• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Big workout change... good or bad?

Squaggleboggin

Functional Lifting = Life
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
After having read a new thread about how the body adapts and remembering how I used to train, I think I'm going to take a new (or old) approach to my training. I used to do my entire workout (which wasn't very good) every other day (same parts every other day) and after a while I adapted beautifully. I was probably stronger two years ago than I am now (which is significant considering I'm only fifteen). However, I've added a LOT of exercises to my workout and I'm concerned as to how long it will take and whether I'll have enough energy to do it all in one day. I was planning on doing four sets of four reps each with the following exercises (in this order): deadlift, squat, DB press, DB curl, hammer curl, DB fly, skullcrusher, military press, shrug. I don't know what I should do to warm up so I'm not too tired by the time I even start the real workout. Should I just do one set of four on a low weight and then three sets of four on the higher weight? Nine exercises in a single day. Crazy, brilliant, or just plain stupid? I think I'll give it a try and see how it goes, but I'm interested in your feedback.

personally I don't see the point of doing low reps with db's, not if a bb is available for use...

I can't do very high reps since I have so many exercises in a single day. Plus I'll try to do it heavy (trying to gain power as a goal), so maybe the low reps with high weights will work. Any suggestions?

How about six sets of four for deadlifts, squats, and DB presses? I think those three are the most important ones I'm doing so I should maybe do a little more for those.

I personally would be dead tired after that long of a workout. If you must do your whole body in one workout like that, I'd take two days off in between or just try to split it into two different workouts.

I'm trying to avoid the split so I can do it as often as possible (trying for every other day). That way it'll force my body to adapt at a faster rate than ever before, which will hopefully result in gains.

Too much work, and too heavy, too often...... in my opinion.

Some exercise like flyes, do not lend themselves too well to low reps like 4,you could get hurt very easy doing this type of low rep training with flyes.

If you are training this heavy on the same bodyparts 3 times weekly,prepare to lose strength after a short period of time, and you will definately be overtraining.

If anything I would go heavy,medium,and light ,but a better scenario would be to train the whole body over a 4 day period training each bodypart hard ionce weekly.

You only grow outside the gym, and I doubt if you could recover from your rotine.

well listen to tjwes, he is right

Back