Is Roethlisberger the real deal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Is Roethlisberger the real deal?

This rookie is playing like a veteran. You guys think he'll suceed in the future?

I am Canadian

Rep Points

It is hard to make any predictions just yet; he is playing like a seasoned veteran though, I guess time will tell. IMO I think he will definetly be one of the greats if he can stay healthy.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Good game today Eagels Vs. Steelers.........

Rep Points

With a name like that he´ll soon be govenour of Cali

Rep Points

There's a bar here selling a 1 1/2 lb ground steak sandwich called a Roethlisberger for $7.00 with a burger, a T-shirt that says "I tackled a Roethlisberger" and an Iron City for $20. You can't get near the place.
    It's not that I wanted to win, I cannot lose. And I refuse to crawl.- Dave Draper
    Live everyday like it's your shot at the title-Pat Tillman

High Intensity Freak
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Feel like trading him for Bulger?
    "I can do ALL things through Christ, who strengthens me" - Philippians 4:13

"For NOTHING is impossible with GOD" - Luke 1:37

Rep Points

Maybe not this year. The jury is out on Ben. Or as some are calling him Whereya Ben. Bulger is a Pittsburgh Boy. He has two sisters who played H.S. Hoops and won State championships and could be models (no lie)- stone foxes!
    It's not that I wanted to win, I cannot lose. And I refuse to crawl.- Dave Draper

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Trampled the Eagles today. Ben is really hitting his stride

Rep Points

Where Ya Ben Roethlisberger?

Gerard Warren did not knock his head off this week. 24-10 Not nearly that close. He didn't have a dominating performance, throwing the ball, but tucked it in and ran for some important first downs.Just win Baby!

Drinking buddy

Rep Points

He's playing like a vet because he knows how to handle pressure. Hell, don't quote me but I'm pretty sure he's already been married for two or three years and may have a family. I'm pretty sure about the wife at least. If he can deal with that as well as playing D1 football and going to class then the NFL aint Sh*t!
    " I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex, and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself."-Johnny Carson

Rep Points

Big Ben is the real deal. I think if you put him on another team he would fair well. Since Pittsburgh likes to run the ball down opposing team's throats, he will be fine. Will he put up numbers like Manning- he doesn't have to. All he cares about is winning, not stats. Same thing goes for Brady.

And how about ol' Eli Manning? The next great hype! HAHA! Whatever. Serve's him right for not going to San Diego.

Ben will win rookie of the year, go the pro bowl, finally win that "ONE FOR THE THUMB" for Pittsburgh and will still not be considered for MVP. Why? Because of Manning throwing TD's. Big Deal. Look at the record's of the team. Ben and Brees are my top canidates for MVP. What QB takes his team from an 6-10 season to 11-1 (10-0 as a starter) has to be considered for MVP....hands down...

GO STEELERS!

Rep Points

Ben had tough time with Jax Jags on Sunday night last but kept his head and carried the team in two minute drill to win. Jets played damn good game and stuffed run game , stymied backup wideouts until Ben hit big 46 yd touch pass to Lee Mayes and Steelers found a way to win. Jets are definitely for real, man. They can beat Pats. Bettis just wore them down.

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jack52
    They can beat Pats.

Neither one of those teams will beat the Pats in the playoffs.
    If sense were common, everyone would have it.

4/2007-Current 75th Ranked most popular image 1 spot behind Prince's bulge...

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

Rep Points

I was referring to their regular season game coming up. But as for the playoffs, time will tell. You could be right.(Didn't expect that, did you?) Home field can mean a lot.

FLEXecutioner

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by m_jenkins
    Big Ben is the real deal. I think if you put him on another team he would fair well. Since Pittsburgh likes to run the ball down opposing team's throats, he will be fine.
    I disagree.

I think if you put Big Ben on another team he wouldn't fair NEARLY as well.

All he cares about is winning, not stats. Same thing goes for Brady.
    How can you say that? Do you know him personally?

You CAN say that about Brady. He took a huge paycut so the team could go out and pickup other position players. If that's not looking out for the good of the team, i don't know what is.

And how about ol' Eli Manning? The next great hype! HAHA! Whatever. Serve's him right for not going to San Diego.
    I think if you put Ben on NY he'd be doing "not good" also. Ben has 2 of the top 20 WR's in the NFL on his team, and i'd say Hines is in the top 10. He has a nasty running game combo b/w Deuce and the Shortbus which takes a LOAD of pressure off him. Not to mention he has a tough tough D to keep the other team's score down and the other team's offense off the field.
    I think he's good, but i think he's getting more credit than he deserves.

Ben will win rookie of the year, go the pro bowl, finally win that "ONE FOR THE THUMB" for Pittsburgh and will still not be considered for MVP. Why? Because of Manning throwing TD's. Big Deal. Look at the record's of the team. Ben and Brees are my top canidates for MVP. What QB takes his team from an 6-10 season to 11-1 (10-0 as a starter) has to be considered for MVP....hands down...
    Ben for MVP??? OVER PAYTON????
    I don't know why i'm even going to entertain this. But apparently i need to. First of all, i could name 15 players off the top of my head that deserve it hands down over Ben. Not to mention Payton is having argueably the best season a QB, OR ANY PLAYER FOR THAT MATTER, EVER had. HOW could Payton not be MVP????
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.

* Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by jack52
    I was referring to their regular season game coming up. But as for the playoffs, time will tell. You could be right.(Didn't expect that, did you?) Home field can mean a lot.
    The Super Bowl Champ is definitely coming out of the AFC. The only way the Eagles stand a chance against either of them is if they beat the hell out of each other in the AFC Championship game.

That is provided the Eagles can get by Vick, I see them choking.

Regardless, it would be sweet having 3 15-1 teams at the end of the season and a 7-9 team upsetting them all.

Check out my world famous Bob Loblaw's Law Blog at http://www.synergyhw.blogspot.com/...Just kidding, it's a health and wellness blog.

You Lack Intensity!!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

well I gotsta agree with my boy Flex, b/c Ben is playin great, but alot of the it is the system. Not to diminish what he has done so far, b/c it is remarkable no question, but look at the steelers team this year, their Dfense is the main reason they are winning games. Their O-line is playing great, look at what Bettis has done. Its really a team effort and he is lucky to be able to come in the league in the position. recognition deserves to be given to the entire team before you put it all on him...
    second of all, he can't be the MVP, b/c he hasn't been more valuable than Donovan McNabb or Peyton Manning, who has to be it this year all by himself. Brees deserves it before Ben as well. Either way let the rook have time, I think he will be great

Rep Points

I would say Vick deserves it over McNabb, and prolly Terrel Owens over McNabb. Without Terrel, McNabb has the same season he had last year. Unfortunately a receiver will not get the MVP unless he does something unreal.

FLEXecutioner

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry
    I would say Vick deserves it over McNabb, and prolly Terrel Owens over McNabb. Without Terrel, McNabb has the same season he had last year. Unfortunately a receiver will not get the MVP unless he does something unreal.
    No way Vick gets it over McNabb.

Look at their #'s first of all. Sure Vick is a great runner, but he has maj. turnovers, both fumbles and INT's. not to mention his completion % is not good.

We also gotta distinguish what MVP means. There's a difference b/w MVP of a team, and MVP of a league. No IMO means more to their team than Brady, but he certainly isn't the best player in the league.

IMO MVP means #1 draft pick if there was a leaguewide draft....Hence, Payton.
    You're a funny guy, Sully, I like you. Dat's why I'm going to kill you lahst.

* Got juice?*Need Motivation?*How to Train*
    *Arnold vs. Ronnie vs. Haney vs. Sergio*
    *YEAH BUDDY...LIGHT WEIGHT!*Ahhnold*

Rep Points

I was under the impression it was to their team. What were the eagles last year? Add Terrel and a cornerbacks double teaming him and you have Donovan completing more passes. Take him out and Donovan goes 10-6 again. Any quarterback would improve with Terrel.

The obvious choice is Manning no matter how you put it, league-wise or team-wise, but Donovan would not be runner up, the Falcons are one-dimensional and would be 0-16 without him.

Rep Points

You ain't gonna find a bigger Steeler and Ben fan than yours truly but I'd have to be an idiot to suggest that he is MVP of the AFC this year. Manning is having a Canton year! Ben may never be the MVP. The Steeler system isn't set up to showcase the QB that way. Never has been. That team wants rings, may not get one because Patriots are still damn good, but they will give it their best shot. Would he be as successful in another system? Maybe yes probably not! The 'D' has kept him good several times. His running game has kept him on the field. He has a good relationship with his coordinator. The players love him. The town loves him. This guy laughs and sings in the huddle. Whatupwidat?

You Lack Intensity!!!!
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Well as much as I hate to admit it, b/c Mike Vick is my boy and I am a big Falcons fan, their Defense is the main reason for their turnaround. Yeah he has had some effect, but he hasn't really played that well this year stat wise. If their defense was performing the same as it did last year then they would be horrible still. I don't think he deserves MVP, and it hurts me to say it b/c I am a HUGE vick fan. I still think he needs a few years under his belt to mature and get smarter in the pocket. IMO its gotta be Manning. And don't let Terrel Owens addition fool you guys, it was big, but Donavan none the less has stepped up his game BIG TIME, he definately deserves the award if not for Peyton. He is more accurate, and is makin better decisions than previous years, and has just stepped up his game BIG TIME, its not all TO either.

TEAM AY

Rep Points

We'll get a chance to see how much Donovan has improved.... now that Terrell is out thru the playoffs. One player doesn't make the team, but it is going to be extremely difficult for the Eagles to get to the SuperBowl without him.

I live in the Philly burbs, but am not a big Eagles fan. You gotta admit though, this injury really sucks for the franchise.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Terrill may have enough time to recuperate for the playoffs. I always thought Donovan played better than 50% of the quaterbacks out there.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Mabry View Post
    Neither one of those teams will beat the Pats in the playoffs.

Patrick
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

damn, this is a 2 year old thread!
    Optimum Sports Performance

"In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, in the experts there are few."
    -Buddha's Little Instruction Book

Rep Points

Quote Originally Posted by min0 lee View Post
    I hate to break it to you min0, but the Pats won the Super Bowl in 2005, and thus I was correct.

ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I hate to break it to you min0, but the Pats won the Super Bowl in 2005, and thus I was correct.
    Damn, I thought I had you.

Rep Points

Keep trying, son...Or daughter, whatever.

Señor Member
    ELITE MEMBER

Rep Points

I was under the impression it was to their team. What were the eagles last year? Add Terrel and a cornerbacks double teaming him and you have Donovan completing more passes. Take him out and Donovan goes 10-6 again. Any quarterback would improve with Terrel.

The obvious choice is Manning no matter how you put it, league-wise or team-wise, but Donovan would not be runner up, the Falcons are one-dimensional and would be 0-16 without him.

Hehe, Donnovan has never had better numbers than he does right now. Terrell who?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast