• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Bi & Tri on the same day

DOMS

Metrosexual
Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
To give myself an extra off day, I've decided to roll the biceps and triceps into the same day. Up until now I've done one muscle/group per day.

My question is, should I group the exercises (all triceps exercises followed by all biceps exercises) for each muscle or should I alternate (biceps, triceps, biceps, etc.)?

Thanks for any info!

cfs3 said:
My question is, should I group the exercises (all triceps exercises followed by all biceps exercises) for each muscle or should I alternate (biceps, triceps, biceps, etc.)?
I would alternate exercises; bi's, tri's, bi's, tri's, ect...

It probably makes little difference though. Give it a try and see how you like it.

if you alternate it is basically a superset

I have been training bis and tris on the same day for a long time now, and I love doing this. Most days I will do bis first and then tris. However, if I am looking to lift extremely heavy weights for a day on all movements, I will do a bi exercise for however many sets I want to do that exercise for and then go to a tri exercise and so forth. On occassion I will superset a bi and tri exercise. Variety is a wonderful stimulus for the body and mind.

cfs3 said:
To give myself an extra off day, I've decided to roll the biceps and triceps into the same day. Up until now I've done one muscle/group per day.

Thanks for any info!

Just curious here, do your shoulders and arms actually grow? And is your back and chest exercises actually progressing?

I have had an arm day in my split before, and I would usually do one muscle group at a time. I alternated which one I did first each session. Once in a while I would alternate, but less often than consecutively.

TCD said:
Just curious here, do your shoulders and arms actually grow? And is your back and chest exercises actually progressing?
Yes, they have. Why do you ask? Is there something that I'm missing? I mean that. I'm still quite new to bodybuilding.

Nope, nothing wrong. I was just curious cause with a split like that, i don't see much recooperation time for shoulders and arms is all.

If they're growing then wonderful.

Just because they are growing dong it that way doesn't mean that they won't grow faster going it another way. Care to provide any pointers? A reccommended split?

Thanks.

I currently train bi's and tri's on the same say. I alternate which one I work first but 95% of the time I will work one muscle group at a time.

IML Gear Cream!
cfs3 said:
Just because they are growing dong it that way doesn't mean that they won't grow faster going it another way. Care to provide any pointers? A reccommended split?

Thanks.

While i like the way you're thinking, if it's working then there's no point changing anything up just yet. It's just something to bear in mind when you start to stall in progression.

So no, no pointers.

TCD said:
While i like the way you're thinking, if it's working then there's no point changing anything up just yet. It's just something to bear in mind when you start to stall in progression.

So no, no pointers.
Thanks anyway.

Your post reminds me of a joke:

A school teacher asks her class the following question, "If there are three birds sitting on a telephone line and you shoot one, how many are left?"

A kid raises his hand and says, "none".

The teacher says, "No Timmy. If there are three birds on a telephone wire and you shoot one, how many are left?"

Timmy repeats his answer, "none".

The teacher replies, "No Timmy, if there were three birds and you shoot one, then there would be two left".

"No, you're wrong,??? replies Timmy. "If you shoot one bird the other two will fly off."

"Well", responded the teacher, "that's not the answer I was looking for, but I like the way you're thinking."

Timmy looks at the teacher and says, "I've got a question for you. There are three women sitting on a curb and all of them are eating popsicles. The first one is biting her popsicle, the second one is licking her popsicle, and the third one is sucking her popsicle.

Which one is married?"

The teacher thinks about it for a moment and says, "Well...I guess it would be the one sucking her popsicle."

"Wrong", said Timmy, "It's the one wearing the wedding ring, but I like the way you're thinking."

If all the "Timmy in class" jokes are based on the same kid, he's a witty little bastard alright.

holly molly, Am I the only one doing them on a different days... I do chest and biceps on one day and back shoulders and triceps on another day..i like it but i used to do arms on the same day untill i heared that its better this way... but i guess everyone has its own "routine"

QuestionGuy said:
holly molly, Am I the only one doing them on a different days... I do chest and biceps on one day and back shoulders and triceps on another day..i like it but i used to do arms on the same day untill i heared that its better this way... but i guess everyone has its own "routine"
To each is own is what I always say...many people do it the way you do.

Back