• 🛑Hello, this board in now turned off and no new posting.
    Please REGISTER at Anabolic Steroid Forums, and become a member of our NEW community! 💪
  • 🔥Check Out Muscle Gelz HEAL® - A Topical Peptide Repair Formula with BPC-157 & TB-500! 🏥

Well, this sucks. I got hepatitis!

Evil ANT

Registered
Reaction score
IML Gear Cream!
Last week after failing on a heavy squat I awoke the next day to find my back a bit sore. I figured it was no problem, just a pulled muscle, and that it would go away in a day or two.

Well, two days went by and I only felt worse and worse. I had a kidney infection years ago so I knew what one felt like. The pain in my back definitely felt like a kidney infection so I went to the ER to get some medical help. Usually one little prescription can take care of it.

After three hours, the doctor came back to tell me that I had a mild kidney infection. He told me to rest for a day, take some pilles he prescribed me, and then I would be fine.

When I got home and started taking the prescribed medicine things really started going downhill. I couldn't keep the pills down as they'd make me puke violently, and they made my back hurt worse and worse. So, the next day, I took a trip back to the ER so they could prescribe me something different.

The doctor refused to prescribe me anything different unless I allowed them to do blood work on me. They told me that they had found some odd things in my urine from the previous day so they wanted to check it out a bit more. Why they didn't tell me they found weird things in my piss the day before is beyond me.

Anyhow, after having blood drawn and analyzed, the doctor came back to tell me some surprising news. I have hepatitis! On top of that, I also have a kidney infection and a pulled muscle in my back. As you can guess, I'm in a bit of pain as I write this.

While I was talking to the doctor about how I could have possibly contracted hepatitis, I informed him that I run cycles of anabolic steroids. However, I made sure to tell him that I'm not on any oral steroids at the moment. To my shock, he told me that even injectibles are tough on the liver. I could have sworn I've read numerous places that injectibles don't do much damage to the liver and kidneys. Anyway, I didn't debate it with him.

To clarify what I'm running right now, I was running 500 mg's a week of test but upped it to 700 mg's two weeks ago. No orals.

Have any of you guys heard about 'roids (injectables only) causing hepatitis? This sucks bad and I don't know if I should finish my cycle or stop completely. The cause of my hepatitis is unknown and it could have come from something other than the gear.

Any advice? I'm thinking it's time to play it safe and cut my cycle short until I'm 100% better.

That sucks man :( but I haven't seen anything about taxed liver either, but everyone is different in terms of how much the liver is hit. There have been guys doing 80+mg of dbol who blood test within normal range, yet others hardly touch orals for months and come back with high values (one guy who was on test for over a year tested high).

thats nasty kidngy infection is bad enuf i had one last year

PLEASE dont PM me when you can make additions to the board (not you ANT). Thanks.

I do NOT know this persons drinking habits or what their lifestyle is that their liver values were high.

Ah, yes. I should add that I never drink, don't smoke, and the only "drug" that I put in my body is test as of right now.

The doctors have no idea what prompted me to get so sick so fast, and I don't really know either. It could be my upping the test from 500 to 700, but it's hard to say. There are literally a million things that could have caused it. In fact, one doctor surprised me when he told me that drinking a lot of milk can sometimes cause hepatitis. I drink like a gallon of milk every two days.

This sucks, bad. I guess the safe thing to do is cut my cycle short, wait a few weeks, start PCT, and then start another cycle months from now when I'm confident that I'm back to 100%.

Valuable lesson learned in all of this: When on a cycle, have a local physician on hand to check your levels from time to time so you don't end up messing up your body.

will it be ok bro or does it not get worse

Do you know which type of Hep you have? B or C. One can come from blood transfusions, sharing dirty needles ect. One comes from from contaiminated food(A).

Last edited:
You can also get Hep B/C from unprotected sex from a person who is infected.

Last edited:
that sucks EA, hope all goes well...

listen to this......drugs is all shit! and i will never ever put shit like that in my body.

ever......

IML Gear Cream!
The only way he could have gotten Hep from steriods is from someone that used unsanitary or contaiminated needles to process the vials. If everything was clean, it came from another source.

There was rumor of some contaminated gear once before, mexican stuff.

hep A and B are most common , hep A from contaminated food, hep B from contaminated blood or needles and sex. hep c , d and e are more rarer . hepatitis is usually caused by bacteria, virus and parasites.

GIZmo_Timme said:
listen to this......drugs is all shit! and i will never ever put shit like that in my body.

ever......

so what do you want a medal or something ? :blah: :laugh:

GIZmo_Timme said:

ever......
I have seen the light. Never again will i use PH/PS's or AAS's

Hey Ant I feel your pain brother...I have Hep A and just about over it...my liver values are getting better every time I get tested. I got it from eating food after some sick fuck (probably fast food) didn't wash his hands after shitting....yeah....well I have been dealing with lethargy,depression,hot flashes, dizzyness, increased anxiety, feeling weak, and shitting my brains out for the past 4 months. I am just about better now. My liver values have got better even while on test cycle...so I doubt the test messed you up....You didn't mention what you type of Hep it is that you have. If its A you ate something prepared by a shitty (no pun) person....B and C are the worse forms that can kill you....caused by sex and sharing needles....and or exchange of blood. Anyways good luck bro...I don't know if stopping the test is going to help you...might actually make it harder to get over...don't know for sure cause I'm no doctor...when you give more info maybe I can help further...good luck

Sorry to hear this Ant, hopefully you have the one that's treatable.

I won't know for another day or two if I have A, B, or C. My blood is still in the lab being processed and the doctor told me they'd let me know when they got the results. So, for now, all they can tell me is I have hepatitis. If I had to guess I'd say I have A, since it's more common. I doubt I'd have C.

When they told me that even injectables such as testosterone can strain the liver and maybe cause hepatitis I was totally shocked. I wasn't about to argue with a doctor, but it seemed a bit suspect to me as injectables don't pass through the digestive system that I know of.

They gave me a ton of pills to take and I'm feeling a lot better already. Could be another week or two before I'm good enough to hit the gym, though.

Best wishes to you man, hope all is well..

IML Gear Cream!
Damn EA, that sucks. I really doubt it was the test. Most doctors are the last ones to ask about the side effects of gear. I'm betting you got hep A.

I 'm send'n words to heaven for ya Brotha. Hang tough ! Peace n Love

Hey Ant chances are you ate out and got Hep A....look at it on the bright side once you had you can't get it again...your body will build anti-bodies to make sure of that...you'll be immune for life. The thing that sucks is no matter how many pills your doctor gives you it won't speed up the process...it may make your life a little more comfortable...but thats it. Some people get it worse then others. Matter fact I was told that some people get it and just feel like they got the flu for a couple weeks then its over for them...then you've got someone like me thats been struggling with the side effects of it for 4 months now.....before my doctor knew what was causing my liver enzymes to be elevated she told me to stop taking my Whey shakes, flax oil, and all vitamins....thats CRAZY....if a doctor is going to tell me all these healthy things could be causing my liver to fuck up its no wonder they would tell you the test is causing your liver to be messed up. The whole idea of using injectibles is so they do not tax your liver like orals do....so I think your doctor is just trying to cover his/her ass by telling you to stop everything. Cause if he/she didn't tell you and you died it could be their ass on the chopping block.

dont think hep is caused by liver strain , it is inflammed liver but meant to be off virus or bacteria. hep b and c are viral infections.

Stick to your meds man and get better, this board of strong men is the toughest there is-and we won't lose another brother to an un-worthy cause. I'll be rooting for you big dog.

cappo5150 said:
Can you get cured from hep?

If you get Hep A your body will build up anti-bodies and then you'll be immune for life...Hep B & C cannot be cured. There is some meds the doctor can give you if you've caught it shortly after contracting it. These meds can cure Hep B but I'm not sure about Hep C. Hep C will eventually kill those who get it. Basically it ends up killing your liver.

Hey, thanks for all the support, guys. I really appreciate it. I've been taking my meds as directed and I feel great today. Not 100% better, but damn close. Another day or two and I'll be back in business. I plan on getting a light workout in today if my body can handle it. I can't wait to get back in the gym. I've been laying in bed for three days feeling like a lazy sack of crap.

Think it's safe for me to continue my cycle or should I ditch it for now? I'm still undecided on that.

If your on test only I wouldn't stop it yet. Your doctor is going to monitor your liver enzymes every month for a while. That is what mine did. As I've mentioned my doctor told me to stop all supplements and to not drink a drop of alcohol. Well I didn't stop taking any of the supplements because I didn't see how it was going to logically hurt me, and I still drank socially. Each time I had my liver checked it kept getting better. A few weeks ago my liver was checked and it was a cunt hair above normal. I am supposed to get tested again after the new year. So in short its your call if you stop the cycle...I don't think you should....my worry would be that you will feel more shitty if you stop the cycle.

Back