NapsGear.net

Follow Us on Facebook        Subscribe to us on YouTube        Follow Us on Twitter        IronMagLabs on Instagram        Sign Up for our Newsletter

help with restart

killa

Rep Points

help with restart

hey guys whats up
    i need your help, i am trying to get back into the whole lifting routine. i havnt been going for the last 2 months but it is getting to expensive not to go. What are the best and most effective lifts? what lifts and schedule is most efficient? I am 17 5' 11'' and 170lb. My main goal is to get bigger and look better just because it is fun to look beter than everyone else.

thanks!

Rep Points

stretch, cardio, light lifting

After a couple months you'll need to reinvigorate your stretching routine - at least 15 minutes before and after a workout.

Go for a 1 week doing a mix of majority cardio and light lifting; for example: 30 minutes cardio (bike, run, step) and then 20 minutes of light, high rep weights.

During your second week flip flop the scenario: do 20 minutes of cardio, and 30 minutes of lifting, increase the weight slightly and decrease the reps slightly.

On the third week it's your choice - if you need to burn fat continue with cardio and weights. If you're thin and just want to gain size then go for the full one hour on weights.

On the fourth week you can start doing light dead lifts and squats - build up.

I am Canadian

Rep Points

I have four months of solid training under my belt after almost 3 yrs off. Ease yourself back into your routine; expect to be a little sore at first and eat like there's no tomorrow.

You will gain back everything you lost in your two months off plus a little extra in a matter of weeks. Muscle memory is sweet.

Good luck.

killa

Rep Points

aight thanks guys!
    tryin to get back into the swing of things. i wish i had never stopped lifting, it is a bitch to gain everything back.