:
M1- banana
M2- Swole preworkout
M3- whey protein + 2% milk
M4- turkey & cheese sandwich
M5- scrambled eggs
M6- 2 chicken breasts, pasta alfredo
M7- ?

Sleep: 7 hours.

Day 13 of 6-OXO, 3 caps 2x per day.

Geeezzzzzzzzz 315 x 17 on squats! That's crazy!!!!! Nice going. I feel the same way you do about getting to the gym and training often. I did HIT for legs yesterday. It's a tough 30 minutes :grin: Hopefully you stick with it so I can watch a couple other people to HIT besides DD. I'd like to start doing some more HIT myself.

Good stuff here!! :thumb:

DD: Hey bud, thanks for stopping by, I appreciate it. Yeah I think that my worrying is pretty normal with what is going on. I mean going from training high-volume almost everyday to training extremely low-volume every other day, it's expected to be a little shaken up mentally I think. I am going to hang in there, although today after my leg session I wanted to quit HIT altogether, lol. But the calf raises went well. I hit the 16th rep, and barely locked it out. And then slowly completely the 17th. I knew that my 18th rep I would throw a lot of momentum into the rep. So I stopped at 17. :)

yellowmoomba: Hey man, I had no idea that you were doing HIT as well! I am definitely going to stick it out now that a group of us are doing it. My workout today was only about 15-20 minutes, honestly. But that set of squats kicked my a*s more than anything. After that I was pretty much dying to get out of the gym so I was rushing through my sets, lol. Thanks for stopping by, bud. :thumb:

Wow, some serious squatting dude. :hair:

You're gonna be sore after that one. Ouch.

Luke: Thanks bud, I appreciate it! I honestly had no idea I would hit 17 reps with 315. Especially since I have not trained my legs in a long time. I was absolutely exhausted after that set though, holy sh*t. :thumb:

CowPimp: I know man, trust me, holy sh*t. I am already feeling the pain in my quads, ouch, lol.

I too am having the same problems you are getting accustomed to the HIT style of working out. I wanted to take a slow approach to getting down from what was once 40 sets down to 5+, but I got the book I was waiting for in the mail and I wanted to try it out desperately.

I did my first set of 145 x 15, and then immediately after getting a sip of water, did 155 x 15. I was absolutely drained but still was thinking I could get another good set in. I tried, had to put it back on the rack after about 3 reps, and then tried again and mustered out about 5 more reps.

It is just such a different type of training. Hopefully we'll both get accustomed to it quikly.

Monstar was built for this type of training. If he doesn't overtrain, he'll progress brilliantly

Duncans Donuts said:
Monstar was built for this type of training. If he doesn't overtrain, he'll progress brilliantly

I'm not arguing with you, but how can one be built for HIT exactly?

soxmuscle: Hey man, I completely know how you feel bud, and trust me, I am in the same boat! I am coming from training every single day with high-volume. I mean I was training nonstop before, and now it's every other day for 20 minutes in the gym, its the opposite. It is definitely a little tough mentally to deal with this, but honestly I want to give it a shot and see how my body responds to it. I just have this fear of getting fat because I am training so infrequently with such little volume, and I refuse to do cardio.

DD: Thanks for stopping by bud, I appreciate it. I am glad that you think I am built for this type of training---that's always nice motivation. I am looking forward to my deadlifts tomorrow. I am thinking maybe 495 lbs. for 5-10 reps? We'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to get a lot of sleep tonight. :)

CowPimp: I'll let DD answer that one, because I am not really sure bud. One thing that I can say is what I have achieved physique wise I can attribute to higher volume training. I tried Dorian Yates style training for a little while but didn't stick to it very long at all. So this is my first really time doing HIT style training. :shrug:

Monday; 11-8-2004

Rest

Ouch! My legs are hurting today, damn. I had a feeling that my DOMS from the high-rep squats was going to be pretty brutal. It's honestly not too horrible, it could be a lot worse. I packed in a ton of calories and protein yesterday, and made sure I got 8 hours sleep. So I think both of those factors helped out some. I feel so odd not going to the gym today! Part of me is almost relieved I was going so damn often before, but another huge part of me is dying to go! :D

Diet:
M1- whey protein + 2% milk
M2- turkey & cheese sandwich
M3- 2 chicken breasts, rice
M4- mixed nuts
M5- chicken salad wrap
M6- 1/2 turkey & cheese sandwich
M7- chicken pot pie
M8- peanuts

Sleep: 8 hours.

Day 14 of 6-OXO, 3 caps 2x per day.

Last edited: