• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Is Roethlisberger the real deal?

min0 lee

Elite Member
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
This rookie is playing like a veteran. You guys think he'll suceed in the future?

It is hard to make any predictions just yet; he is playing like a seasoned veteran though, I guess time will tell. IMO I think he will definetly be one of the greats if he can stay healthy.

With a name like that he´ll soon be govenour of Cali

There's a bar here selling a 1 1/2 lb ground steak sandwich called a Roethlisberger for $7.00 with a burger, a T-shirt that says "I tackled a Roethlisberger" and an Iron City for $20. You can't get near the place.

Feel like trading him for Bulger? :( :( :(

Maybe not this year. The jury is out on Ben. Or as some are calling him Whereya Ben. Bulger is a Pittsburgh Boy. He has two sisters who played H.S. Hoops and won State championships and could be models (no lie)-;) stone foxes!

Trampled the Eagles today. Ben is really hitting his stride

Where Ya Ben Roethlisberger?

Gerard Warren did not knock his head off this week. 24-10 Not nearly that close. He didn't have a dominating performance, throwing the ball, but tucked it in and ran for some important first downs.Just win Baby!

He's playing like a vet because he knows how to handle pressure. Hell, don't quote me but I'm pretty sure he's already been married for two or three years and may have a family. I'm pretty sure about the wife at least. If he can deal with that as well as playing D1 football and going to class then the NFL aint Sh*t!

IML Gear Cream!
Big Ben is the real deal. I think if you put him on another team he would fair well. Since Pittsburgh likes to run the ball down opposing team's throats, he will be fine. Will he put up numbers like Manning- he doesn't have to. All he cares about is winning, not stats. Same thing goes for Brady.

And how about ol' Eli Manning? The next great hype! HAHA! Whatever. Serve's him right for not going to San Diego.

Ben will win rookie of the year, go the pro bowl, finally win that "ONE FOR THE THUMB" for Pittsburgh and will still not be considered for MVP. Why? Because of Manning throwing TD's. Big Deal. Look at the record's of the team. Ben and Brees are my top canidates for MVP. What QB takes his team from an 6-10 season to 11-1 (10-0 as a starter) has to be considered for MVP....hands down...

GO STEELERS!

Ben had tough time with Jax Jags on Sunday night last but kept his head and carried the team in two minute drill to win. Jets played damn good game and stuffed run game , stymied backup wideouts until Ben hit big 46 yd touch pass to Lee Mayes and Steelers found a way to win. Jets are definitely for real, man. They can beat Pats. Bettis just wore them down.

jack52 said:
They can beat Pats.

Neither one of those teams will beat the Pats in the playoffs.

I was referring to their regular season game coming up. But as for the playoffs, time will tell. You could be right.(Didn't expect that, did you?) Home field can mean a lot.

m_jenkins said:
Big Ben is the real deal. I think if you put him on another team he would fair well. Since Pittsburgh likes to run the ball down opposing team's throats, he will be fine.

I disagree.

I think if you put Big Ben on another team he wouldn't fair NEARLY as well.

m_jenkins said:
All he cares about is winning, not stats. Same thing goes for Brady.

How can you say that? Do you know him personally? :hmmm:

You CAN say that about Brady. He took a huge paycut so the team could go out and pickup other position players. If that's not looking out for the good of the team, i don't know what is.

m_jenkins said:
And how about ol' Eli Manning? The next great hype! HAHA! Whatever. Serve's him right for not going to San Diego.

I think if you put Ben on NY he'd be doing "not good" also. Ben has 2 of the top 20 WR's in the NFL on his team, and i'd say Hines is in the top 10. He has a nasty running game combo b/w Deuce and the Shortbus which takes a LOAD of pressure off him. Not to mention he has a tough tough D to keep the other team's score down and the other team's offense off the field.
I think he's good, but i think he's getting more credit than he deserves.

m_jenkins said:
Ben will win rookie of the year, go the pro bowl, finally win that "ONE FOR THE THUMB" for Pittsburgh and will still not be considered for MVP. Why? Because of Manning throwing TD's. Big Deal. Look at the record's of the team. Ben and Brees are my top canidates for MVP. What QB takes his team from an 6-10 season to 11-1 (10-0 as a starter) has to be considered for MVP....hands down...

Ben for MVP??? OVER PAYTON???? :finger: :finger: :finger:
I don't know why i'm even going to entertain this. But apparently i need to. First of all, i could name 15 players off the top of my head that deserve it hands down over Ben. Not to mention Payton is having argueably the best season a QB, OR ANY PLAYER FOR THAT MATTER, EVER had. HOW could Payton not be MVP????

jack52 said:
I was referring to their regular season game coming up. But as for the playoffs, time will tell. You could be right.(Didn't expect that, did you?) Home field can mean a lot.

The Super Bowl Champ is definitely coming out of the AFC. The only way the Eagles stand a chance against either of them is if they beat the hell out of each other in the AFC Championship game.

That is provided the Eagles can get by Vick, I see them choking.

Regardless, it would be sweet having 3 15-1 teams at the end of the season and a 7-9 team upsetting them all.

well I gotsta agree with my boy Flex, b/c Ben is playin great, but alot of the it is the system. Not to diminish what he has done so far, b/c it is remarkable no question, but look at the steelers team this year, their Dfense is the main reason they are winning games. Their O-line is playing great, look at what Bettis has done. Its really a team effort and he is lucky to be able to come in the league in the position. recognition deserves to be given to the entire team before you put it all on him...
second of all, he can't be the MVP, b/c he hasn't been more valuable than Donovan McNabb or Peyton Manning, who has to be it this year all by himself. Brees deserves it before Ben as well. Either way let the rook have time, I think he will be great

I would say Vick deserves it over McNabb, and prolly Terrel Owens over McNabb. Without Terrel, McNabb has the same season he had last year. Unfortunately a receiver will not get the MVP unless he does something unreal.

Dale Mabry said:
I would say Vick deserves it over McNabb, and prolly Terrel Owens over McNabb. Without Terrel, McNabb has the same season he had last year. Unfortunately a receiver will not get the MVP unless he does something unreal.

No way Vick gets it over McNabb.

Look at their #'s first of all. Sure Vick is a great runner, but he has maj. turnovers, both fumbles and INT's. not to mention his completion % is not good.

We also gotta distinguish what MVP means. There's a difference b/w MVP of a team, and MVP of a league. No IMO means more to their team than Brady, but he certainly isn't the best player in the league.

IMO MVP means #1 draft pick if there was a leaguewide draft....Hence, Payton.

I was under the impression it was to their team. What were the eagles last year? Add Terrel and a cornerbacks double teaming him and you have Donovan completing more passes. Take him out and Donovan goes 10-6 again. Any quarterback would improve with Terrel.

The obvious choice is Manning no matter how you put it, league-wise or team-wise, but Donovan would not be runner up, the Falcons are one-dimensional and would be 0-16 without him.

IML Gear Cream!
You ain't gonna find a bigger Steeler and Ben fan than yours truly but I'd have to be an idiot to suggest that he is MVP of the AFC this year. Manning is having a Canton year! Ben may never be the MVP. The Steeler system isn't set up to showcase the QB that way. Never has been. That team wants rings, may not get one because Patriots are still damn good, but they will give it their best shot. Would he be as successful in another system? Maybe yes probably not! The 'D' has kept him good several times. His running game has kept him on the field. He has a good relationship with his coordinator. The players love him. The town loves him. This guy laughs and sings in the huddle. Whatupwidat?

Well as much as I hate to admit it, b/c Mike Vick is my boy and I am a big Falcons fan, their Defense is the main reason for their turnaround. Yeah he has had some effect, but he hasn't really played that well this year stat wise. If their defense was performing the same as it did last year then they would be horrible still. I don't think he deserves MVP, and it hurts me to say it b/c I am a HUGE vick fan. I still think he needs a few years under his belt to mature and get smarter in the pocket. IMO its gotta be Manning. And don't let Terrel Owens addition fool you guys, it was big, but Donavan none the less has stepped up his game BIG TIME, he definately deserves the award if not for Peyton. He is more accurate, and is makin better decisions than previous years, and has just stepped up his game BIG TIME, its not all TO either.

We'll get a chance to see how much Donovan has improved.... now that Terrell is out thru the playoffs. One player doesn't make the team, but it is going to be extremely difficult for the Eagles to get to the SuperBowl without him.

I live in the Philly burbs, but am not a big Eagles fan. You gotta admit though, this injury really sucks for the franchise.

Terrill may have enough time to recuperate for the playoffs. I always thought Donovan played better than 50% of the quaterbacks out there.

damn, this is a 2 year old thread! :laugh:

Keep trying, son...Or daughter, whatever.

I was under the impression it was to their team. What were the eagles last year? Add Terrel and a cornerbacks double teaming him and you have Donovan completing more passes. Take him out and Donovan goes 10-6 again. Any quarterback would improve with Terrel.

The obvious choice is Manning no matter how you put it, league-wise or team-wise, but Donovan would not be runner up, the Falcons are one-dimensional and would be 0-16 without him.

Hehe, Donnovan has never had better numbers than he does right now. Terrell who?

Back